UnionGuy2017

4 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

2012ish? to Jake Barnett

2017 to James

2023 to Huff.

3 slant routes in 12 years, not bad. 

Well that’s 2 more than I thought really looking forward to 2027 for number 4

3 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Wasn't the one to James vs Appomattox in 2017???

Yeah he scored on one in that game IIRC. 

But the focus this week has to be containing the QB on defense and not turning it over on offense. Union should have the advantage in the skill positions and with a good performance at the LOS, GC gonna have their hands full. But if Bears come out slow and think they’ll just show up and win, it’ll be a repeat of last year. GC is too good to take lightly, too well coached. That staff has got them going the right way for sure, very well coached preparation wise as well as in game. 

50 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Yeah he scored on one in that game IIRC. 

But the focus this week has to be containing the QB on defense and not turning it over on offense. Union should have the advantage in the skill positions and with a good performance at the LOS, GC gonna have their hands full. But if Bears come out slow and think they’ll just show up and win, it’ll be a repeat of last year. GC is too good to take lightly, too well coached. That staff has got them going the right way for sure, very well coached preparation wise as well as in game. 

Absolutely. I feel like In the first game last year, we thought we’d show up with the “U” and win. I didn’t feel that in 2nd game but GC just wore us out. 

19 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Absolutely. I feel like In the first game last year, we thought we’d show up with the “U” and win. I didn’t feel that in 2nd game but GC just wore us out. 

Agreed fully. GC caught Union somewhat flat footed during the regular season matchup in GC but just outplayed them in both meetings. They played very sound fundamental football and capitalized on their opportunities while Union squander theirs and turned the ball over. 

Union may have more talent on paper but that doesn’t mean anything when the whistle blows. They can’t afford to rest on their laurels, the M7 race hasn’t really even started and goal number one is winning the M7. Do that then maybe some other goals start making the list. 

In games last season the Blue Devils finished strong. I give the coaches credit for preparing their team for four quarters.  Younger players tend to wear out sooner and the Bears were young last campaign; seemed real tuckered out in the last minutes of both contests with Gate City. I do think that could be a factor again this year in some Union matchups - including this week's game. As example, for anyone who saw the Science Hill game, It really looked like the Bears could match their speed but the Hill Toppers did eventually wear down Union. 

I don't think Gate City depth, or anyone else in the region, compares to that of Science Hill.  The best 11 for both will be playing during crunch time, early or late. Watched both of last year's games just trying to compare who's back for each team from last season.  I think it'll be the better of QB head to head battles in the M7.  These 2 mirror each other a lot.  It'll be a tough contest none-the-less.  Good luck to both, WCYB televised right?

47 minutes ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

I don't think Gate City depth, or anyone else in the region, compares to that of Science Hill.  The best 11 for both will be playing during crunch time, early or late. Watched both of last year's games just trying to compare who's back for each team from last season.  I think it'll be the better of QB head to head battles in the M7.  These 2 mirror each other a lot.  It'll be a tough contest none-the-less.  Good luck to both, WCYB televised right?

Yes. 7:30 on the CW I believe. 

11 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I keep seeing WCYB?  What is this?  Is this television?  Is it local television?  Watchable online?

sister station, to be aired on television, it's usually pretty neat with replays and all.  check online wcyb and get info where to tune in.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I keep seeing WCYB?  What is this?  Is this television?  Is it local television?  Watchable online?

Website...https://wcyb.com/

Facebook... https://m.facebook.com/news5wcyb

YouTube...https://www.youtube.com/user/wcyb5/videos

They usually stream live on Facebook and then archive on YouTube after a day or two.

Now, you can add this to your multiple monitors and satellite truck. Haha

WCYB does a fantastic job!

9 hours ago, rvtne216 said:

Union holds a 10-5 edge in the series. Before Gate City swept the Bears in 2022, Union had won the previous eight contests. 

There was a few close ones in that 8 game stretch. In 2015 Gate City was up on Union 27-13 and on the verge of going up 34-13 in the 3rd quarter. A Gate City turnover (may have been on downs or just a turnover) brought some life back to Union. Union came from behind and won 34-27. 

In 2016 Gate City had Union 21-13 at half time and Union won 33-28. 

In 2019 in the playoffs Gate City led Union much of the game like 19-13 and Union won 20-19. 

I told a few people last season that Gate City was overdue for a win against Union and it wouldn’t surprise me if they did. They did. 

I think it’s close for the first half and then Union starts to wear them down. 

Gate City plays quite a few underclassmen also. That being said, I can see Union blowing them out of the water after last years games but then again every time I've ever expected us to get whipped we seem to find a way to be in the game. Luckily I'm not  a betting man.

50 minutes ago, GC_Quincy said:

Gate City plays quite a few underclassmen also. That being said, I can see Union blowing them out of the water after last years games but then again every time I've ever expected us to get whipped we seem to find a way to be in the game. Luckily I'm not  a betting man.

Excited for the game, going to Bullitt for the first time in quite awhile! I expect a good, hard fought quick game!

34 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Excited for the game, going to Bullitt for the first time in quite awhile! I expect a good, hard fought quick game!

Gate City needs to be careful not to poke the Bear.  You got to sneak up on him, give a quick slap or hit, then get away.  Trying to go toe to toe with him usually ends bad.

20 minutes ago, SXSW said:

If it's been longer than 2015, you'll notice a big difference.

New scoreboard, goal posts, 25 second clocks and visitors' fieldhouse, concessions and restrooms.

No doubt that GC has some good skill players, but the difference between this year and last year is Union is much, much better in every position.

Bigger, stronger line. QB WAY more accurate throwing the ball. Skill players older, faster and more mature.

This year's team is just that, a team. Playing much more cohesive than the last few years.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

No doubt that GC has some good skill players, but the difference between this year and last year is Union is much, much better in every position.

Bigger, stronger line. QB WAY more accurate throwing the ball. Skill players older, faster and more mature.

This year's team is just that, a team. Playing much more cohesive than the last few years.

But can we beat the wcyb curse