Playoff Updates - Week 3.

Real Sasquatch

8 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Im surprised bluefield made it this far. Is wv that down this year? From what i saw of bluefield they didnt look that good this year. Kinda small and nowhere near the speed they usually have.

I'm not surprised.  WV AA ball is way down.  Bluefield Researcher talked about that early in the year.  

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Appomattox recovers the onside kick, that should do it.

Appomattox 27

Glenvar 21.

Whoever gets Appomattox next week will have to play their best game of the year. Appomattox looking poised to repeat again….

Way to battle by Glenvar.  Special teams and big plays, same ole story for Appo.  Well coached.  Glenvar is also very well coached.   i'm going to watch Abingdon and LB on NFHS tonight.  Hopefully it's another good game.  I think it will be a, very, very close, flip a coin type game in my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

They dont make very many mistakes.  If you can limit the big plays, then you have a chance.  

If you guys win tomorrow please beat Appo it's getting ridiculous at this point.  Same teams winning every year has taken the fun out of it lately

Just now, goose111874 said:

If you guys win tomorrow please beat Appo it's getting ridiculous at this point.  Same teams winning every year has taken the fun out of it lately

Crazy to believe only team to win since 2015 other than Appo is Graham. 

Appomattox has had many many great teams , at least 2 div 1 players maybe more. I just know where all that talent is coming from, larger areas don’t push that much talent out , there student body has what about 700 kids , as they say. “The talent runs strong in young  skywa—-Raiders, ole Smith must have a clone maker over there

12 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Appomattox has had many many great teams , at least 2 div 1 players maybe more. I just know where all that talent is coming from, larger areas don’t push that much talent out , there student body has what about 700 kids , as they say. “The talent runs strong in young  skywa—-Raiders, ole Smith must have a clone maker over there

Doug Smith is the answer to your question. Phenomenal coach. While I will never root for Appomattox in any game, I have the upmost respect for him and what he has done with that program. 

51 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Doug Smith is the answer to your question. Phenomenal coach. While I will never root for Appomattox in any game, I have the upmost respect for him and what he has done with that program. 

Agree.  You can bet that they will be prepared for whoever they play from region D.  Can they be beaten?  I think so. But it will take one outstanding effort to do it.  

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

They seem to be more one dimensional than past years. I think if you have a defense that can limit the run and Lawing from scrambling, and have a good enough offense and athletes to score they can be beaten. But is there a team that can do it? We'll see. 

Glenvar did a decent job of stopping the run and big plays. But just didnt have the offense. And that may be credit to Appos D.

I think Graham is the most balanced team i have seen this year. But they have a tough test tomorrow.