Week 10 updates.

Real Sasquatch

Very windy here at Mitchell Stadium. I got here just before Graham went back to the locker room. Looked like some receivers had a tough time hanging on to the ball. I'll probably look for a lot of running tonight. Hopefully there will be a running clock by halftime so we can get out of here at a decent time. Gotta work in the morning. Gotta love the Thursday night lights.

9 minutes left in the second qtr, No Way Nottoway (Tazewell,circa 1986) leads Randolph Henry 36 to nothing.   Watching this one on NFHS, Nottoway to me looks like Appomattox in different uni's, minus the solid coaching.  They are very big, quick, strong, and fast.  Probably going to be some kind of a football game if Nottoway and King William meet in that Class 2, Region A title game down east.

Just now, -oo- said:

Graham blocks Blacksburg's punt.

Graham - 2

Blacksburg - 0

10:27

1st

This is going to get bad. Blevins absolutely demolished the QB.

B’burg would finish 3rd in Black Diamond District.

If this continues to go like it looks it will go, the G-Men will just call it a day at halftime and let their starters play one half, then put the JV team in.  This is the kind of game where Graham's Coaching Staff is going to kind of have to be creative in order to keep the score down.  It's one thing to "not" allow the score to go up.  It's another when you are actually going to have to try and do something to keep the score "down."  What I'm getting as is this.  I've seen Graham's JV twice this year.  I think Graham's JV is actually 3 touchdowns better than Blacksburg's starters/varsity in a 4 quarter game.  

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Blacksburg did a good job holding Graham that drive. Sacked Blevins twice I believe. 

For Graham, no shallow crosses on any of the routes.  4 WR's, two of them run flags and two of them run seams.  It seems most of their pass plays have few crossing routes to help out the QB if under duress.  

7 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

For Graham, no shallow crosses on any of the routes.  4 WR's, two of them run flags and two of them run seams.  It seems most of their pass plays have few crossing routes to help out the QB if under duress.  

A lot of that is probably due in part to some subs going in ???? I just hope Graham players don’t get drawn in by Blacksburg’s players who seem to have a chip on their shoulders. No excuse for face mask after whistle blows. Could get dicey.