Galax vs Graham

Gridiron60

28 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

I think Graham should only let about 175 Galax fans have seats. See how they like it! #standingroomonly

Yeah because it's Galax fans fault for the bleachers on the visitor's side and I think there is  more than 175 seats there anyways, believe it or not most schools fans don't even fill them up.

17 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Yeah because it's Galax fans fault for the bleachers on the visitor's side and I think there is  more than 175 seats there anyways, believe it or not most schools fans don't even fill them up.

R-E-L-A-X

Breath in, hold.......release.

It's a joke. I'm sure its not the Galax fans fault. As I am sure no one would seriously let only 175 people sit on the Galax side at The Mitch.

Hyperbole- to exaggerate for effect (used by a lot of comedians)

On 9/19/2022 at 6:43 PM, Mountain Football said:

What were the stats on the Galax/Radford game?

Radford 
First Downs           9
Rushes/Yards    18-73
C-Y-I                  7-11-0
Passing yards      216
Fumbles-Lost       1-1
Penalties-Yards   3-25

Galax 
First Downs           18
Rushes/Yards    61-257
C-Y-I                   3-5-2
Passing yards       10
Fumbles-Lost       3-3
Penalties-Yards   5-25

Galax moved the football well but fumbled 3 times and threw 2 interceptions. Galax also muffed a punt in the 1st quarter and lost the ball on downs twice. 

18 hours ago, T8KNDookeez said:

R-E-L-A-X

Breath in, hold.......release.

It's a joke. I'm sure its not the Galax fans fault. As I am sure no one would seriously let only 175 people sit on the Galax side at The Mitch.

Hyperbole- to exaggerate for effect (used by a lot of comedians)

We constantly hear other schools complain about the visitor's bleachers so it's hard to tell if it's a joke or not....I wish they would put more in 

9 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Does anyone know when VHSL starts posting power points? 

I think after the 5th week, but not certain. I have mine, but I won't know if they're accurate until I see how the VHSL is handling the cancelled games and all of the private school games.. This should be fairly accurate for 2D though.

01.) Ridgeview 3-0 64 21.33333
02.) Graham 4-0 84 21
03.) Union 3-1 74 18.5
04.) Va High 3-1 72 18
05.) Lee 2-1 49 16.33333
06.) Tazewell 2-2 64 16
07.) Gate City 2-2 61 15.25
08.) Central-Wise 2-2 56 14
09.) Richlands 1-3 51 12.75
10.) John Battle 1-3 49 12.25
11.) Marion 1-3 41 10.25

35 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

We constantly hear other schools complain about the visitor's bleachers so it's hard to tell if it's a joke or not....I wish they would put more in 

Yes, it was a complaint. I remember last year the band got up and stood the whole game so more parents, etc. could sit.  The complaint came with a tongue-in-cheek joke attached. I do think it is unfortunate to have such a nice facility with minimal visitor seating. 

3 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Yes, it was a complaint. I remember last year the band got up and stood the whole game so more parents, etc. could sit.  The complaint came with a tongue-in-cheek joke attached. I do think it is unfortunate to have such a nice facility with minimal visitor seating. 

I agree we need more visitor seating but I figure as long as the VHSL says we have adequate seating to host playoff games nothing will be done.

16 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I think after the 5th week, but not certain. I have mine, but I won't know if they're accurate until I see how the VHSL is handling the cancelled games and all of the private school games.. This should be fairly accurate for 2D though.

01.) Ridgeview 3-0 64 21.33333
02.) Graham 4-0 84 21
03.) Union 3-1 74 18.5
04.) Va High 3-1 72 18
05.) Lee 2-1 49 16.33333
06.) Tazewell 2-2 64 16
07.) Gate City 2-2 61 15.25
08.) Central-Wise 2-2 56 14
09.) Richlands 1-3 51 12.75
10.) John Battle 1-3 49 12.25
11.) Marion 1-3 41 10.25

Thanks, I know it is fluent based upon bonus points. 

6 hours ago, sixcat said:

Radford 
First Downs           9
Rushes/Yards    18-73
C-Y-I                  7-11-0
Passing yards      216
Fumbles-Lost       1-1
Penalties-Yards   3-25

Galax 
First Downs           18
Rushes/Yards    61-257
C-Y-I                   3-5-2
Passing yards       10
Fumbles-Lost       3-3
Penalties-Yards   5-25

Galax moved the football well but fumbled 3 times and threw 2 interceptions. Galax also muffed a punt in the 1st quarter and lost the ball on downs twice. 

