Narrows vs Giles

nrv_football

19 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Not according to two Spartans fans down at the Hardees.  According to them, "we got 3 guys better than that bum."  I just grabbed my biscuit, put my head down, smiled and headed out.  I then thought to myself as to whether we need to tighten up voter laws and driving laws, because there is no way some of these people can make a reasonable decision, and God knows for sure, they can't be safe behind heavy machinery. 

That sounds like stuff narrows fans said back in the day lol....times have changed

20 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Not according to two Spartans fans down at the Hardees.  According to them, "we got 3 guys better than that bum."  I just grabbed my biscuit, put my head down, smiled and headed out.  I then thought to myself as to whether we need to tighten up voter laws and driving laws, because there is no way some of these people can make a reasonable decision, and God knows for sure, they can't be safe behind heavy machinery. 

And I probably know one of the two you are talking about

45 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

A couple just like em in every operating Hardees before every sun up, I'm afraid 🤣

Spartans could’ve put this one out of reach in the second half. 3 trips inside the redzone with no points and they let Narrows hang around too long. Fullback and wingback didn’t get near enough touches even though they picked up 5-10 yards every time they got the ball. Our tailback who isn’t 100% healthy and hasn’t practiced much the last two weeks got ran into the dirt. Kolier Pruett got moved to QB early in the game and looked like he’d been playing it all his life and he had 95% of the tackles for Narrows on defense. Our secondary was atrocious, allowing freshman receivers make them look silly. In all I feel like Giles was the better team, but Narrows wanted it more. 

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Spartans could’ve put this one out of reach in the second half. 3 trips inside the redzone with no points and they let Narrows hang around too long. Fullback and wingback didn’t get near enough touches even though they picked up 5-10 yards every time they got the ball. Our tailback who isn’t 100% healthy and hasn’t practiced much the last two weeks got ran into the dirt. Kolier Pruett got moved to QB early in the game and looked like he’d been playing it all his life and he had 95% of the tackles for Narrows on defense. Our secondary was atrocious, allowing freshman receivers make them look silly. In all I feel like Giles was the better team, but Narrows wanted it more. 

Just got to cover better. We played well enough offensively to win and we'll enough defensively against the run to win. Got to be better in the secondary. It's to the point to where we just tell them, play center field. The hell with it, they are probably going to catch it, but make sure its in front of you. For the love of God, stop letting WRs get behind you. If we play Narrows again and don't lose any players to injury and the two banged up now are 100 percent, we will beat them imo. Could be wrong.

15 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Just got to cover better. We played well enough offensively to win and we'll enough defensively against the run to win. Got to be better in the secondary. It's to the point to where we just tell them, play center field. The hell with it, they are probably going to catch it, but make sure its in front of you. For the love of G letting WRs get behind you. If we play Narrows again and don't lose any players to injury and the two banged up now are 100 percent, we will beat them imo. Could be wrong.

The frustrating part is Giles db's were generally in good position to defend the majority of the passes but need some work with technique. Have to start turning and making a play on the ball and avoiding the PI calls. Even on the last TD catch, the DB had great position and could have easily been knocked down or intercepted. I think Giles wins that game 9 out of 10 times. 

10 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

The frustrating part is Giles db's were generally in good position to defend the majority of the passes but need some work with technique. Have to start turning and making a play on the ball and avoiding the PI calls. Even on the last TD catch, the DB had great position and could have easily been knocked down or intercepted. I think Giles wins that game 9 out of 10 times. 

But they won the one that mattered....we choked no other way to state it....I don't see many wins this year....auburn yes....after that who?

37 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

But they won the one that mattered....we choked no other way to state it....I don't see many wins this year....auburn yes....after that who?

Grayson has really struggled offensively, Galax and Wythe are both very winnable games this year as well as Ft. Chiswell. I wouldn't be shocked if Giles swept the district quite honestly. Tazewell could be a win with a little luck and BlueField is a waste of time even showing up. 

