Union @ Ridgeview

TaterHater

Both teams have a lot on the line. Ridgeview need to solidify their status and Union needs to stand up to the pressure of being a region D contender with their losses. Most certainly if Ridgeview plays a complete game they will handle Union. Ridgeview can literally move the ball solidly on the ground and air. True they have an amazing air game, but their ground game is really good. Defense is really good with a couple lagging areas that seem to have tightened up. Union is never gonna be not prepared for Ridgeview. They want this and can win it if they catch Ridgeview slacking in any area. Gonna be a monster game. The Ridge will be packed! An amazing venue with plenty of parking and standing room.

This is a game where Ridgeview truly should put it in the air.  Ridgeview likes to chuck it anyway, but of all games and Union's not so strong point being the secondary in pass coverage, Ridgeview should throw it over 25 times in my opinion.  This is the game imo, the first true big test for Ridgeview's Defensive Line.  Does Unon side swipe em with 4 and 6 yards per carry off tackle and control the clock and maul them on the ground, or does Ridgeview's defensive line, which is supposed to be much better and very good play Region Title Contender football.  RV will move the ball and get some scores with the passing game, but what I'm interested in this game without being able to watch it is..........how many yards did Union have on the ground.  If that number is under 150 yards, that's a cause for worry for other Region D region title contending teams.

53 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

This is a game where Ridgeview truly should put it in the air.  Ridgeview likes to chuck it anyway, but of all games and Union's not so strong point being the secondary in pass coverage, Ridgeview should throw it over 25 times in my opinion.  This is the game imo, the first true big test for Ridgeview's Defensive Line.  Does Unon side swipe em with 4 and 6 yards per carry off tackle and control the clock and maul them on the ground, or does Ridgeview's defensive line, which is supposed to be much better and very good play Region Title Contender football.  RV will move the ball and get some scores with the passing game, but what I'm interested in this game without being able to watch it is..........how many yards did Union have on the ground.  If that number is under 150 yards, that's a cause for worry for other Region D region title contending teams.

I agree with everything you said.

It'll be interesting,  as good as rv is union is sitting there hungry after giving 2 big games away already.  I believe they come out a little sharper this week.  Those young dbs are 5 games in so not new anymore and rv qb looks to be averaging at least 1 pick a game.  Won't be a lack of throwing,  but if pack wins it's because of a complimentary run game they didn't have last season.  Bears moving some personel will be an absolute necessity.  Good luck to both.

21-20 either way  this is going to impact pairings in November big time. 

Ridgeview will have two particular matchups that they will exploit from the very first offensive snap. The advantage they will have there will equal a 7th/8th grade team playing against a varsity squad. If they don’t attack them it will be the biggest coaching blunder in recent memory. 

8 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Ridgeview will have two particular matchups that they will exploit from the very first offensive snap. The advantage they will have there will equal a 7th/8th grade team playing against a varsity squad. If they don’t attack them it will be the biggest coaching blunder in recent memory. 

Yeah if they attack a certain area I won’t name it’ll get ugly.  Hint:  Gate City found the certain area second half.  Hopefully Union can run the ball some and keep it from getting ugly .  Unfortunately I don’t see this being close at all 

Union will be prepared.  As frustrated as Union folks are about their defensive coaches is how frustrated RV is with their offensive coaching.  The RV offense has unlimited potential but has been operating well below their expectations and potential.  I would expect some new packages and looks against Union and I would expect Union to have a few new wrinkles.  
This game will be decided by turnovers and if RV can come out and match Union’s early intensity.  Another big factor will be which version of O’Quinn shows up.  It will be interesting to see how Union handles their defensive alignments in #7 and #13.  If RV goes 2x 2 and keeps those two together on the same side they should see single coverage…decided advantage for RV.  I see a close game.

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

Union will be prepared.  As frustrated as Union folks are about their defensive coaches is how frustrated RV is with their offensive coaching.  The RV offense has unlimited potential but has been operating well below their expectations and potential.  I would expect some new packages and looks against Union and I would expect Union to have a few new wrinkles.  
This game will be decided by turnovers and if RV can come out and match Union’s early intensity.  Another big factor will be which version of O’Quinn shows up.  It will be interesting to see how Union handles their defensive alignments in #7 and #13.  If RV goes 2x 2 and keeps those two together on the same side they should see single coverage…decided advantage for RV.  I see a close game.

I'm not as frustrated with the defense as much as the offense.  On the defensive side the biggest issue is youth with 4-5 freshman playing most of the game.  Now on offense is where most of the frustration is with the play calling and not able to make an adjustment and of course no passing threat whatsoever

5 hours ago, Dawg01 said:

It doesn't matter if Turner moves sneed back there or anyone else. The Pack are about to open a good ole can of butter whooping on the bears up on the Ridge. Look for it to be loud and get ugly quick. Pack by 30 or more.

Can’t score without the ball

42-14 Ridgeview 

Tough score to predict because if Union can control the clock they could actually keep it within a 2 score game but I just remember one of the last trips up there and it was just a straight up butt whoopin and assume this one will be similar 

25 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Can’t score without the ball

That's what I'm thinking. If Union can grind out 4 or 5 yards a carry and eat up the clock, it will limit RV scoring opportunities. My question is, how good is RV's O Line? Can Union put enough pressure on O’Quinn to cause him to have some missteps? A few miscues by RV in a close game and with limited possessions could see Union winning narrowly. I think it will be a slobber knocker of a game for sure. 

23 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

42-14 Ridgeview 

Tough score to predict because if Union can control the clock they could actually keep it within a 2 score game but I just remember one of the last trips up there and it was just a straight up butt whoopin and assume this one will be similar 

No way Union gets 40 put up on them.  Nor will they lose by 25+.  They aren’t built that way.  They will keep it very close if they don’t outright win.

Union defense matched up pretty well last season.  Up front they pressured qb well.  Their run game didn't exist yet and they hadn't figured out to use the pass to set up the run.  This time will be determined by turnovers and staying discipline on defense for both teams.  Good luck to both. 

31-21 Ridgeview.  RV by 10. Only my opinion, and it's a weak opinion because I've only watched Ridgeview once this season and haven't seen enough of them to make a reasonable pick on this game.

Calpreps has this one at 21-20 in favor or RV.  We are in to week 6 or 7 now, so that computer after about 5 weeks starts to become alarmingly accurate.  I thought it would have had RV by 7=10 points, but it's basically got this game as a tossup.

I’ve seen enough of Ridgeview this year to say I don’t think they come out with the W this weekend. Should they? Absolutely.  But, this game is too big for the one calling the offense.  We will shoot ourselves in the foot like we have nearly every game so far but the difference in this one is you can’t make those mistakes against teams like union.  Hope I’m wrong but I won’t be surprised if union takes this one by two TD’s