Hmm, according to one George Wythe poster, Galax only had 180 total yards.  I knew better.  Galax had nearly 250 on the ground against Radford.  Final score was 28-7.  Radford with one turnover.  Galax had 5 turnovers.  No, I am not saying Galax wins if they only have 1 turnover or don't turn it over at all, but i am saying it's closer than 28-7.  If you rush for 250 yards in High School and you turn the ball over 1 time or less, you usually win the game or you are in a nailbiter.  

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Hmm, according to one George Wythe poster, Galax only had 180 total yards.  I knew better.  Galax had nearly 250 on the ground against Radford.  Final score was 28-7.  Radford with one turnover.  Galax had 5 turnovers.  No, I am not saying Galax wins if they only have 1 turnover or don't turn it over at all, but i am saying it's closer than 28-7.  If you rush for 250 yards in High School and you turn the ball over 1 time or less, you usually win the game or you are in a nailbiter.  

I think the GW poster was saying that GW held Radford to 180 yard, not Radford holding Galax.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:50 PM, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

No, they have more skilled players. Graham is the real deal! 

I'm living in an alternate universe. You guys honestly believe that Baylor, Prioleau, and the QB are inferior to Meadows and the Graham WRs? That's absolutely silly and wrong. Graham is better on the LOS, Radford has more talent at the skill positions. 

You guys beat Union by nine points when Union literally had no kicker, made it inside the red zone like five teams, and now you're world beaters LOLOLOL. One doofus even believes Graham wins 8/10  LOL. 

1 minute ago, foosballer said:

All though this will be the best team Graham will play to date, the G-Men win big 21 - 0

Not arguing with your opinion but why do you think galax is better than union after saying they win by 21.  I don't know anything about galax so just curious 

10 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Not arguing with your opinion but why do you think galax is better than union after saying they win by 21.  I don't know anything about galax so just curious 

Graham didn't play their best game against Union....Union had not played a tough opponent till Graham. They scored 8 points on a lucky play. And yah the may have gotten to the red zone 5 to 10 times but they didn't score and that's what counts.

Galax has played a tough schedule with quality wins...however the G-Men will right the wrongs and come out to make a statement. 

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Game was not closer than 28-7, turnovers are part of the game and by your logic i believe GW had 4 turnovers and was still only down by 7 late in the fourth against Radford so one less turnover they win.  if galax doesn't get a passing game they will have a short playoff run this year. this week graham will show them how one dimensional they are. 42-7 is my take. 

1 minute ago, Dobb83 said:

Game was not closer than 28-7, turnovers are part of the game and by your logic i believe GW had 4 turnovers and was still only down by 7 late in the fourth against Radford so one less turnover they win.  if galax doesn't get a passing game they will have a short playoff run this year. this week graham will show them how one dimensional they are. 42-7 is my take. 

GW was lucky to play Radford first game of the year.... Radford played sloppy and had to many mistakes of their own doing.

1 minute ago, foosballer said:

Graham didn't play their best game against Union....Union had not played a tough opponent till Graham. They scored 8 points on a lucky play. And yah the may have gotten to the red zone 5 to 10 times but they didn't score and that's what counts.

Galax has played a tough schedule with quality wins...however the G-Men will right the wrongs and come out to make a statement. 

Both teams had one long TD run, why was Union lucky but Graham not?

and You think Union played their best game? They absolutely did not. They don't even have a kicker right now. The two teams are very evenly matched and neither team is considerably better. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

Both teams had one long TD run, why was Union lucky but Graham not?

and You think Union played their best game? They absolutely did not. They don't even have a kicker right now. The two teams are very evenly matched and neither team is considerably better. 

But in topic, Graham is very good at bending but not breaking, but they aren't a dynamic offense. Theyll.likely control the game, give up around 170 rush yards, and win by 10-14. Game never in doubt but Galax should be able to move the ball. 

5 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

GW was lucky to play Radford first game of the year.... Radford played sloppy and had to many mistakes of their own doing.

Not sure about that. we sacked their qb 12 times i believe and they had 1 turnover. Usually first game favors the offense not defense. where is the sloppy play by radford?