Week 1: Honaker at Lebanon (8/24)

Rev833

I’m guessing Honaker but I have no solid evidence to back up my guess. Lebanon does have a great QB and I think Honaker is going to be pretty solid this season so it may be a toss up. Someone with more knowledge about what each brings to the field might have better insight. It’s a shame they couldn’t whine as much as Grayson & threaten a lawsuit to stay 1A. 

With what Honaker returns, I'm guessing Honaker. I haven't seen Lebanon yet. Honaker is the 1D favs by many fans. Honaker needs to play its game and WIN. It's not a good sign for 1D or Honaker, if the Tigers lose to Lebanon this year. That doesn't mean Honaker still couldn't win 1D by losing to Lebanon, but it wouldn't be a good look. Lebanon has the QB and of course the game with Honaker last year, but Honaker returns a lot, is the 1D favs, and Lebanon lost a bunch of players from what I read on here. Honaker needs to win.

I think they do win....by more than 13 points.

4 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I haven’t seen either in about 2 years, hoping the tigers can take the win, my brother in law goes to honaker and he said they are talented but young. 

Talented but definitely not young

I know Lebanon has the edge in QB and that will be the case is most every game they play this year but I am not sure what he has around him. Is there a run game now that Hurtig graduated? Can the O line hold up long enough for Reese to get a pass off? If the answer is yes to both then Lebanon will be okay this year. The first half of the benefit game didn’t look promising but that was a benefit game. 

Honaker is not going to scare you getting off the bus. They got one lineman maybe 2 over 6 foot. The skill guys kinda all look the same but they have a good system and they run it well. The RB is talented and hopefully the starting QB is back from injury by now. 

I think Honaker takes this one by 2 scores in an high scoring affair 

Watch some honaker vs marion scrimmage. Honaker has speed. Defense look good. But I didn't get see the offense. If honaker can keep lebanon qb in check. They will come out with win. 

8 hours ago, Jags52 said:

I know Lebanon has the edge in QB and that will be the case is most every game they play this year but I am not sure what he has around him. Is there a run game now that Hurtig graduated? Can the O line hold up long enough for Reese to get a pass off? If the answer is yes to both then Lebanon will be okay this year. The first half of the benefit game didn’t look promising but that was a benefit game. 

Honaker is not going to scare you getting off the bus. They got one lineman maybe 2 over 6 foot. The skill guys kinda all look the same but they have a good system and they run it well. The RB is talented and hopefully the starting QB is back from injury by now. 

I think Honaker takes this one by 2 scores in an high scoring affair 

Run game is basically Richlands old quarterback and no the line probably will not be able to keep the pocket open enough for Reece to do his thing. Rumor is that he is playing baseball. My guess after this year he will transfer

2 hours ago, Stelley said:

Run game is basically Richlands old quarterback and no the line probably will not be able to keep the pocket open enough for Reece to do his thing. Rumor is that he is playing baseball. My guess after this year he will transfer

I heard back in the spring he (Reece) was looking to transfer to Richlands but I guess he decided not to. I know the Bluefield QB decided not to play and focus only on baseball. Maybe that’s what Reece will do next year?? 

On 8/21/2023 at 6:28 PM, Gridiron60 said:

I heard back in the spring he (Reece) was looking to transfer to Richlands but I guess he decided not to. I know the Bluefield QB decided not to play and focus only on baseball. Maybe that’s what Reece will do next year?? 

Bluefield is no good, but I'm hearing Union will have an open QB spot with lots of available host families. haha

21 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

is this the game of the week for week 1

According to most, yes. The growing hostility between Lebanon and honaker has been going up for the past couple of years. Now with all of the transfers happening between the two schools the energy will be even higher

Was it Lebanon being down or Honaker being that good? Obviously, a combo of both, but How Much do the 2 above contribute to it?  I don't think its 50-50 where Honaker being up and Lebanon being down was a 50-50 reason for the domination. To me, its more like.....Honaker is really really good contributing about 80% to the score and Lebanon being down making up the other 20%. I was a math guy, so I'm nerdy like that. Only my opinions.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Was it Lebanon being down or Honaker being that good? Obviously, a combo of both, but How Much do the 2 above contribute to it?  I don't think its 50-50 where Honaker being up and Lebanon being down was a 50-50 reason for the domination. To me, its more like.....Honaker is really really good contributing about 80% to the score and Lebanon being down making up the other 20%. I was a math guy, so I'm nerdy like that. Only my opinions.

IMHO, Honaker is that good.  Looks like they have embraced and practiced some Air Raid concepts in the passing game.  If you go in on that it can be hard to stop, especially in an area that isn't known for high caliber DBs.  If I were 1D, I'd spend some extra time watching film and adding some wrinkles to my defensive coverages.  Now, it will be interesting to see what happens when the Tigers go up against a ball-control grind-it-down-your throat offense like a Grundy or Patrick Henry.  I don't think Lebanon is that good.  They were always a bottom two team in the SWD.