David Crockett @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

I think it depends on if Crockett rests the starters tonight.  As @Ryan4VT mentioned, thanks to my insight I gave him earlier in the week, Crockett already has their playoff seed and know they have to make the trip down to Knoxville West next Friday.  Knox West is perhaps the best public school team in Tennessee regardless of classification.  They've already beaten Bearden, Farragut, Alcoa and Maryville this season.  I could see Crockett resting players tonight to ensure they have all the firepower available for next week.  Richlands has something to play for as a win here would all but lock up a playoff spot I believe.  I think Richlands has better than a puncher's chance to win this one.

14 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think it depends on if Crockett rests the starters tonight.  As @Ryan4VT mentioned, thanks to my insight I gave him earlier in the week, Crockett already has their playoff seed and know they have to make the trip down to Knoxville West next Friday.  Knox West is perhaps the best public school team in Tennessee regardless of classification.  They've already beaten Bearden, Farragut, Alcoa and Maryville this season.  I could see Crockett resting players tonight to ensure they have all the firepower available for next week.  Richlands has something to play for as a win here would all but lock up a playoff spot I believe.  I think Richlands has better than a puncher's chance to win this one.

Don’t wanna get the thread too off track but just wanted to say this is spot on. Knox west is a freaking freight train. 

It's a tough game for Richlands, but definitely a winnable one. Hope the players realize how much is riding on this game for getting into the playoffs considering the season they've had & knowing Central is going have their hands full with GC & Grundy.

10 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Hats off to the blues for a helluva game. D.Crockett has nothing to brag about really, almost getting beat by a down 2A school. Way to go blues, y’all have nothing to hang your head for!

Richlands has some spare timeouts if anybody needs one …🧐

Going to post this, and if you disagree with or have negative things to add, that's okay.  I'm just and old guy that graduated in 1972 from Richlands and I may be out of the loop with many of the younger fans, but I do  have an opinion on a situation I think has to be pointed out.  Did anyone notice that Richlands has some players who have been at practice, and in the weight room, and attended every team function throughout their high school years, giving all they can.  Their parents have sacrificed along with all the parents, and supported the program, yet these players never had the chance to be on the field during a home game, their entire time with the team.  Come on guys, at least the coaches could have let these dedicated players in one or two plays, especially the last time they would ever be able to play on the home field.

Shame on the coaches who think that it doesn't matter.  Shame on the coaches who don't have the decency to allow these kids to at least be in live action.  I mean the season is over with this 2 win team, so why does it matter if they win or loose the last home game.  Have we migrated back to the day that only a select few are chosen to play regardless of the effort and hard work of all players. I agree, the most talented players should be on the field, but when do you show the bench riders they are appreciated.  I may never post again after this, but this situation is just shameful on the coaches and this is just my old fart opinion, but if I was one of these players parents, I would be greatly dissapointed that my child had put forth the effort only to be shown by those in charge that their effort is not appreciated by getting on the field for one stinking play.  I mean they will never have another oportunity to be active in a game on the RHS field in front of family and friends again in their life, and this is good coaching?  B.S.!!! Coaches have to be better than this. SHAMEFULL!!!!