Graham vs Richlands

Iceman2553

26 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Agree! It makes everyone better when everyone is competitive. Hopefully, they turn the corner just not completely cross the street on Friday, lol. 

Exactly.  I just don't see how Richlands can match the team speed of Graham.  There best option is to try to control possession and keep the ball away from Graham and that will be a daunting task against that defense.

I want the Gmen to go 10-0 and win the region and for Radford to go 10-0 and win C so Radford can't get some payback for the heartaches Graham has caused us over the years. With Galax, Glenvar, Christiansburg left, I don't think we go 10-0, but we got a chance at the region.  Graham over Richlands big in this one.

4 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

I want the Gmen to go 10-0 and win the region and for Radford to go 10-0 and win C so Radford can't get some payback for the heartaches Graham has caused us over the years. With Galax, Glenvar, Christiansburg left, I don't think we go 10-0, but we got a chance at the region.  Graham over Richlands big in this one.

Interested to see Radford - Christiansburg this year. Radford is a solid team. Still got to deal with Appo in Region C.

That would be an interesting match up. 

I wouldn’t mind playing Radford again. Graham has several teams to get past before thinking about Region C/Region D matchup; some of them will not be a cakewalk. Radford has some formidable opponents as well that will fight for that Region C title. I definitely would love to see Graham go 10-0 but I’m not counting my wins before they happen. One week at a time! No one can afford to get caught looking ahead including Graham. 

42 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I don't think the outcome of this game is in doubt by anyone, but I am anxious to see how the stats turn out. Curious how many yards/points the Blues get on Graham's D.

Might be the closest thing to a measuring stick we have before next week in BSG.

What were the stats of the Richlands/Union game?

20 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

What were the stats of the Richlands/Union game?

From the BHC...

First Downs: U 18, R 4; Rushes-Yards: U 34-413, R 19-38; Passing Yards: U 11, R 49; Comp-Att-Int.: U 1-7-0, R 3-10-1; Fumbles-Lost: U 0-0, R 3-2; Penalties-Yards: U 1-5, R 7-56; Punts-Average: U 0-0, R 4-36.5

13 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

From the BHC...

First Downs: U 18, R 4; Rushes-Yards: U 34-413, R 19-38; Passing Yards: U 11, R 49; Comp-Att-Int.: U 1-7-0, R 3-10-1; Fumbles-Lost: U 0-0, R 3-2; Penalties-Yards: U 1-5, R 7-56; Punts-Average: U 0-0, R 4-36.5

Over 12 yards per carry and only 1 penalty! Wow!

Not intending to hijack the post, and not necessarily predicting the same result, but based on my observation this future matchup reminds me of the 2006 Rose Bowl. Union reminds me of Texas offensively with the QB having a Vince Young type quality with his running ability. Graham reminds me of USC with talent at several positions. Both teams are talented all over and will take a team effort, so not meaning to slight either. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Giles is +9.5 at home against George Wythe according to that website.  That surprises me a bit.  9.5 dog at home is a lot of points to a team in which most probably would agree are fairly close.

Spartans -9?  I'm taking Giles at home.