SWD Predictions

bulldog05-CO2017

1 hour ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

He’s not wrong though Richlands has  owned them for the last 20 years never seems to matter the talent gap. I can name many other years when Tazewell should have won but didn’t. They have a coaching issue in Tazewell and that hasn’t went away. I think it will be a close game either way, Richlands is young they will get better before that game.

From an outside prospective the minute Mance went to go work on his tan the coaching gap has narrowed by a lot. Nothing against Tarter I am sure he is a great guy and coach but I do believe it is a long closer than its been the last 20 years 

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

From an outside prospective the minute Mance went to go work on his tan the coaching gap has narrowed by a lot. Nothing against Tarter I am sure he is a great guy and coach but I do believe it is a long closer than its been the last 20 years 

Last 2 games have been decided by 1 total point.  Each team is 1-1, having won on the opponent’s field.  Hard to be closer than that.  

And the poster to which you replied is on some form of illicit substance if he thinks the “coaching issue” hasn’t been resolved.  Barring some abject disaster, this season’s graduating class will be the first graduating class since 2009 to come out of Tazewell with a winning overall record (and that includes the 2020 season being shortened, where Tazewell would have gone 9-3 at very worst).  Tazewell should almost certainly make the playoffs for a 4th straight year, which they have never done before.  Future is bright.

A lot of Jealousy up the road, I understand from 2004 to 2016 we were 144-28 with a state championship and 4 state championship appearances. You guys get excited about making the playoffs, your great coaches have squandered some really good talent with nothing to show for it. I see the same Tazewell. 

I'm glad to see Richlands/Tazewell still have a good rivalry or hatred for each other. The Graham/Beaver rivalry is more of a class reunion love affair now. Show up, drink a few beers in the parking lot, shoot the bull, watch some football, go home, and never come to another game for a year. 

6 minutes ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

A lot of Jealousy up the road, I understand from 2004 to 2016 we were 144-28 with a state championship and 4 state championship appearances. You guys get excited about making the playoffs, your great coaches have squandered some really good talent with nothing to show for it. I see the same Tazewell. 

3 straight losing season has really pissed you off.... Great talent with little depth means you are one injury away from your season going to hell. That does not reflect the coach though. Tazewell was in the dumps 4 years ago and its hard to get kids out when you are not good. But hats off to Coach Harris because he was able to use that talent to wins some games and now he has a roster of 50 and a JV for the first time in years. One injury wont kill them this year and the young kids get to play against players their own age. I agree Tazewell is moving in the right direction and that bulldog doesnt seem as scared of what is now just an F1 Tornado that use to be an F5. 

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

3 straight losing season has really pissed you off.... Great talent with little depth means you are one injury away from your season going to hell. That does not reflect the coach though. Tazewell was in the dumps 4 years ago and its hard to get kids out when you are not good. But hats off to Coach Harris because he was able to use that talent to wins some games and now he has a roster of 50 and a JV for the first time in years. One injury wont kill them this year and the young kids get to play against players their own age. I agree Tazewell is moving in the right direction and that bulldog doesnt seem as scared of what is now just an F1 Tornado that use to be an F5. 

Out of reacts. But that’s the truth. All Richlands throws up is the past 20 years. The past 20 years ain’t gonna make ya damn team any better. All y’all have is a kicker. At least y’all will get scores in 3s tho. Good day sir!

I’ve been reading and not posting for a while, so just surprised to see another Tornado99. I’m a little wary of the Dogs this year, but it’s hard to look past recent history.

One thing for sure, Graham is currently the class of the district, and I dare say the region. I wish all would go, 10-0, 9-1, and 8-2. My best guess is 1. Graham, 2. Richlands, 3. Tazewell, (heart over head), 4. Virginia High, and 5. Marion. Any combo of 2-4 is no surprise.

Sorry you guys can’t take a little back and forth you never could. When I talk about the future we have some legit talent coming up from the little league where we have 152 kids out to the 8th grade to the JV all those squads are solid we are on the way back. You guys just can’t see through those green glasses. You know it’s the truth though. The pain is gonna continue well into the future. 

5 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Richlands was headed south before Mance went south. Hey, I ain’t complaining, Richlands’ loss, Graham’s gain. Credit to him & Snake for all those successful years together for the Blues. I wish Tarter the best, he’s a stand up guy. Harris has done a great job at Tazewell. Hope the Blues & Dawgs can be successful this season but I sure do love the rivalry between them.  It sure makes the board more entertaining! 

2 hours ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

Sorry you guys can’t take a little back and forth you never could. When I talk about the future we have some legit talent coming up from the little league where we have 152 kids out to the 8th grade to the JV all those squads are solid we are on the way back. You guys just can’t see through those green glasses. You know it’s the truth though. The pain is gonna continue well into the future. 

You been drinking the blue Kool aid?  Just giving you are hard time....  Richlands has dominated the dogs for a long time.  But the past few games have been close and the d9gs came home with a win a couple years back.  I do believe the dogs will win this year  and I would love to see both teams field quality teams in the future with a competitive game each year.

