Gate City @ Union

UnionGuy2017

On 9/23/2023 at 10:24 PM, Duke2015 said:

I was at fence and didn’t think he caught it either.  But it happened so fast and haven’t seen replay 

I was at the fence too lol and I thought he had just gained possession. But it’s a bang bang play and I wouldn’t have been mad either way. Very tough play to call. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

I was at the fence too lol and I thought he had just gained possession. But it’s a bang bang play and I wouldn’t have been mad either way. Very tough play to call. 

I seen the play from the 45 yard line visitors bleachers and I don't think he ever had possession of it! I don't expect the officiating to  be perfect and I think the call would have been okay either way! They don't have the benefit of replay and have to make a judgement call! I got some funny looks from my hometown fans for GC but I don't think he ever caught the ball!

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

I seen the play from the 45 yard line visitors bleachers and I don't think he ever had possession of it! I don't expect the officiating to  be perfect and I think the call would have been okay either way! They don't have the benefit of replay and have to make a judgement call! I got some funny looks from my hometown fans for GC but I don't think he ever caught the ball!

I’ve seen the replay now and still don’t know if he had possession but oh well didn’t affect the outcome anyways 

On 9/23/2023 at 8:43 AM, Union_Fan said:

We have no kicker. The one from last didn't come back out. They've tried several kids and multiple tactics since the first scrimmage.

None have been consistent. What you saw against Graham is what we've done weekly. Big weak spot for sure!

Go shades of Tom and just go for 2 boys. 50% shot evens out anyway:)

On 9/23/2023 at 9:14 PM, CriticalNoise said:

Speaking of turnovers, the pass to huff should’ve been ruled incomplete, rather than a fumble. 
that’s just from my eyes at the scoreboard end zone anyways. I never thought he had sole possession of the ball

Looked incomplete to me. 

But it didn’t really make a difference. 

Had to be a judgment call.