Twin Valley taps out

VHSLhelper

2 hours ago, TValleyDad said:

My sons a Panther. Our season got cancel cause of a fight with players and more players quit after fight.  We had low nummbers cause of flooding and this fight between players and the ones that quit lowered us to when we aint got enough to play.  We started with 22 from after the flood, but the fight is what did it and caused stopping the season

I’m so sorry for the ones that wanted to play & sorry this happened. It’s just a shame. 

4 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Why?

They can head anywhere they want... but they can't play there.

The way I understand it is any TV player can go to Grundy or Hurley AD and just request a waiver, fill it out and you're eligible to play on one of those teams. Not sure if you have to actually transfer to one of the schools or not.

If they moved into a new school district (change of address) They should have no problem about being eligible.

8 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Why?

They can head anywhere they want... but they can't play there.

Used to be a clause in the handbook that allowed a student in the same county to participate for another school if there school didn't offer that particular activity/ sport.  Don't recall the exact wording,  but more or less, I think they would be eligible w/wo superintendent or anyone else signing a waiver, and they meet requirements gpa- wise. 

On 9/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Yeah, pretty sure when Council quit fielding a team back in the '90's, the players from Council who wanted to play, played for Whitewood I think.

Close.

The kids didn't get waivers.
Council flat out dropped football, then the "Rocky Gap Rule" was used to create the Council/Whitewood Indians.  That lasted two seasons ('96 & '97).

Rule 8-1-2 basically says ... 
Two schools in the same school division with a combined enrollment (ADM) of 300 or less in grades 9-12 may combine their programs for competitive purposes.
Subject to SB, district, region, group board and Executive Committee approval.

3 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

And, no, I have NO IDEA why Lloyd left the Council/Whitewood thing out of the book.

The past couple of weeks I have really realized how much I miss Llyod's insight on the SWVA sports scene. He was always pretty spot on. 

On 9/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Yeah, pretty sure when Council quit fielding a team back in the '90's, the players from Council who wanted to play, played for Whitewood I think.

yes some council players did go to whitewood and play football after they shut the program down

10 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

The past couple of weeks I have really realized how much I miss Llyod's insight on the SWVA sports scene. He was always pretty spot on. 

He was the man.