Unofficial pairings

Union_Fan

18 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

@Union_Fan, @VHSLhelper

WSLS News 10 has Giles finishing 8th and playing Grayson. I know I should never doubt either of you but could something have potentially been missed or is it likely a flaw from whoever runs the numbers for the news? I just need confirmation before I start running my mouth for the next 7 days 

If I have a mistake, I can't find it.

13 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

That offensive scheme isn’t enough to beat the better teams.  

I know that many thought the GC folks were to hard on him, and the Holston run started off good, but I posted to give it a few years and then let's see. It's been a few years.

I have Patrick henry 3rd with 195 pts.. Twin springs 4TH with 194 PTS... Grundy 5TH 181 PTS....Eastside 6TH with 177PTS... Holston 6th 176PTS....Rural retreat 8TH 175 pts Chilhowie 9th 172pts... I must have made mistakes somewhere

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

@Union_Fan, @VHSLhelper

WSLS News 10 has Giles finishing 8th and playing Grayson. I know I should never doubt either of you but could something have potentially been missed or is it likely a flaw from whoever runs the numbers for the news? I just need confirmation before I start running my mouth for the next 7 days 

I was questioning this myself, I'm coming up with 156 for Fort and 155 for Giles.  By what I'm coming up with, James Monroe beating Bluefield kept from GIles from being able to use head to head to take the 7th seed. 

16 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

I was questioning this myself, I'm coming up with 156 for Fort and 155 for Giles.  By what I'm coming up with, James Monroe beating Bluefield kept from GIles from being able to use head to head to take the 7th seed. 

I didn’t even think about that game. I had Bluefield picked to win that one. 

19 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

East Mont upsetting Parry McCluer would've worked as well but that wasn't happening.

I just ran the numbers again for Fort and got 156 and 155 for Giles. Looks like no county clash unless I’m missing something. The PM/East Mont score hadn’t been recorded yet on Max Preps so that may have been what threw everyone off. PM winning favors FC

4 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

3 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I just ran the numbers again for Fort and got 156 and 155 for Giles. Looks like no county clash unless I’m missing something. The PM/East Mont score hadn’t been recorded yet on Max Preps so that may have been what threw everyone off. PM winning favors FC

My apologies.

I forgot to record the East Mont/Twin Valley Game from Monday. That was the difference.

With Coach Smith back full time Appomattox is starting to find their late season magic somewhat.  They ain’t the same team they were 5-6 weeks ago.  
They still are not talented like years past but if teams just look at their record they may not like the score when the clock hits zeros. 

34 minutes ago, BoBob said:

With Coach Smith back full time Appomattox is starting to find their late season magic somewhat.  They ain’t the same team they were 5-6 weeks ago.  
They still are not talented like years past but if teams just look at their record they may not like the score when the clock hits zeros. 

Can you guys knock off Radford?

If we're fortunate enough to make it out of Reg D, we'd love to host you at the Park again. 🙂

7 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Can you guys knock off Radford?

If we're fortunate enough to make it out of Reg D, we'd love to host you at the Park again. 🙂

Got to worry about Chatham first. 
Radford????  They are talented so….. it would take out A+ game for sure! 

27 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

FWIW, WSLS is projecting PH at 3 and Twin Springs at 4.

Region 1D

Here’s our (WSLS) projection for this region:

1. Honaker

2. Rye Cove

3. Patrick Henry-GS

4. Twin Springs

5. Grundy

6. Chilhowie

7. Eastside

8. Rural Retreat

Honaker & Rural Retreat going right back at it. That might be the best first round game. Can you imagine if Rural Retreat manages an upset. They nearly beat them last night granted it was at RR. 

46 minutes ago, KW23 said:

I hope they beat them... Wonder if last night was a fluke or not

Rural Retreat is a bunch of scrappers. They’ve lost some close ones this season. I don’t think it was a fluke. Just think, they had that petition going around to get rid of the OC earlier in the season, lol. 

Did they really? That's awesome... The play calling was trash at beginning of year.   Reason why they lost to fort chiswell was play calling or lack thereof at the goalline

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Rural Retreat is a bunch of scrappers. They’ve lost some close ones this season. I don’t think it was a fluke. Just think, they had that petition going around to get rid of the OC earlier in the season, lol. 

The Steelers fans have a billboard near the stadium trying to fire their OC. 

6 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

FWIW, WSLS is projecting PH at 3 and Twin Springs at 4.

Region 1D

Here’s our (WSLS) projection for this region:

1. Honaker

2. Rye Cove

3. Patrick Henry-GS

4. Twin Springs

5. Grundy

6. Chilhowie

7. Eastside

8. Rural Retreat

Did PH play a team with a 9 game schedule?

Here's the tiebreakers. I didn't see anything that applied to these 2 until (f). That would be TS, so I have no clue otherwise.

(a) The Rating Scale-Considering all regular season games played against public and non-public Virginia schools and scheduled in accordance with the provisions of 68-4-6.

(b) The winner of any games between the two tied teams if only the tied teams are involved.  If more than two teams tied, and one of the tied teams beat all other tied teams, that team shall advance.

(c) The team with the better record against all common opponents.

(d) A team that played an opponent with an effective nine (9) game schedule (non-recognized opponent, i.e., home school or out-of-state non-public school, or inability to schedule/play a 10th game) shall be seeded ahead of a school whose opponents play 10 game schedules.

(e) Schools that played an opponent with nine-game schedules shall be seeded ahead of opponents who played 10-game schedules.

(f) The team with the highest winning percentage against rating scale recognized opponents.