Unofficial pairings

Union_Fan

Some craziness tonight for sure! I'll post 1D shortly.

2D

Rank Team Record Total Points Rating
01.) Union 9-1 275 27.5
02.) Graham 9-1 261 26.1
03.) Gate City 7-3 224 22.4
04.) Tazewell 7-3 221 22.1
05.) Ridgeview 7-3 204 20.4
06.) Marion 5-5 181 18.1
07.) Lee 4-6 169 16.9
08.) Va High 4-6 165 16.5

2C

01.) Radford 10-0 284 28.4
02.) Gretna 8-2 245 24.5
03.) Glenvar 8-2 229 22.9
04.) Appomattox 5-5 215 21.5
05.) Chatham 6-4 190 19
06.) Patrick Co 5-5 185 18.5
07.) Floyd Co 3-7 175 17.5
08.) James River 3-7 159 15.

1C

01.) Grayson Co 9-1 231 23.1
02.) Narrows 8-2 223 22.3
03.) George Wythe 7-3 209 20.9
04.) Bath Co 9-1 202 20.2
05.) Galax 6-4 196 19.6
06.) Parry McCluer 6-4 168 16.8
07.) Fort Chiswell 4-6 156 15.6
08.) Giles 3-7 155 15.5

1D

01.) Honaker 10-0 260 26
02.) Rye Cove 9-1 224 22.4
03.) Twin Springs 8-2 194 19.4
04.) Patrick Henry 7-3 194 19.4
05.) Grundy 5-5 181 18.1
06.) Chilhowie 5-5 177 17.7
07.) Eastside 6-4 177 17.7
08.) Rural Retreat 5-5 173 17.3
Edited by Union_Fan
After further review, I think TS gets the tie over PH. Updated to record the East Mont/Twin Valley Game

3 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

That Appo team in 2C is one that I would watch. Perfect position for them. And believe me I almost guarantee they are probably as good or better than 1 and 2.

Have you actually watched Radford this year? Appo could knock them off but they aren’t the better team. 

Just now, BigWinners said:

Have you actually watched Radford this year? Appo could knock them off but they aren’t the better team. 

Radford doesn't get the benefit of the doubt after last year.

1 minute ago, CPF said:

Radford doesn't get the benefit of the doubt after last year.

Fair but I think they are better this season and Appo is a bit worse. But they’re def good, that Buckingham W just keeps lookin better. I wouldn’t be shocked if Appo won but Radford is the better team and has made it look easy so far. 

8 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

I have seen film of Radford and yes they are really good. However Appo just seems to be their Achilles Heel so to speak.

I agree with that. Wouldn’t be shocked if Appo won but Radford has all the pieces if they can put it in overdrive and not be outcoached 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

I agree with that. Wouldn’t be shocked if Appo won but Radford has all the pieces if they can put it in overdrive and not be outcoached 

That’s a lot of ifs when you consider it’s high school football.

1 minute ago, sup_rbeast said:

That’s a lot of ifs when you consider it’s high school football.

But they’ll also have the best player on the field in any game they play all year. A game changing QB is hard to stop at this level, I just worry about Crist keeping them together. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

But they’ll also have the best player on the field in any game they play all year. A game changing QB is hard to stop at this level, I just worry about Crist keeping them together. 

Radford is never a safe bet when anything is on the line.

17 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

I have seen film of Radford and yes they are really good. However Appo just seems to be their Achilles Heel so to speak.

Appo has been the Achilles heel for the entire region and even more for Glenvar than Radford. Keep your eyes on Gretna in that region. New coach, very smart, athletes all over the field, blazing fast defense. 

5 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Honaker is the clear favorite in 1D but the rest of the games should be fun.  I have no clue who’ll they’ll see in the region final.  I want to say Rye Cove to Eastside could make a run.  

If it happens, I think RC wins the rematch with Honaker. Just a feeling.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

“Outcoached” is the key word. Appomattox can out coach Crist any day of the week but maybe Radford’s talent can carry them to beat Appo. 

1 hour ago, Wolf1207 said:

Honaker is the clear favorite in 1D but the rest of the games should be fun.  I have no clue who’ll they’ll see in the region final.  I want to say Rye Cove to Eastside could make a run.  

I know a 10-0 record makes it seem like they would be a clear favorite but the #2, #4 & #8 seeds all took them down to the wire in the regular season. 

@Union_Fan, @VHSLhelper

WSLS News 10 has Giles finishing 8th and playing Grayson. I know I should never doubt either of you but could something have potentially been missed or is it likely a flaw from whoever runs the numbers for the news? I just need confirmation before I start running my mouth for the next 7 days 

Holston got the cheathowie treatment. You never play cheathowie close at their lil hole. Been that way for years n years. You either blow them out or it's close and you lose🤷

When refs run off the field immediately after the last play something just doesn't seem right.

At least Marion gets to play one more game before Gate City blows us out again