Tazewell @ Colonial Heights

bulldog05-CO2017

I felt Tazewell was overhyped during the build up to the season and the early part of the season.  If you haven’t walked the walk in a while it’s best to couch the talk a bit.  Graham and Union folks were more humble and cautious collectively.  They were waiting to see if their Oline and defense were up to par before feeling overly confident.  It always comes down to those two areas.  It can’t all hinge on your QB or your WR.

Let's not all dog-pile on the Bulldogs.  No pun intended.  They are a different team without their QB and it showed.  The defense played pretty well.  They will be fine. The playbook is very limited without Creasy at the helm.  Not everybody can be the top dogs (again, no pun intended).  The line between having high hopes for your team and bragging that your team is going to be world - beaters is a very broad line.  I don't think Tazewell fans have crossed that line.  I myself said 7-3 was not out of the question and would be a good outcome for them and very possible.  That was considering that everybody stays healthy.  I think 6-4 or 5-5 now is more likely, but hopefully they will pull an upset or two now.  I did think this was one they could win and they most likely would have, in my humble opinion. 

The season is not over and I have confidence in my team.  I will support them and believe they can accomplish their goals, no matter what.

10 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Even a mediocre 3A team from the Richmond area is still pretty decent by this area's standards. 

I listened to the game. In my opinion, Tazewell’s defense did a pretty decent job. Without Creasy, the offense struggled badly. I think a 100% healthy Creasy would have changed the outcome. Hope he heals up soon. 

So what happened? I remember a poster or 2 said they seen film and that CH looked terrible and Tazewell would have no problem even without their QB. Was the film deceiving? Did they just have no fight without their QB? Or is tazewell not as good as some thought? Not being a prick, genuine question.

6 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

So what happened? I remember a poster or 2 said they seen film and that CH looked terrible and Tazewell would have no problem even without their QB. Was the film deceiving? Did they just have no fight without their QB? Or is tazewell not as good as some thought? Not being a prick, genuine question.

Defense did a good job overall.  Only let a couple of plays break and that was the scores.  Dogs could not move the ball on the ground.  CH knew what they were going to do and keyed on it by stacking the box.  Passing game was minimal and a few early tackles/non call PI plays took away what little passing game there was.  One point had the ball on their 20 after a turnover but couldn't muster any offense on it.

Was playing an early game a factor? maybe  No Creasy, huge factor.  Some big boys on their defense stuffing the line, big factor.  Few non calls on PI, limiting factor.  Turnover early on to give CH good field position for the first score, almost detrimental it seemed.

I think CH was underestimated by most people due to their history & first game tape. Their first game tape didn’t look great but that was a game from 9/2 when the other team had already played a game. You could tell they were learning how to play together. 

Their staff said they’re very excited about this team and think it’s one of the most talented teams they’ve ever had. They also said their new coach has got them to buy in and actually watch film/prepare.

CH had 3-4 guys that would start at a position on any team in this area. One of their coaches told us that VT liked their QB’s tape and see him as an athlete. Their RB/LB would be an absolute stud in the right offense. Another kid that is 6’1” 220lbs that plays WR/RB/QB that was one of their best athletes. 

Tazewell’s defense had 4- 5 new guys playing Saturday due to others being out but I think they played really well. They held CH to around 200 yards of offense and 2 scores until the last two mins when they allowed a longer touchdown to try to get the ball back. They forced four separate 3 & outs and partially blocked two different punts. 

CH just had a really good defensive game plan from the 1st play. They knew Tazewell would be one dimensional without Creasy and didn’t allow Cassius to get outside. 

There was 2 really bad no-calls on pass interference that would’ve helped Tazewell continue drives. CH’s staff agrees with me on those too, so that’s not being a homer. However, the officials also helped Tazewell on a couple calls. Once they gave Tazewell a first down when they really only picked up 8 yards. So I don’t think you can blame officials for any results.  

There was 7 referees on the field Saturday. That was pretty crazy to see. 

19 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Sounds to me like you are being a prick.