Union Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

Tazewell fans should be incredibly proud of their team. From the start, you could tell that they were ready to play and believed they could win.

Creasy was spot on for the short and intermediate passing. I don't know how many long passes he tried, but he truly didn't have much time to wait for receivers to get down field.

I think I was more impressed with the D. They were quick and swarmed to the ball.

Dogs had their opportunities to take the lead, and the Bears had the opportunity to score more points. Combination of events prevented that for both teams.

The INT at the goal line was a huge momentum swing to the Bears, and the final one of the game. Tazewell had a few swings earlier.

Great game by both teams and thought it was pretty clean too.

Would still love to know what the Tazewell lady was blessing the ref out over.

We knew it was going to be a battle and would require our best. We did not get that offensively. Overall, it was a very bad offensive performance. With that said, the O line and Keith Chandler delivered on a 99.5 yard drive that took 7-8 minutes off the clock in the 4th. Survive and advance. 

Big shout out to Union and their fans for the great atmosphere and the sportsmanlike behavior from players and fans.  Very good venue, nice crowd and respectful fans.  Great programs do it the right way, I commend Union and their team.

No trash talking coaches or trash talking players and fans, just good football.  It is appreciated, we don't always get that treatment when we play away.

For the record, I don’t think Union has a low offensive ceiling. They have plenty of playmakers and plenty of sets/wrinkles to go around. Credit the Tazewell defense. However, Union shot themselves in the foot many times with penalties. (Again) 

Sometimes you just get into situational battles and don’t execute the way you should. Again, credit Tazewell. 

11 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

For the record, I don’t think Union has a low offensive ceiling. They have plenty of playmakers and plenty of sets/wrinkles to go around. Credit the Tazewell defense. However, Union shot themselves in the foot many times with penalties. (Again) 

Sometimes you just get into situational battles and don’t execute the way you should. Again, credit Tazewell. 

We just don’t have that back who can take it 70 yards back this season.  Chandler will get a big run or two but no home run hitters this season 

Was as expected.  Dawgs have some athletes,  but got a lot of help from union almost coming apart in the 3rd. Creasy looked decent at times but for whatever reason getting back on the wr's at the line and manning up wasn't a good idea on the 3rd. It disrupted what taz tried to do.  When union didn't tighten up,  creasy nickel and died them pretty good. Don't know how many seniors taz roster has but they gotta decent thing going.  Good game and good luck next week U.

Union showed good speed, physicality , pressure on Qb and tacking in space

tazewell chick showed good change of appearance when the deputy sheriffs came over, took toboggan and jacket off, fluffed her hair and covered up with a blanket, lol !

1 minute ago, Yoder said:

tazewell chick showed good change of appearance when the deputy sheriffs came over, took toboggan and jacket off, fluffed her hair and covered up with a blanket, lol !

Maybe she sat with some Ridgeview fans last week and thought we were holding?

5 minutes ago, Yoder said:

Just my opinion, but I see O’quinn as the better qb. Better arm, accuracy, and mobility 

Yep, but the way things go if union wins region and Anderson does well it'll be a hard argument. If not it'll be a pissing contest between rv and taz at that meeting.  But taz mom's they mean today. 

21 minutes ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Yep, but the way things go if union wins region and Anderson does well it'll be a hard argument. If not it'll be a pissing contest between rv and taz at that meeting.  But taz mom's they mean today. 

Yeppers, she was mean !

51 minutes ago, Yoder said:

Just my opinion, but I see O’quinn as the better qb. Better arm, accuracy, and mobility 

I honestly don’t know neither had time to throw.  Creasy had to be sacked at least 7 times today 

12 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I honestly don’t know neither had time to throw.  Creasy had to be sacked at least 7 times today 

BIG STONE GAP — Carter Creasy’s arm sure enough made an impact, but Union’s defense wouldn’t allow much else.
The “Monsters of the Greenway” held Tazewell to negative rushing yardage and helped ice the game with a late turnover, keeping Union’s season alive. The Bears clinched their first Region 2D championship appearance in three seasons with Saturday’s 27-6 win over Tazewell at Bullitt Park.
Kam Bostic produced two of the game’s biggest plays for Union, the second coming when he intercepted Creasy at the Bears’ 1-yard line. Leading 12-6 at that point, Union (11-1) then drove 99 yards for a touchdown, before forcing a turnover on downs and adding another score just two plays later.
“One of the better games our defense has played as a unit,” Bears coach Travis Turner said. “Our linebackers did a good job stopping the inside run game, and our defensive backs played lights out.”
Braxton Bunch grabbed the other of two interceptions for Union, which held the Bulldogs to minus-10 yards rushing and recorded six sacks.
As for Bostic’s other big play, it came when he fired a 6-yard touchdown to quarterback Reyshawn Anderson on a trick play, giving the Bears a 12-0 halftime lead.
CALLING ON KEITH
Sophomore workhorse Keith Chandler scored twice for Union, gaining 146 yards on 26 carries to spearhead the Bears' 291-yard rushing effort.
“Keith played really well on both sides, especially on defense,” Turner said. “Tazewell had a good game plan coming in. I think our D-line just did a good job getting off blocks quickly, and our inside linebackers did a good job whenever (Creasy) stepped up and scrambled.”
Turner also praised the lead blocking of Poppy Lowery and Keyshawn Anderson whenever Chandler carried the ball. Lowery himself ran twice for 26 yards.
THE LEADERS
Reyshawn Anderson accounted for a rushing touchdown as well, gaining 78 yards on 16 carries while completing 6 of 11 passes for 51 yards. Paul Huff had 51 yards on five receptions.
Creasy went 22-for-32 for 202 yards and a third-quarter touchdown to lead the Bulldogs (8-4).
UP NEXT
Union entertains Graham for the Region 2D championship at Bullitt Park.

2 hours ago, Yoder said:

Did they catch her after the wardrobe change lol!!!

2 hours ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Was as expected.  Dawgs have some athletes,  but got a lot of help from union almost coming apart in the 3rd. Creasy looked decent at times but for whatever reason getting back on the wr's at the line and manning up wasn't a good idea on the 3rd. It disrupted what taz tried to do.  When union didn't tighten up,  creasy nickel and died them pretty good. Don't know how many seniors taz roster has but they gotta decent thing going.  Good game and good luck next week U.

Tazewell has 8 seniors.  Alley, Zeigler, Taylor, Asbury, Rizo, Childress. Gillespie and Patterson 

I have often times been a critic of Tazewell not playing with energy or having a bad mindset. This Tazewell team turned a corner in my opinion this year. They may not have beaten a great team but they never gave up like years past. If they can continue to build off what this team has started it'll a big step in the right direction. The talent is there.

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

I have often times been a critic of Tazewell not playing with energy or having a bad mindset. This Tazewell team turned a corner in my opinion this year. They may not have beaten a great team but they never gave up like years past. If they can continue to build off what this team has started it'll a big step in the right direction. The talent is there.

The team that stepped onto that field today was way different than the one that showed up at Ridgeview last year! They played hard & with heart today! They had a great group of Senior leadership! Congratulations to the Bulldogs on a great season & showing today.