Union @ Ridgeview

TaterHater

Oddly enough, my wife ran into a GC player's mom in Kingsport yesterday. They started talking about the Union/GC game. She said her son told her that they knew Union wouldn't throw the ball, so their game plan was to load the box and stop the run. Just as many have predicted would happen.

9 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Lose to RV, Central and Abingdon and I’m not sure you make the playoffs. 

As long as they beat Lee and John Battle they will be fine. Just to get the chance to travel up to bluefield for a rematch

After reading thru the posts, this is my take. It seems most, over half, think this will be a close game. Those willing to actually pick a winner seem to be on the RV side. Some of the Union faithful aren't so faithful anymore.

I expect Union to come out with a bunch of new wrinkles. I expect the Pack to come out fired up and confident. And I expect this to be every bit as good of a game as the Graham vs Union game was. It has heavyweight match written all over it. Almost like an Ali vs Frazier of the M7 fight.

I think Union pulls the upset on the Ridge.....extra points will decide the fate of the game.  

10 minutes ago, foosballer said:

After reading thru the posts, this is my take. It seems most, over half, think this will be a close game. Those willing to actually pick a winner seem to be on the RV side. Some of the Union faithful aren't so faithful anymore.

I expect Union to come out with a bunch of new wrinkles. I expect the Pack to come out fired up and confident. And I expect this to be every bit as good of a game as the Graham vs Union game was. It has heavyweight match written all over it. Almost like an Ali vs Frazier of the M7 fight.

I think Union pulls the upset on the Ridge.....extra points will decide the fate of the game.  

Just because Union fans aren't picking them to win doesn't mean they aren't faithful fans.  

3 minutes ago, Observer said:

Just because Union fans aren't picking them to win doesn't mean they aren't faithful fans.  

Exactly. I'll be there cheering on the Bears, but I also know that Union has a tough task ahead of them. I don't expect any kind of 40-0 score. It will be a competitive and entertaining game. Ridgeview has the edge, but just like in most HS games, the team that wants it more will win.

I'm more of a pessimist anyway, so I could see a 35-7 type game, if Union falls behind 14-0 early the wheels could fall off. I don't believe RV is four TDs better but game circumstance could dictate the score more so than the talent on the field. 

13 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Side note.. I forgot how amazing the RV campus is. Reminds me of small Texas programs. 

Small Texas programs in the Hill Country of Texas to the North/North West of San Antonio in places like Lampassas, Luckenbach, New Braunfels, etc with the small mountains/green backdrops. 

58 minutes ago, Observer said:

No doubt man. Being objective has its place and some fans think that all objectivity has to be thrown out in order for you to be a "real fan." For example, Union is playing the KC Chiefs in 3 weeks (hypothetical) and if you pick the Chiefs to win (common sense and objective) then to hel# with you. You must not be a "real fan."

28 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

This is about the only away game that I look forward to going to just for that reason. Great facilities and beautiful mountain views!

I've never been to RV field. Just watching a little bit on NFHS, is the sun ad bad as it looks on the home side? It may just be that camera on nfhs but it seems like it is cutting the retina out of yours eyes for the part of the game. That stadium does look really nice though.

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

I've never been to RV field. Just watching a little bit on NFHS, is the sun ad bad as it looks on the home side? It may just be that camera on nfhs but it seems like it is cutting the retina out of yours eyes for the part of the game. That stadium does look really nice though.

Yes, it is horrible.  That and being so far away from the field are my two biggest complaints about the stadium.

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

I'm sure the glare on the camera makes it look worse, but the setting sun is about eyeball height with the home side. I'm glad I'll be on the opposite stands. haha

41 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

It's one of the nicer fields to watch a game in SWVA. Very beautiful setting. Only compliant I've ever had is the damn cell reception. Can't get any up there. 

That's bad news bro.  That means I can't watch 2 games on NFHS at the same time while watching live.  One on my regular cell phone and one on my "burner" phone.

1 hour ago, Observer said:

Yes, it is horrible.  That and being so far away from the field are my two biggest complaints about the stadium.

Yeah these newer stadiums like to keep everyone far from the field takes away alot of the atmosphere imo.  But don’t think it’s further than Central l