Galax vs Graham

Gridiron60

32 minutes ago, TRidge said:

Radford has more speed at skill positions and equal on LOS. We wilk see truth in early December. 

Radford is 1 out of the last 9 games against Graham.  They are Not equal to Graham on the LOS.  We disagree, and if anything, the athletic gap is closer to equal than the gap on the LOS is in favor of Graham because I think it's pretty wide.  I heard that hype in 2018 after they beat Appomattox and they got faceplanted on their homefield by a bully who came to town with a nasty sense of humor.  Radford has a fantastic football team and there's no doubt it, but until that bunch actually beats Graham, which hasn't happened in over 30 years, I'm not picking em.

49 minutes ago, TRidge said:

Radford has more speed at skill positions and equal on LOS. We wilk see truth in early December. 

Graham has pretty good speed at the skill positions.  The lineplay is their strength and games are won at the line of scrimmage.   But this about Graham vs Galax. So I have to go with Graham 35-14

22 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Radford is 1 out of the last 9 games against Graham.  They are Not equal to Graham on the LOS.  We disagree, and if anything, the athletic gap is closer to equal than the gap on the LOS is in favor of Graham because I think it's pretty wide.  I heard that hype in 2018 after they beat Appomattox and they got faceplanted on their homefield by a bully who came to town with a nasty sense of humor.  Radford has a fantastic football team and there's no doubt it, but until that bunch actually beats Graham, which hasn't happened in over 30 years, I'm not picking em.

They actually played that game in Salem because of poor field conditions at Radford, but yeah, I was there and it was ugly.  I'm the guy who when the Radford coaches were yelling at their players in pre-game to "look at them (Graham)...Don't they look pretty??  I'm the guy who yelled back, "They are pretty!!"  Then Graham proceeded to dismantle them.

18 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

They actually played that game in Salem because of poor field conditions at Radford, but yeah, I was there and it was ugly.  I'm the guy who when the Radford coaches were yelling at their players in pre-game to "look at them (Graham)...Don't they look pretty??  I'm the guy who yelled back, "They are pretty!!"  Then Graham proceeded to dismantle them.

It was pretty dang ugly. I think Radford thought they were walking all over Graham in those warm ups. They were very confident. PJ was basically a no factor. I think that was their star’s name. 

11 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

It was pretty dang ugly. I think Radford thought they were walking all over Graham in those warm ups. They were very confident. PJ was basically a no factor. I think that was their star’s name. 

PJ Prioleau, who is now on Virginia Tech's roster and the son of former NFL and Hokie great Pierson Prioleau.  There's another Prioleau for Radford this year named Parker Prioleau is who very good also and athletic.  

As for Graham and Galax, I'm going Graham 24, Galax 7.

7 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

PJ Prioleau, who is now on Virginia Tech's roster and the son of former NFL and Hokie great Pierson Prioleau.  There's another Prioleau for Radford this year named Parker Prioleau is who very good also and athletic.  

As for Graham and Galax, I'm going Graham 24, Galax 7.

What position does he play?

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

What position does he play?

Parker lines up some at RB, WR, and he's a DB. I agree with yall on Raddy beating Graham. If we meet again, and lots of ball left, a big if but until we beat the Gmen, it would be tough to pick us. Our team this year is pretty solid though. We would have a decent shot this year.

2 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Parker lines up some at RB, WR, and he's a DB. I agree with yall on Raddy beating Graham. If we meet again, and lots of ball left, a big if but until we beat the Gmen, it would be tough to pick us. Our team this year is pretty solid though. We would have a decent shot this year.

Graham's defense is pretty good.  They have some weapons on offense and it is coming along.  Last year, the defense improved as the season went on, this year, I guess it's the offenses turn.  If Galax can throw the ball and protect the qb long enough to get some throws off, they may pose a challenge.   I don't think they will be able to run much on Graham.

1 hour ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Radford's talent level is really impressive, Graham has a had a lot of talent in the past and I'm sure they have talent this year. Thanks for the update.

If Graham or RV were to run table or Union runs table with only 1 loss on season, keep your eyes on Raddy vs CBurg this upcoming weekend. That game could be the decisive game if we win region that will decide if we host or travel in the semi's IF we win Region.  1 loss Union Reg D winner and 1 loss Raddy will be close in points. An undefeated Graham or RV Region D outpoints 1 loss Radford. Huge game this weekend for us.

57 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham’s strength is its defense. Offense is getting better adjusted. Special teams (kickoff team) is a weakness. Whoever coaches that aspect of the game needs to do some major work with those boys. Compared to defense, it’s way behind the mark. 

Not sure about the previous games, but don't judge Graham's kickoffs by the Union game. #4 is really good. He's just a freshman, but he'll make any special teams look bad.

39 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Not sure about the previous games, but don't judge Graham's kickoffs by the Union game. #4 is really good. He's just a freshman, but he'll make any special teams look bad.

Special teams has been their weakness in my opinion the past couple years at least. Union did well against them. I agree #4 is really good.

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham’s strength is its defense. Offense is getting better adjusted. Special teams (kickoff team) is a weakness. Whoever coaches that aspect of the game needs to do some major work with those boys. Compared to defense, it’s way behind the mark. 

I agree with this.  Graham's special teams have given up way too much field position this year, they need to work on that phase of the game for sure.

6 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

If Graham or RV were to run table or Union runs table with only 1 loss on season, keep your eyes on Raddy vs CBurg this upcoming weekend. That game could be the decisive game if we win region that will decide if we host or travel in the semi's IF we win Region.  1 loss Union Reg D winner and 1 loss Raddy will be close in points. An undefeated Graham or RV Region D outpoints 1 loss Radford. Huge game this weekend for us.

I was wondering about power points today too.  In particular, if RV and Graham win out (a lot to be determined between now and then of course, I was wondering who had the best chance of hosting in Region D in that scenario.  Graham still has two 4A teams left on the schedule in Pulaski County and Blacksburg, but they also have two 1A teams in Galax and George Wythe.  

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Graham does NOT have the skill positions Radford bas, get real. 

No offense, but nobody in region D has matched up as well as with the teams coming out Region C in recent years in terms of talent at the skill positions as Graham has.  You can't really tell much about Graham's skill positions, especially on the defensive end from the Graham vs. Union game, because Union doesn't have a pass game.  I believe both Graham and Union have superior lineplay to Radford and both could give them a good game for that reason.  We are talking about a hypothetical matchup anyway.  But, IF those two meet, I would expect a very good and interesting game.  I would suspect it would be difficult for Radford to have the time to utilize their skill players as much as they would like, but I would also expect them to be able to bust a big play or 2 or maybe 3.  I would also expect Graham to control the line of scrimmage and move the ball down the field well also.  But that is my opinion and I have been known to be wrong a lot on here.  Whatever happens, whether it be Graham, Union or Ridgeview or anybody else coming out of Region D, I will surely be pulling for that team to represent the region well.

Also, Graham plays Galax this week, I'm sure that is their concern this week.  The G-men have good coaching and I think their style of play will keep them in any game this year with any opponent they may face in 2A.  A good defense and an offense that can effectively run and pass will keep you in any game that you play.

33 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I was wondering about power points today too.  In particular, if RV and Graham win out (a lot to be determined between now and then of course, I was wondering who had the best chance of hosting in Region D in that scenario.  Graham still has two 4A teams left on the schedule in Pulaski County and Blacksburg, but they also have two 1A teams in Galax and George Wythe.  

Graham will get 2A points for playing Galax and George Wythe.  Graham would almost certainly host.