Week 6 Scores/Updates

Graham32

The Riverheads/Christiansburg game was as good game as you will see. Lots to unpack but that is a damn good C’burg team I saw tonight. So if there are better teams playing in Region C and D I will tip my hat and gladly watch a helluva game. So I am clear, this Gladiator team may jot make it out of Region B but like most of the teams of the last 15 years, it’s a smidge easier the earlier in the season you get them. It was 21-7 at the half with the Blue Demons having the momentum. They didn’t score in the second half and that’s in itself is a statement. 

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

That is one helluva statement W. 
Between that and the insane comeback by Riverheads, not sure who I’d have as the favorite in 2A right now. I’d hate to have to scheme to beat either right now. 

I rattled it my head on which was the better win.  Both impressive with Radford and Riverheads, but damn, if Altavista keeps scoring, I'm beginning to wonder about that one.  It's one thing to beat Appomattox, but I don't understand how a Class 1 school is beating Appo seemingly worse than they've been beat in a pretty long time other than to Heritage a couple of times.   

1 minute ago, RedPrideNation said:

The Riverheads/Christiansburg game was as good game as you will see. Lots to unpack but that is a damn good C’burg team I saw tonight. So if there are better teams playing in Region C and D I will tip my hat and gladly watch a helluva game. So I am clear, this Gladiator team may jot make it out of Region B but like most of the teams of the last 15 years, it’s a smidge easier the earlier in the season you get them. It was 21-7 at the half with the Blue Demons having the momentum. They didn’t score in the second half and that’s in itself is a statement. 

Heck of win brother.  No way to spit it or around it.  That's one heck of a win for Riverheads.  

Just now, nrv_football said:

Radford will choke in the playoffs. I have a feeling the coaching will cause them to lose when it matters most. Riverheads may just win it all.

Radford’s Achilles heal is definitely the coaching. Who knows maybe Crist will surprise us all and win the 2A championship? Their QB is phenomenal! He may carry them to Salem in spite of the coaching. 

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I rattled it my head on which was the better win.  Both impressive with Radford and Riverheads, but damn, if Altavista keeps scoring, I'm beginning to wonder about that one.  It's one thing to beat Appomattox, but I don't understand how a Class 1 school is beating Appo seemingly worse than they've been beat in a pretty long time other than to Heritage a couple of times.   

All these 1A teams playing excited since we gotta deal with Riverheads now in 2A lol. 

I admittedly don’t know that much about CB other than they’re a fgood 3A school, but any time you go up and win it’s huge. For points, confidence, etc.  

but Radford making mince meat out of Glenvar, no one saw that coming. 

hell I dunno lol, lotta ball left but now seems like every region has 1-3 front runners and a couple more teams capable of playing spoiler. 

Final.  Parry McCluer 22, Fort Chiswell 7.  McCluer is sneaky decent good.  They've improved a bunch from last year and so has Bath County.  I still favor Narrows in that district......kind of....but I would be really surprised if they were to beat McCluer by more than 7 points.  McCluer has the ability to beat them.  

Just now, Beamerball said:

Pass intercepted with 18 seconds remaining. RC should win it.

Damn. Helluva comeback for you guys tho, shows you won’t quit. Lotta teams fold on road down three scores in fourth but seems like Lee had shot to go steal it. 

special teams strikes again, had Lee made PATs, they just needed FG. 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Radford’s Achilles heal is definitely the coaching. Who knows maybe Crist will surprise us all and win the 2A championship? Their QB is phenomenal! He may carry them to Salem in spite of the coaching. 

One change at Radford this year from what I'm told.  Crist is hands off with the offense.  Don't quote me on this.  This is what I have been told and I do NOT know for sure, but the playcalling and offensive design doesn't belong to him.  It's noticeable also, and it's not just the QB, who is great, but their route design, offensive scheme, play selection looks a bunch different in my opinion that last year.

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

One change at Radford this year from what I'm told.  Crist is hands off with the offense.  Don't quote me on this.  This is what I have been told and I do NOT know for sure, but the playcalling and offensive design doesn't belong to him.  It's noticeable also, and it's not just the QB, who is great, but their route design, offensive scheme, play selection looks a bunch different in my opinion that last year.

That explains a lot if true! Maybe he’s smarter than we realized, lol!