Week 7 Scores/Updates

SWVAgridiron

24 minutes ago, SpillBoss said:

In my opinion, doesn’t matter to me if teams want a parade or trophy for games, players, etc. I believe that if the community is involved and wants to promote or celebrate these wins then so be it. I highly doubt any HC would ask for the town for a parade. As long as they community wants it then go for it, let the players, cheerleaders, band and everyone else involved enjoy it. Like someone stated earlier, enjoy now and let the past be the past.

This ^^^^

also, I don’t think everyone from Richlands irony.

39 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Only time anyone should have a parade for a football game is homecoming or state championship. 

I’m not sure I agree.  The players on this year’s team were very small the last time the team had any significant success.  Witnessing a football related celebration might motivate a few more kids into participating next year.  I don’t disapprove. 

2 hours ago, parsons said:

I’m not sure I agree.  The players on this year’s team were very small the last time the team had any significant success.  Witnessing a football related celebration might motivate a few more kids into participating next year.  I don’t disapprove. 

Whatever the kids want but I guess I’m old school when it comes to a parade for winning a game vs a bad team 

Nothing wrong with community showing support. Look how many fans were at that game. Football team has doubled in size from three years ago. Not the only factor but community support has a lot to do with it. Show me one kid that wouldn't love to be recognized like that as it may be their only chance in life  or even their first recognition that leads them to some important life decisions. 

We love our Bulldogs, always have always will. I challenge any other town/city/county to see if they support their team as much as we do. Sadly couldn't make it to Colonial Heights but was told we had more people there than they did. That's the support any team should be thrilled to have. 

38 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Nothing wrong with community showing support. Look how many fans were at that game. Football team has doubled in size from three years ago. Not the only factor but community support has a lot to do with it. Show me one kid that wouldn't love to be recognized like that as it may be their only chance in life  or even their first recognition that leads them to some important life decisions. 

We love our Bulldogs, always have always will. I challenge any other town/city/county to see if they support their team as much as we do. Sadly couldn't make it to Colonial Heights but was told we had more people there than they did. That's the support any team should be thrilled to have. 

I’m as old school as several on here, but agree with this post. I believe the distinction comes from who is celebrating and the context. I believe community support is necessary. As long as humility is maintained, and not a sense of hubris, these celebrations are meaningful to each person in every stage of life. Sometimes, the little thank you’s make it easier to show up for the next event. If it leads to encouragement and further more wins, even just one, then what’s the harm? Football teaches toughness, but don’t forget reliance on others. Life is hard enough. Enthusiasm is infectious. In my life, I have learned it is just as important to receive help, and celebrate the good times, as to simply be independent and survive the hard times. At Richlands, we may have taken success for granted over the years. Right now, we could use some excitement. I applaud the Tazewell community for supporting their team. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

It was a helluva game for sure. Good luck to y'all against Bluefield. I think you'll be fine, but then again, this season has been whacky lol

It was and good luck to y’all. I think we can hang I don’t know if we have the defense to stop them in the end

• GMan locked this topic