9 hours ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Grayson has really struggled offensively, Galax and Wythe are both very winnable games this year as well as Ft. Chiswell. I wouldn't be shocked if Giles swept the district quite honestly. Tazewell could be a win with a little luck and BlueField is a waste of time even showing up. 

I agree these are all very winnable games.

9 hours ago, 1Wingit23 said:

We aren't winning the district...we have struggled too..

38 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

I agree these are all very winnable games.

They are all winnable. Unfortunately, they are all losable, so that usually ends somewhere in the middle. Being in the middle isn't winning the district. I don't bet, but if I did, I would bet big money on "the field" winning the district over Giles.

16 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

They are all winnable. Unfortunately, they are all losable, so that usually ends somewhere in the middle. Being in the middle isn't winning the district. I don't bet, but if I did, I would bet big money on "the field" winning the district over Giles.

Yep....only game I'm pretty sure we win is auburn....the rest we have to play mistake free to win and we haven't shown we can do that

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

We aren't winning the district...we have struggled too..

Who is the front runner do you think? Radford blasted Wythe and Galax worse than Giles, the only win between both of them are narrow wins against Carroll Co. Not exactly world beaters there and a Grayson team that struggles to put 14 points on the board. I would very well say Giles struggles have been  slightly less than the other district competition. Giles wins against a very improved Blacksburg team, lost to Radford as they should have and dropped a heartbreaker to a 4-0 Narrows team. We'll learn everything we need too on Friday night. That game will set the tone for the remainder of the season I suspect?

6 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Who is the front runner do you think? Radford blasted Wythe and Galax worse than Giles, the only win between both of them are narrow wins against Carroll Co. Not exactly world beaters there and a Grayson team that struggles to put 14 points on the board. I would very well say Giles struggles have been  slightly less than the other district competition. Giles wins against a very improved Blacksburg team, lost to Radford as they should have and dropped a heartbreaker to a 4-0 Narrows team. We'll learn everything we need too on Friday night. That game will set the tone for the remainder of the season I suspect?

I think it's the two that have been the frontrunners year in and year out for many years. Galax and George Wythe. We've seen comparable scores in the past where a score looks favorable for Giles compared to Galax or George Wythe only for them to beat us straight up when we meet them. 

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think it's the two that have been the frontrunners year in and year out for many years. Galax and George Wythe. We've seen comparable scores in the past where a score looks favorable for Giles compared to Galax or George Wythe only for them to beat us straight up when we meet them. 

I get to be the man you got to beat the man but the district looks weaker this year and IMO Galax is returning to the pre Dixon era. It's definitely there for Giles to win it. Ft. Chiswell shouldn't be written off either 

42 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

I get to be the man you got to beat the man but the district looks weaker this year and IMO Galax is returning to the pre Dixon era. It's definitely there for Giles to win it. Ft. Chiswell shouldn't be written off either 

Can't compare scores...and blacksburg is a little better but they are still terrible. I'll be surprised if Giles beats Grayson, Wythe or Galax to be honest.

Grayson D is pretty good...Wythe has some athletes,  we have very few. Galax has played one hell of a schedule. 

Ft chiswell i have no idea....but if we play like we did over there last year they will destroy us

Auburn and a bunch of 'I hope we play well so we have a chance'

Seems like Giles has been in rebuilding for a long awhile. Used to reload and every year someone says " We will be better next year we have some athletic players coming up" It seems like this never materializes though. I hope to see Giles back atop the district and make a deep run into the playoffs but idk if that is happening anytime in the near future. 

12 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Seems like Giles has been in rebuilding for a long awhile. Used to reload and every year someone says " We will be better next year we have some athletic players coming up" It seems like this never materializes though. I hope to see Giles back atop the district and make a deep run into the playoffs but idk if that is happening anytime in the near future. 

Trust me it can IF all these guys stay together and parents let them to continue to play football.

It all goes in cycles...from 1980 till a few years ago not many teams at all can match our production