Fan Conduct

Observer

3 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Maybe the G-Men were expressing their frustration with having to hear a train whistle blown through their snap count.  🤷🏻‍♂️  Too, soon??  😂 

2015 Union didn’t have any train horn. 

2 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

Not sure what they donated or not but heard many complaints from the BSG folks about the 2 never giving back to the community after many helped them along the way but I’m from Appy so don’t know the full story 

Yeah I am not sure of them donating anything. They might have. 

4 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Maybe the G-Men were expressing their frustration with having to hear a train whistle blown through their snap count.  🤷🏻‍♂️  Too, soon??  😂 

Dam#. Joking right? During the snap? Never heard of that one but oh well, imagine a visiting QB in a night game on the road against Bama.  Now that is loud! We are proud of the horn at Giles and the operator uses it perfectly well, but I've never actually heard the horn during the snap count. 

Operating a train horn has nothing on celebratory gunfire, yes...literally gunshots in the air in the endzone from pistols at Peterstown High in the 1980s when they scored. If someone was caught even carrying a pistol to a High School Football game in 2022, the ATF would be called in. 

9 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

celebratory gunfire, yes...literally gunshots in the air in the endzone from pistols at Peterstown High in the 1980s when they scored. If someone was caught even carrying a pistol to a High School Football game in 2022, the ATF would be called in. 

A bunch of people shooting guns back and forth at one another is the reason I will NEVER go back to Gretna!!! I don't care if it was an isolated incident. One such experience is all I need to know I don't ever want to go back.

38 minutes ago, sixcat said:

A bunch of people shooting guns back and forth at one another is the reason I will NEVER go back to Gretna!!! I don't care if it was an isolated incident. One such experience is all I need to know I don't ever want to go back.

Agree with you...one game at Gretna was enough for me....never again 

The first time I went to BSG to watch Graham, there were Union fans, students I presumed, sitting on the visitor side when we arrived. They yelled and talked crap to fans and players, specifically using the N word regularly in a derogatory way towards Graham fans, players, and coaches. That made me think Union did not have any Black players. I was wrong with that assumption.  I was appalled at those young people. I wanted to shut them up myself, but being a grown man I of course could not.

That was my worst experience as a fan.

1 hour ago, T8KNDookeez said:

The first time I went to BSG to watch Graham, there were Union fans, students I presumed, sitting on the visitor side when we arrived. They yelled and talked crap to fans and players, specifically using the N word regularly in a derogatory way towards Graham fans, players, and coaches. That made me think Union did not have any Black players. I was wrong with that assumption.  I was appalled at those young people. I wanted to shut them up myself, but being a grown man I of course could not.

I would have said something. Be direct. Tell them their actions are not ok. And after that make your point. 

I have jumped onto other fanbases for making fun of a certain Union fan who tends to be very vocal, but he’s also got an Intellectual Disability. It was during the PV days. He was doing the John Cena “You can’t see me!” and people were egging him on. I made my point and that was that. 

1 hour ago, BearsFan88 said:

I would have said something. Be direct. Tell them their actions are not ok. And after that make your point. 

I have jumped onto other fanbases for making fun of a certain Union fan who tends to be very vocal, but he’s also got an Intellectual Disability. It was during the PV days. He was doing the John Cena “You can’t see me!” and people were egging him on. I made my point and that was that. 

I did tell them that those were terrible things to say and extremely disrespectful. They continued for a bit and then moved out of the visitor bleachers. I wanted to really lash out and make a scene because that behavior infuriates me. It seemed as though they were looking for a fight and I was smart enough not to give it to them. As I would have been arrested.

NOW, that was one time, and one experience. That is not to say the fanbase is such or anything like that. It was hopefully an isolated event in the past.

If you guys want to see some incredibly racist and abhorrent behavior, go to almost any Galax soccer road game. There is a reason they have won the VHSL Sportsmanship award something like 8 times in 10 years!!!

