Riverheads 2A title odds ?

RichRich

One thing that should work in Riverheads' favor is their offensive style of play. That under-center, two TE Wing-T is a rarity these days and I'm sure it's tough to prepare for in a week.

I've always rooted against them because I hated seeing them dominate smaller schools in Class 1 but I hope they make the Class 2 final. It would be an interesting game against Radford, Union or Graham.

12 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

They have had 2a numbers for the past 10 years this is not shocking they are competitive in the 2a playoffs. It's extremely sad they petitioned to play down.

Its not just Football . Riverheads will struggle in all the other sports . The football program is special , that is where the conversation ends . JMO

2 hours ago, hoard said:

One thing that should work in Riverheads' favor is their offensive style of play. That under-center, two TE Wing-T is a rarity these days and I'm sure it's tough to prepare for in a week.

I've always rooted against them because I hated seeing them dominate smaller schools in Class 1 but I hope they make the Class 2 final. It would be an interesting game against Radford, Union or Graham.

While Riverheads is not there yet, one more game to go, Uncle Percy says probably Riverheads against these 3. Redford will be out coached, they will out physical Union, and Graham is the wild card. Graham outcome will depend on how many penalties, especially unsportsmanlike, they get whistled for and if they can contain Graham’s speed.

2 minutes ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

While Riverheads is not there yet, one more game to go, Uncle Percy says probably Riverheads against these 3. Redford will be out coached, they will out physical Union, and Graham is the wild card. Graham outcome will depend on how many penalties, especially unsportsmanlike, they get whistled for and if they can contain Graham’s speed.

That’s Radford, not Redford. Uncle Percy’s comments about spell check have to be censored.

For state title winners, we often see a super senior at the helm, an elite type player thst just dominates and has D1 offers. This favors Riverheads and Graham and Radford and not Union and not Poquoson. The thing is, I think Union is as good or better than all of em, but historically going by odds, this goes against Union. So many times, an Appo team with Scruggs or Trey Lawing or Graham with the Defensive stud who had D1 offers last year or Graham with Cam Allen in 2018 or King William with Claiborne. We see the picture over and over. This year, 3 seniors with D1 offers in Clark from Radford, Clements from Graham, and Cash from Riverheads. 

With all of the above written, I think Union wins the state championship.

24 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

The team they play in football in the semis will be a load in wrestling for the Big Red. The Bull Islanders are a machine in wrestling much like Riverheads is, and they have a lot of titles.

True, but they got away from Grundy. 

Are they better off in 2A in wrestling? No Grundy or Rural Retreat. Honest question. 

6 minutes ago, EH31 said:

True, but they got away from Grundy. 

Are they better off in 2A in wrestling? No Grundy or Rural Retreat. Honest question. 

Definitely better off getting away from Grundy, but overall competition might not get easier because Poquoson has like 10 titles and Strasburg has about 5. But, anytime you can get away from Grundy, you are in good shape. I still think Poquoson and Strasburg will kind of form that 2 team hump for Riverheads like Grundy and Rural Retreat has in Class 1. Could be wrong though. 

4 hours ago, RedPrideNation said:

We will see, I see this group having legit chance at 3 individual titles but likely not enough depth this year for a team title. 

I think aa is  weaker than a as far as being able to win an individual title

If i had to choose now I'd give them a 50/50 shot. Id guess they wont have much trouble with poquoson. Thats a bit of a guess tho as theres not much film on them. But wat little video ive watched they dont look as strong as some lead on. They do have a nice RB combo. One that has really good speed and change of direction and the other more of a bruiser type. Id say its Riverheads and Radford.  If neither have a bad game id go with Radford 

4 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

If i had to choose now I'd give them a 50/50 shot. Id guess they wont have much trouble with poquoson. Thats a bit of a guess tho as theres not much film on them. But wat little video ive watched they dont look as strong as some lead on. They do have a nice RB combo. One that has really good speed and change of direction and the other more of a bruiser type. Id say its Riverheads and Radford.  If neither have a bad game id go with Radford 

Radford gotta get through Graham first pal.