Marion at Central

BKFootball

We’re traveling to Marion this week.

Central 14-0

Only because the defense is kind of okay. Until proven otherwise, we may go 3-7, 4-6 at best. I have no faith in this new offensive style at the moment. We may not even put 14 on the board if changes aren’t made and made quickly. 

Marion has been down for a while, and I don't know if this year will be any different. On the other hand, Central's 7 pt win over Eastside says more about them than the Spartans.

I think this game is a toss up. The winner will be the team that wants to lose the least.

Don’t know much about Central, but if Marion doesn’t change anything from last week Central should have no problem. Onside kicking every play works out every once in awhile, but most of the time they’re giving their opponents the ball at midfield. Everyone knows it’s coming from film. Another thing they need to do, RETURN PUNTS. Marion doesn’t put anyone back to return punts. I know it’s only his second year, but I’m beginning to question Ginn as a high school head coach. He’s been around this game long enough to know he needs to make adjustments (I would think), so I’m hoping he turns things around in the next few years. Right now, Chilhowie High School is doing things a lot better than Marion Senior High, and not just in football. 

8 hours ago, Brownies99 said:

Don’t know much about Central, but if Marion doesn’t change anything from last week Central should have no problem. Onside kicking every play works out every once in awhile, but most of the time they’re giving their opponents the ball at midfield. Everyone knows it’s coming from film. Another thing they need to do, RETURN PUNTS. Marion doesn’t put anyone back to return punts. I know it’s only his second year, but I’m beginning to question Ginn as a high school head coach. He’s been around this game long enough to know he needs to make adjustments (I would think), so I’m hoping he turns things around in the next few years. Right now, Chilhowie High School is doing things a lot better than Marion Senior High, and not just in football. 

It’s rough to get a W when an offense just cannot move the ball. I expect this one to be a close, low scoring game. 

42 minutes ago, BKFootball said:

Hopefully the offense will start moving the ball warriors by 40

All depends on the QB.  If Haggins is 100%, Warriors win easily.  If backup QB is in, no points will be found and will be a long long night. O-line needs to toughen up

3 minutes ago, pakdastands said:

All depends on the QB.  If Haggins is 100%, Warriors win easily.  If backup QB is in, no points will be found and will be a long long night. O-line needs to toughen up

Haggins got hurt in jamboree, I think it’s a little worse than what’s been put out there. It’s only gonna get worse if he can’t heal. 

1 minute ago, onewarrior2 said:

Haggins got hurt in jamboree, I think it’s a little worse than what’s been put out there. It’s only gonna get worse if he can’t heal. 

They might want to consider sitting him this one.  This game doesn't mean much. Rather have him in conference.  Is the back up that started Eastside game the only one able to do so?

15 hours ago, pakdastands said:

They might want to consider sitting him this one.  This game doesn't mean much. Rather have him in conference.  Is the back up that started Eastside game the only one able to do so?

I am not sure the West kid played some qb when he was in youth ball.