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Dam#. Joking right? During the snap? Never heard of that one but oh well, imagine a visiting QB in a night game on the road against Bama.  Now that is loud! We are proud of the horn at Giles and the operator uses it perfectly well, but I've never actually heard the horn during the snap count. 

You’re obviously never had the pleasure of watching a game in person at Bullit Park recently. 😂 

Graham fans will be glad to know that the blower of the horn decided last season that the team didn't deserve to have a horn and has quit bringing it, don't think he attends games either. Something about passing around a petition to get Turner and staff fired for doing such a terrible job

3 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Graham fans will be glad to know that the blower of the horn decided last season that the team didn't deserve to have a horn and has quit bringing it, don't thi k he attends games either. Something about passi g around a petition to get Turner and staff fired for doing such a terrible job

If so, I honestly won’t miss the incessant blowing of the horn. Turner fired? Turner is a good coach and consistently produces good teams and wins games. Why else does everyone dread playing Union? If a coach is doing something detrimental to the program or some egregious act as coach, okay maybe a petition but a petition to get Turner fired seems a bit extreme to me but I’m also an outsider looking in . 

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

If so, I honestly won’t miss the incessant blowing of the horn. Turner fired? Turner is a good coach and consistently produces good teams and wins games. Why else does everyone dread playing Union? If a coach is doing something detrimental to the program or some egregious act as coach, okay maybe a petition but a petition to get Turner fired seems a bit extreme to me but I’m also an outsider looking in . 

Some fans think we’re supposed to win state every year but really we’ve only had 1 legit title team imo but the Appo train derailed that dream 

57 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Yes. The 2015 team was more than capable. Of course 17 was the best chance so far tho. 

Yeah 2015 team was good but never thought they’d win it all but yes a very good team 

12 hours ago, sixcat said:

I've never been to Gretna, but I was on their side for a playoff game on the road against Christiansburg during the Vic Hall days. I 100% believe every word you said lol

Side note: that game is easily in my top 3 best high school games I've ever attended. 

1 hour ago, gwloyal said:

I've never been to Gretna, but I was on their side for a playoff game on the road against Christiansburg during the Vic Hall days. I 100% believe every word you said lol

Side note: that game is easily in my top 3 best high school games I've ever attended. 

A few of us drove down from Roanoke when I lived there to see Vic Hall. It was the opening round of the playoffs during Hall's junior season I believe. I'm pretty sure it was November 2003 and Gretna played Prince Edward. The media was asking the question, "could Vic Hall dominate the NOVA and Tidewater teams like he did Rustburg, Tunstall, Appomattox and William Campbell?" The simple answer was "yes, yes he could!"

At least until someone was murdered at the football stadium during the game. You can still find media reports on Google. 

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

A few of us drove down from Roanoke when I lived there to see Vic Hall. It was the opening round of the playoffs during Hall's junior season I believe. I'm pretty sure it was November 2003 and Gretna played Prince Edward. The media was asking the question, "could Vic Hall dominate the NOVA and Tidewater teams like he did Rustburg, Tunstall, Appomattox and William Campbell?" The simple answer was "yes, yes he could!"

At least until someone was murdered at the football stadium during the game. You can still find media reports on Google. 

That is one way to get aggressive during a football game...

14 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

Some fans think we’re supposed to win state every year but really we’ve only had 1 legit title team imo but the Appo train derailed that dream 

You've had two in my opinion. The first was the year you mentioned and the second is 2022. Perfect conditions for 2022. U has a mobile QB, and the rest of Class 2 does not have once every 5 year talented type teams like with Appo of 16 through 18, or Graham of 2018 or Graham and KW of 2021. There are solid teams like Graham, RV, Appo, Radford, and Draft, Central Woodstock, King William and Poquoson are very good this year, but not just so ahead of the field that there's little to no chance. Union is definitely in the mix.

21 hours ago, T8KNDookeez said:

I'll be honest: I don't believe you. Why has this never been said before?

21 hours ago, T8KNDookeez said:

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I'll be honest: I don't believe you. Why has this never been said before?

Sounds like some Central kids came down in disguise. That would fit their MO. haha