2D Playoff Picture: Final Week

Deleted Account

12 minutes ago, Tnvols said:

Could someone do single A region D? After Ph loss last night how does that shake thinks up?

Something like this for the final standings.

01.) Holston 10-0 254 25.4
02.) Twin Springs 9-1 216 21.6
03.) Pat Henry-GS 7-3 202 20.2
04.) Chilhowie 7-3 196 19.6
05.) Grundy 5-4 166 18.44444
06.) Twin Valley 6-3 158 17.55556
07.) Thomas Walker 6-4 169 16.9
08.) Eastside 5-4 152 16.88889
09.) Honaker 5-4 150 16.66667
10.) Rural Retreat 5-5 159 15.9
11.) Lebanon 2-8 126 12.6
12.) J.I. Burton 2-8 124 12.4
13.) Hurley 2-7 102 11.33333
14.) Castlewood 2-8 109 10.9
15.) Northwood 1-9 106 10.6
16.) Rye Cove 0-10 81 8.1

13 minutes ago, VHScat17 said:

Region 2D Scenarios pertaining to tonight's game between Virginia High and Richlands 

bearcatsportsnetwork.com/post/region-2d-scenarios

If M7 uses points then that 4 seed is Lee.....just out of curiosity when was all this officially decided?  Pre Season?  

No way this could have been decided after that because then everyone has a vested interest right??

4 minutes ago, packattack2021 said:

If M7 uses points then that 4 seed is Lee.....just out of curiosity when was all this officially decided?  Pre Season?  

No way this could have been decided after that because then everyone has a vested interest right??

Lee is going to lose to Abingdon.  So, if the Region did use points first, then you are going to have Gate City who has a 1 game better district record than Lee, and you are going to have Gate City who beat Lee by 2 touchdowns not going to the playoffs.<----------That's weird!

Just now, GilesDavis4321 said:

Lee is going to lose to Abingdon.  So, if the Region did use points first, then you are going to have Gate City who has a 1 game better district record than Lee, and you are going to have Gate City who beat Lee by 2 touchdowns not going to the playoffs.<----------That's weird!

100% agreed....

46 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I know this has been talked about, but how are they doing round 2 with this cross bracketing?  Anybody know for sure what the deal is?

FoxTrot seems in the know.  He say's there isn't reseeding.  So, this means, game two's are Automatically set, for example in the NCAA tournament, the 1/16 winner plays the 8/9 winner.  Graham/Gate City winner plays the Union/Richlands winner.  Assuming of course, VH beats Richlands and Central beats Grundy, leaving VH the 2 seed and Union the 2 seed in the M7 and Richlands the 3 seed in the SWD.  So for Graham, even if 3 seed Ridgeview beats VH in the first round, for Graham in round two, Graham would not get to play the lowest seeded remaining team in Ridgeview, they automatically play the Union/Richlands winner.  

All of the above based on the assumption and likelihood that it's 1. Central, 2 Union, 3 RV, 4 GC and 1 Graham, 2 VH, 3 Richlands, 4 Tazewell.  In summary, no reseeding in round two.  <------which again, is piss poor effort by someone

38 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

FoxTrot seems in the know.  He say's there isn't reseeding.  So, this means, game two's are Automatically set, for example in the NCAA tournament, the 1/16 winner plays the 8/9 winner.  Graham/Gate City winner plays the Union/Richlands winner.  Assuming of course, VH beats Richlands and Central beats Grundy, leaving VH the 2 seed and Union the 2 seed in the M7 and Richlands the 3 seed in the SWD.  So for Graham, even if 3 seed Ridgeview beats VH in the first round, for Graham in round two, Graham would not get to play the lowest seeded remaining team in Ridgeview, they automatically play the Union/Richlands winner.  

All of the above based on the assumption and likelihood that it's 1. Central, 2 Union, 3 RV, 4 GC and 1 Graham, 2 VH, 3 Richlands, 4 Tazewell.  In summary, no reseeding in round two.  <------which again, is piss poor effort by someone

I see M7 winning 3 of those games so the cross bracket seems like a strange way of doing it.  Doesn't matter though either way it's gonna be central and graham in the finals unless someone has a Covid issue

12 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I see M7 winning 3 of those games so the cross bracket seems like a strange way of doing it.  Doesn't matter though either way it's gonna be central and graham in the finals unless someone has a Covid issue

You Union folks are getting very very good at this reverse psychology. Ain't none of the rest of us sleeping on the Bears. 😂

2 hours ago, packattack2021 said:

My original post along those lines did not account for the M7 going strictly by Power Points.  As they are, Lee and not GC would be the M7’s #4.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I know this has been talked about, but how are they doing round 2 with this cross bracketing?  Anybody know for sure what the deal is?

I would presume the winner of M7 #4 and SWD #1 plays the winner of SWD #3 and M7 #2; and the winner of SWD #4 and M7 #1 plays the winner of M7 #3 and SWD #2.

41 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I would presume the winner of M7 #4 and SWD #1 plays the winner of SWD #3 and M7 #2; and the winner of SWD #4 and M7 #1 plays the winner of M7 #3 and SWD #2.

I believe this is correct. My understanding is there is no re-seeding after the tournament starts, so the bracket stays locked once it is set.

Below is me trying to figure out the M7 #4 scenario 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, packattack2021 said:

That article said Region 2D was based on district record, so that would put GC as the 4th seed over Lee right?.  They’ll have the same overall record but GC would have the better district record based on them beating Lee.  The points are only used as a tiebreaker.  

It’s a nice discussion but the prize for being the 4th seed is a beat down from Graham.

2 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

You Union folks are getting very very good at this reverse psychology. Ain't none of the rest of us sleeping on the Bears. 😂

I wish that was the case but it's gonna be ugly if the 2 play.  Unions not the team they were earlier in year.  Union will give it their best but just don't have the weapons to pull the upset.  

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

I wish that was the case but it's gonna be ugly if the 2 play.  Unions not the team they were earlier in year.  Union will give it their best but just don't have the weapons to pull the upset.  

It’s hard to beat a team like Union twice in one season. Graham barely got by them earlier. If GMen have a penalty plagued night, I can see Union winning.