2D Brackets are Set:

Deleted Account

For Graham...

Bluefield College is on the road the rest of the season, so their schedule won't conflict.

The Beavers, however, will have home field through the playoff and are at the mercy of their opponent's choice as to what day they play.  Graham will play opposite.

I went back over everything. Found a couple of extra points, but nothing that changed the pairings.

Also, if the guy on preps is correct about Region C, then Union also secured home field for the semifinal....if they are fortunate enough to get there.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I went back over everything. Found a couple of extra points, but nothing that changed the pairings.

Also, if the guy on preps is correct about Region C, then Union also secured home field for the semifinal....if they are fortunate enough to get there.

Do you remember What glenvar and Appomattox should end up with? 

1 minute ago, EH31 said:

Do you remember What glenvar and Appomattox should end up with? 

According to him. Glenvar at 26.8 because Hidden Valley defeated Cave Springs. And best Appo could do was 26.778

My final points were....

1.) Union 10-0 270 27
2.) Graham 9-1 264 26.4
3.) Ridgeview 9-1 262 26.2
4.) Va High 7-3 237 23.7
5.) Marion 8-2 236 23.6
6.) Grayson Co 6-4 210 21
7.) Battle, John 6-4 206 20.6
8.) Richlands 4-6 197 19.7
9.) Lee 5-5 195

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

According to him. Glenvar at 26.8 because Hidden Valley defeated Cave Springs. And best Appo could do was 26.778

My final points were....

1.) Union 10-0 270 27
2.) Graham 9-1 264 26.4
3.) Ridgeview 9-1 262 26.2
4.) Va High 7-3 237 23.7
5.) Marion 8-2 236 23.6
6.) Grayson Co 6-4 210 21
7.) Battle, John 6-4 206 20.6
8.) Richlands 4-6 197 19.7
9.) Lee 5-5 195

If that’s the case, then I would stand corrected about the Richlands/Lee result and owe VHSLHelper an apology.  May have been able to have caught that from his site, but I’ve belabored the point on how useful information presented in an illogical fashion on ancient web platforms has little value.

49 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

From 1-8 this has to be toughest region in 2A hell there's 4 teams that could win it.

It might be the deepest, but I think 2A and 2B would be the “toughest” due to the competition at the top.  

Most years, you have 1-2 teams that can compete for a state title (Tier A), 2-4 more that are good but have fatal flaws (Tier B), 3-6 more that are mediocre (Tier C), and 1-3 doormats (Tier D).  This season, you have 2 that are on the lower end of Tier A (Union, Graham), 6 teams that are firmly in Tier B (Ridgeview [upper end], Marion, Richlands, VHS, Battle, Grayson [lower end]), 2 teams in Tier C (Lee, Tazewell [lower end]), and 3 doormats (Central, Lebanon, Tazewell Jr. AKA Dysfunction Junction).  Many of the Tier C teams got a bump to Tier B and it’s really shown parity, which is a welcome thing.

9 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

If that’s the case, then I would stand corrected about the Richlands/Lee result and owe VHSLHelper an apology.  May have been able to have caught that from his site, but I’ve belabored the point on how useful information presented in an illogical fashion on ancient web platforms has little value.

For whatever reason, I didn't give Byrd credit for their win over Botetourt last week. That's the 1pt.

Had I not been doing this on my phone at the game tonight while ringing a cowbell, I would have caught it too. Lol

17 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

I don’t look at it that way...that’s one team Union always gets fired up for. So, they won’t come out flat in the first round...it’ll be guns a blazin’.

I think Union is fired up enough for a good playoff run. If Union stays on their game then they win. 

1 minute ago, local_insight said:

Last year a 5-5 team won the 3A State Championship. Just throwing that out there. Anything could happen.

That 5-5 team was also capable of scoring more than 2 offensive touchdowns in a single game, but technically you're right, anything "could" happen. 

41 minutes ago, local_insight said:

Last year a 5-5 team won the 3A State Championship. Just throwing that out there. Anything could happen.

I’m not sayin’ it can’t...what I am saying is that Union has a history of coming out fairly flat in their opening round playoff games in the past...games that come to mind are Stuarts Draft in 2011, Lee in 2013, and Tazewell in 2014. With Richlands being the first round game, that won’t be the case. I’ve never seen Union not get up for them. Should be a good one.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

It's only illogical if you don't take the time to learn how it works