Gate City vs Graham

Gridiron60

40 minutes ago, LacesOutDan23 said:

Over/Under 10 penalties, 100 penalty yards for the G-men. Any takers. 

I don’t know the penalty yardage for the Lee High game but it seems GMen have cleaned up penalties quite a bit compared to earlier in the season. 

2 hours ago, LacesOutDan23 said:

Over/Under 10 penalties, 100 penalty yards for the G-men. Any takers. 

Under.  I wrote about Graham and the penalties before the Pulaski game and stated on here I think it's likely too late for the crew in Bluefield on the penalty/mental focus part because once teams get this late in the season with the penalties, bad snaps regularly, lack of mental focus issues, because it becomes a habit by game 8ish and it's just rare that it would be fixed to sustain a team in the playoffs.  I was.....wrong again.  At least, I think I was wrong because Graham kind of started the much less penalty thing with the Pulaski game and doesn't seem to have reverted back.  That's not a good sign for opponents.  

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t know the penalty yardage for the Lee High game but it seems GMen have cleaned up penalties quite a bit compared to earlier in the season. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Under.  I wrote about Graham and the penalties before the Pulaski game and stated on here I think it's likely too late for the crew in Bluefield on the penalty/mental focus part because once teams get this late in the season with the penalties, bad snaps regularly, lack of mental focus issues, because it becomes a habit by game 8ish and it's just rare that it would be fixed to sustain a team in the playoffs.  I was.....wrong again.  At least, I think I was wrong because Graham kind of started the much less penalty thing with the Pulaski game and doesn't seem to have reverted back.  That's not a good sign for opponents.  

One thing to keep in mind. You don't get near as many holding or unsportsmanlike penalties when you're winning by 40 points. Graham hasn't had much competition since Pulaski.

Union and Graham are very similar with the penalties and tight games usually bring them out.

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

One thing to keep in mind. You don't get near as many holding or unsportsmanlike penalties when you're winning by 40 points. Graham hasn't had much competition since Pulaski.

Union and Graham are very similar with the penalties and tight games usually bring them out.

Pulaski wasn't much competition.  A team that gives up 40 + a game is not good competition.  Union is the best team by far that Graham had played all season 

8 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Pulaski wasn't much competition.  A team that gives up 40 + a game is not good competition.  Union is the best team by far that Graham had played all season 

Suppose you are correct about Pulaski. Graham has taken care of most of the weaker teams the way they should have.

If Union and Graham are fortunate enough to meet next week, I still dread it regardless of the schedule. Will be a tough out for sure.

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Suppose you are correct about Pulaski. Graham has taken care of most of the weaker teams the way they should have.

If Union and Graham are fortunate enough to meet next week, I still dread it regardless of the schedule. Will be a tough out for sure.

Yes, I Still think Union will win the battle on the line of scrimmage, if those 2 teams meet and that is big this time of year. 

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Neither Union or Graham would win Pulaski's district.  They might not give up 40 a game but the wouldn't win many either. 

3 minutes ago, GGH32 said:

Neither Union or Graham would win Pulaski's district.  They might not give up 40 a game but the wouldn't win many either. 

Cave Spring, Blacksburg, and Hidden Valley aren't good teams. Christiansburg would be close. They wouldn't beat Salem or PH. 

Okay so one would be third and one would be fourth?  My point to the op was that it's not fair to knock PC for giving up 40+ a game when PC ( also played Princeton and Botetourt) is playing a lot tougher schedule than Graham or Union.  I get it, everyone here loves a Union - Graham matchup. I do too!  But to think either would be the class of 3A is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, GGH32 said:

Okay so one would be third and one would be fourth?  My point to the op was that it's not fair to knock PC for giving up 40+ a game when PC ( also played Princeton and Botetourt) is playing a lot tougher schedule than Graham or Union.  I get it, everyone here loves a Union - Graham matchup. I do too!  But to think either would be the class of 3A is ridiculous. 

Don't think anyone ever said that.

13 minutes ago, GGH32 said:

Yeah it’s not like Union played Science Hill, Morristown West, Graham and always scrimmages Elizabethton. They only play nobodies. 

1 hour ago, GGH32 said:

And I feel confident in writing that if Pulaski were in Graham or Unions districts, they wouldn't win either because...Graham and Union are in those districts

48 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

You’re being a douche for no reason. I just said Union isn’t a team that loads up on cupcakes. 

Douche?  Lol. You're the one getting worked up over a high school football team. The op (original post that I quoted) said that PC was giving up 40+ a game, that's fair, because they did. My point is, that week in and week out Graham and Union ( who are the class of the swva) don't play the schedule that PC does.  You can say all you want about the bottom half of PC's district but those guys play a different level of football. That's why there are 6 classes you douche. If there wasn't this discussion board wouldn't exist. 

40 minutes ago, GGH32 said:

Douche?  Lol. You're the one getting worked up over a high school football team. The op (original post that I quoted) said that PC was giving up 40+ a game, that's fair, because they did. My point is, that week in and week out Graham and Union ( who are the class of the swva) don't play the schedule that PC does.  You can say all you want about the bottom half of PC's district but those guys play a different level of football. That's why there are 6 classes you douche. If there wasn't this discussion board wouldn't exist. 

Have you taken your meds today?  Good Grief.

30 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Have you taken your meds today?  Good Grief.

Lol. No meds required here!  I can still get it up without help, unlike most of you homers. I've learned my lesson to not go against the grain. Carry on!!