Princeton and Bluefield

BandanaVTDavis4321

IMO, this ARGUABLY might be 2 of the 4 top teams in all of the coverage area this season. I know, Ridgeview, Galax, Union, Tazewell, Abingdon, GW, all in the mix, but not much discussion about this one, and I think many in far SWVA Lonesome Pine area aren't as familiar with Princeton this year.

Any of you all ever watch Princeton on the tablet this year? Guys, Princeton is legit. They arent getting close to a WV AAA title, but this team is actually very good. We talk about QBs in the area, especially RV, Tazewell, VA Highs QB, but the best one in the area right now is the kid from Princeton. Creasy and O'Quinn are younger of course and will be great, but if you haven't seen Princeton this year, take a look.

I believe Princeton may actually be a top 5 AAA school in WV this year, as in....hovering in that 5 spot. Bluefield is better than last year, especially on the Line of Scrimmage, but Princeton is also better than last year. This is going to be one heck of a football game and I'm thinking about watching this one instead of making the trip to Tazewell as it's much closer to Pearisburg. 

I know people will disagree with me on this, but even with Graham, RV, Bluefield, Union, Galax, Princeton Might..keyword might....be the actual beat team in the coverage area this year.

Its a shame more games aren't played on Thursday and Saturday night.  I would absolutely travel an extra night to catch a game, especially one like this. The best games this week are on the northwestern edge of our coverage: Bluefield/Princeton and Graham/Tazewell are great matchups.

9 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Its a shame more games aren't played on Thursday and Saturday night.  I would absolutely travel an extra night to catch a game, especially one like this. The best games this week are on the northwestern edge of our coverage: Bluefield/Princeton and Graham/Tazewell are great matchups.

Agree. Hopefully with a lot of help, Giles and Galax will also be a good one. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

IMO, this ARGUABLY might be 2 of the 4 top teams in all of the coverage area this season. I know, Ridgeview, Galax, Union, Tazewell, Abingdon, GW, all in the mix, but not much discussion about this one, and I think many in far SWVA Lonesome Pine area aren't as familiar with Princeton this year.

Any of you all ever watch Princeton on the tablet this year? Guys, Princeton is legit. They arent getting close to a WV AAA title, but this team is actually very good. We talk about QBs in the area, especially RV, Tazewell, VA Highs QB, but the best one in the area right now is the kid from Princeton. Creasy and O'Quinn are younger of course and will be great, but if you haven't seen Princeton this year, take a look.

I believe Princeton may actually be a top 5 AAA school in WV this year, as in....hovering in that 5 spot. Bluefield is better than last year, especially on the Line of Scrimmage, but Princeton is also better than last year. This is going to be one heck of a football game and I'm thinking about watching this one instead of making the trip to Tazewell as it's much closer to Pearisburg. 

I know people will disagree with me on this, but even with Graham, RV, Bluefield, Union, Galax, Princeton Might..keyword might....be the actual beat team in the coverage area this year.

Yeah can’t speak for everyone in this area but I don’t know anything about the WV schools other than Bluefield and that’s only what I read here 

I went up to Mitchell Stadium. Macadoos at the Mercer Mall is still one of my favorites to get a bite. Princeton impressed me. QB can play college football. It wasn't just Princeton's offense which is insanely good with pass routes and a fast aggressive defense like Bluefield's was just screened to death. Bubbles, tunnels, hitches, hooks, flies....just a stupidly good well designed offense.  But, Princetons defense was dang lights out. Bluefield is 0-2 and I will keep my pick......Bluefield High will play for the WV AA State Title Game this year. They have lost to what might be the best Class 2 team in Virginia, (at least a top 5 team) and to probably the 5th, maybe 4th best AAA team in WV.

I know the history with Bluefield and Graham usually dominating Princeton and Princeton having early exits on the few times they make the playoffs and getting shi$kicked. I get it. Princetons football history is not pretty.  But for 2022, they have a heck of a football team. 

Just watched this game on You Tube. The @BandanaVTDavis4321is correct about the Princeton QB. He is the real deal. I was surprised that they let him play de to.  

Both of these teams need to clean up the penalties though.  That first qtr. was torture watching. 

Ridgeview should watch that video of Princeton's offense.  They rarely went deep. Everything was quick to the playmakers. 

Bluefield should be really good as the year goes on and they clean up their penalty issues, 

9 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I went up to Mitchell Stadium. Macadoos at the Mercer Mall is still one of my favorites to get a bite. Princeton impressed me. QB can play college football. It wasn't just Princeton's offense which is insanely good with pass routes and a fast aggressive defense like Bluefield's was just screened to death. Bubbles, tunnels, hitches, hooks, flies....just a stupidly good well designed offense.  But, Princetons defense was dang lights out. Bluefield is 0-2 and I will keep my pick......Bluefield High will play for the WV AA State Title Game this year. They have lost to what might be the best Class 2 team in Virginia, (at least a top 5 team) and to probably the 5th, maybe 4th best AAA team in WV.

I know the history with Bluefield and Graham usually dominating Princeton and Princeton having early exits on the few times they make the playoffs and getting shi$kicked. I get it. Princetons football history is not pretty.  But for 2022, they have a heck of a football team. 

I thought macados wasn't in mercer mall anymore...thought they moved it 

16 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Correct. Had a prefilled post for the Bluefield game where I only had to add the football part. It didn't move. It is closed as in pemently, unless they put it somewhere else. But...Dollys Diner is open.

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

46 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Correct. Had a prefilled post for the Bluefield game where I only had to add the football part. It didn't move. It is closed as in pemently, unless they put it somewhere else. But...Dollys Diner is open.

Correct. Macado's closed the Mercer Mall location and relocated to Bluefield, VA into the former Ryan's Steakhouse near Bluefield College.

13 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

Just watched this game on You Tube. The @BandanaVTDavis4321is correct about the Princeton QB. He is the real deal. I was surprised that they let him play de to.  

Both of these teams need to clean up the penalties though.  That first qtr. was torture watching. 

Ridgeview should watch that video of Princeton's offense.  They rarely went deep. Everything was quick to the playmakers. 

Bluefield should be really good as the year goes on and they clean up their penalty issues, 

Bluefield has issues tackling and wideouts blocking.  With remaining schedule, could very well end up 5-5 and missing playoffs. 

5 hours ago, BLU_BLU said:

Bluefield has issues tackling and wideouts blocking.  With remaining schedule, could very well end up 5-5 and missing playoffs. 

I see them going 6-4. They fall to PC next week and then lose to Indy but win the rest. We'll see though.

A fisting session occurred at Mount Mitchell Friday evening. Tigers are sometimes tricky and elusive, when necessary, but that's just before pouncing.  A Beaver offers no challenge to a Tiger and may only serve as dinner.

24 minutes ago, rabidbeaver said:

Bluefield's problem is lack of depth. They played Princeton pretty evenly until about midway through the 3rd quarter, then Princeton just wore them down which resulted in the poor tackling. 

Yeah, I've been saying this. Only have around 37 or 38 players which is unusually low numbers for Bluefield. Can't afford anyone getting injured.