2 hours ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

Real smooth there Ex Lax. You’ns need to take that Ex Lax. Your constipation is making you really cranky! That Ex Lax will let it flow and you’ll be good. 

I say this every year on here, then get some flack from a couple Richlands guys.  I never mean it to be harmful, but the same exchanges occur.  Well, here goes again this year and just my opinion.  Richlands Staff will do what they do and more power to them.  They are good men.

A. Richlands no longer has the athletes to be running spread offenses with 4 WR's COMPARED to decent line play and size over the past 4 years where a power running game, or if not a power running game, a run oriented offense or at least a run first offense would be more of an advantage compared to the spread offense, in which they do not have the athletes to get open in coverage against speedier teams and the QB's do not have the mobility when under pressure.  Additionally, if you don't have the athletes to run a spread offense, then you don't have them defensively to cover a pass, so again, a run oriented offense that utilizes the size on the offensive line and limits the possessions of the other teams speedy offenses is the direction they should have taken 4 years ago.  Just my opinion.  I get it...."I'm not a coach" and I don't claim to be able to do a better job, but I am a fan and this is a message board about opinions, so I'm giving mine...respectively. 

B. Chances of the above happening?  Zero. Richlands isn't coming out of the spread stuff.  It seems as ingrained in them as the single wing is to Giles, but the single wing and wing T doesn't require the athletes needed to run a spread offense, and the single wing and a wing t kills lot of clock when effective and can decrease the offensive possessions of more athletic teams.  

C. I say this every year and someone gets mad, but it's a Board about opinions so I'm giving mine.  Here's when you know the culture will be shifted at Richlands.  When the fans at the scrimmages and message boards first question changes from, "Who is going to be Richlands QB this year"?  That question has presented first for 1.5 decades.  When the first question is no longer concerned with "who is the starting QB", but "who is the starting RB and how did the OL look" then you know Richlands is trending correctly and a culture change has occurred.  Richlands is a long, long way from that change in my opinion because with the spread offense, they don't even remotely perceive it as a problem among the staff or with the fans, so you can't change something that you don't even think doesn't need changing.

Just my take...I think I should cut, paste, save this post.   I do it once per year about this time for the last 4 or so years.  

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I say this every year on here, then get some flack from a couple Richlands guys.  I never mean it to be harmful, but the same exchanges occur.  Well, here goes again this year and just my opinion.  Richlands Staff will do what they do and more power to them.  They are good men.

A. Richlands no longer has the athletes to be running spread offenses with 4 WR's COMPARED to decent line play and size over the past 4 years where a power running game, or if not a power running game, a run oriented offense or at least a run first offense would be more of an advantage compared to the spread offense, in which they do not have the athletes to get open in coverage against speedier teams and the QB's do not have the mobility when under pressure.  Additionally, if you don't have the athletes to run a spread offense, then you don't have them defensively to cover a pass, so again, a run oriented offense that utilizes the size on the offensive line and limits the possessions of the other teams speedy offenses is the direction they should have taken 4 years ago.  Just my opinion.  I get it...."I'm not a coach" and I don't claim to be able to do a better job, but I am a fan and this is a message board about opinions, so I'm giving mine...respectively. 

B. Chances of the above happening?  Zero. Richlands isn't coming out of the spread stuff.  It seems as ingrained in them as the single wing is to Giles, but the single wing and wing T doesn't require the athletes needed to run a spread offense, and the single wing and a wing t kills lot of clock when effective and can decrease the offensive possessions of more athletic teams.  

C. I say this every year and someone gets mad, but it's a Board about opinions so I'm giving mine.  Here's when you know the culture will be shifted at Richlands.  When the fans at the scrimmages and message boards first question changes from, "Who is going to be Richlands QB this year"?  That question has presented first for 1.5 decades.  When the first question is no longer concerned with "who is the starting QB", but "who is the starting RB and how did the OL look" then you know Richlands is trending correctly and a culture change has occurred.  Richlands is a long, long way from that change in my opinion because with the spread offense, they don't even remotely perceive it as a problem among the staff or with the fans, so you can't change something that you don't even think doesn't need changing.

Just my take...I think I should cut, paste, save this post.   I do it once per year about this time for the last 4 or so years.  

Richlands’ spread is morphing and I’m curious to see how it looks mid-season.  It will be more evident this year they’ll be a spread to run team as I believe they will run Brown until the wheels fall off. I’m reserving judgement until they return all their OL. Tarter is putting in the work.  That being said, Bulldogs have the better athletes and seem to be putting in the work…at least offensively.  I feel that the Blues place more of an emphasis on defense than the Dawgs and I like Richlands ability to develop and coach up good line play more than Tazewell.   I would not be shocked to see either team win this year and I hope to attend the game.  I’m also curious as to how many on this board have actually suited up and marked their helmet up with some navy blue or Kelly green?

If Va High can find some defense they will be tough. That Jones at QB and the receiver #80 are going to put on a show every week. They could have easily beat GC last night except Jones didn't play after halftime. 

22 hours ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

Further down 460 we see tazewell too. But they're in Richlands now. Tazewell will beat Richlands handily this year.