Galax vs Graham

Gridiron60

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

I could be mistaken but I think Galax runs a bit of a different offense than other teams that Graham plays. Someone with more knowledge might can speak to that. But their O Line definitely bent ours but not enough to cost us scores. I still think they’re the best O Line we’ve faced and they have a workhorse. Reminds me of Zach Blevins, has several hanging on and drags them to get two or three more yards. I know that kid had to be getting tired. 

Yes, very impressive kid. Ran hard all night. I'm not a coach , but Galax zone blocking scheme is effective. The problem comes when the offensive isn't diversified enough to run wide or pass. They are who they are and they more importantly, they know who they are and very good at it. 

Graham has been stout in the red zone thus far. I think we will get better overall, but they basically pitched a shutout last night. 

12 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

the image size was to big , so here is the link to the stats for the game 

https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/boys/game/15701932

Tucker kid is a workhorse!!!! He just grinds it out every time he’s handed the ball. Tough, tough player! I would imagine he’s helped Galax a lot getting 1st down yardage this season. He goes & then goes a couple more. 

5 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I think GW surprises a few people with how well they match up with the GMen. Graham is the better team, but it wouldn't take too many mistakes for GW to come out on top.

I agree with this statement. GW could walk away with the win if Graham is penalty ridden or makes careless mistakes. GW is tough! GMen better be on their A game. 

I just watched Galax vs Graham on NFHS and Union vs Gate City. The Graham QB had some dang on dimes dropped with a couple of those deep balls. Great throws. As for the Maroon Tide, how about that stud they have toting the rock? Kid is a beast and absolute workhouse. We couldn't tackle him in the second half here in Pearisburg. I don't know if he was in good shape back then or if Galax is also confident in its other RB who is also tough, but the big youngin would bust us up for 15 yds, then he would go out for a play or two, then they bring him back in on 3rd and 5, and he would bust another one for 10 or 15.

8 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I agree with this statement. GW could walk away with the win if Graham is penalty ridden or makes careless mistakes. GW is tough! GMen better be on their A game. 

Graham has a bit of the injury bug this week too.  I could see it getting a little interesting.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:24 AM, sixcat said:

Very similar reliability as Maxpreps. 

I use Digital Scout for stats and had the first head scratching error for me this week which makes me want to dive in deeper.  Not sure why it didnt record an interception in the totals.

2 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

I use Digital Scout for stats and had the first head scratching error for me this week which makes me want to dive in deeper.  Not sure why it didnt record an interception in the totals.

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is? A lot of people have complained about very similar issues. Cells being filled in sometimes change total or transpose into another cell or just don't show up at all.

15 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham has a bit of the injury bug this week too.  I could see it getting a little interesting.

Those that are playing will have to step up and give 110%! Not only physically in the game but mental toughness too! If not, GW may be able to exploit the absence of key players & take home the win. Hoping no more injuries for either team. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Those that are playing will have to step up and give 110%! Not only physically in the game but mental toughness too! If not, GW may be able to exploit the absence of key players & take home the win. Hoping no more injuries for either team. 

Amen to no more injuries!!!