Week 10 updates.

Real Sasquatch

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Sloppy…🙌🏻

Blacksburg, although a shell of what they once were, still has a couple of the regular-expected Class 4 type talented guys on the field.  One of those the defensive lineman who is crashing Graham's backfield on occasion, and the QB number 12.  He's clearly at QB because he's there by default and is there best athlete and only option, but on defense, number 12 is damn mess!  Kid brings the leather and he's the typical old Blacksburg Class 4 talented player that they use to have so many of.  

I know this sounds crazy, but I will swear by it, number 12 might have actually had 20 tackles against us (Giles).  It seemed like he made 2 out of every 3 tackles they had against us.  We couldn't keep him out of the backfield and when we did, we had some success.  

3 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Blacksburg, although a shell of what they once were, still has a couple of the regular-expected Class 4 type talented guys on the field.  One of those the defensive lineman who is crashing Graham's backfield on occasion, and the QB number 12.  He's clearly at QB because he's there by default and is there best athlete and only option, but on defense, number 12 is damn mess!  Kid brings the leather and he's the typical old Blacksburg Class 4 talented player that they use to have so many of.  

I know this sounds crazy, but I will swear by it, number 12 might have actually had 20 tackles against us (Giles).  It seemed like he made 2 out of every 3 tackles they had against us.  We couldn't keep him out of the backfield and when we did, we had some success.  

Same story tonight. And there have been a couple very impressive tackles outside the numbers in one on one situations. Offense clearly just not there. Defensively I think they are solid. Not great, not horrible. 

4 minutes ago, -oo- said:

Same story tonight. And there have been a couple very impressive tackles outside the numbers in one on one situations. Offense clearly just not there. Defensively I think they are solid. Not great, not horrible. 

Graham in my opinion, is actually having great success running IN Between the tackles which is something they have been ok at, not great at all year long with the running back, but ok.  Blacksburg is completely sold on the pass and they are doing double duty to not let Graham beat them deep, and to not let Graham beat them to the outside.  With that written, Graham just needs to stick to the run in between the tackles.  Whenever Blacksburg has stopped Graham's run, it's when Graham's QB has taken a bad angle and trying to get outside where he should just keep it in between the tackles.  It's open.  Blacksburg is playing to simply keep the score respectable and trying to avoid the blowout, and by doing so, the run for Graham in between the tackles is open all night, but it's going to take longer to score and more patience. 

If the GMen stay with the run inside, they get 3 scores and win it 44 zip.

27 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

He’s their diamond for sure. They need a few more like him.