Region Finals Scores and Updates.

Real Sasquatch

14 hours ago, EH31 said:

Tazewell finished the season 8-4 with losses to:

12-1 Princeton (AAA WV state finalist)

12-1 Riverheads (state semi-finalist)

11-1 Union (state semi-finalist or region finalist)

11-1 graham (state semi-finalist or region finalist)

I don’t think Tazwell is bad and they’ve only lost to very very good teams. But what’s their best win? The really good team they beat to prove they were truly a top tier team? RV wasn’t very good by the time they played. I think they are on the same plane as GC this year. Capable of beating decent teams, could knock off a big name on the right day but just a step behind the top of the region. 

33 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I don’t think Tazwell is bad and they’ve only lost to very very good teams. But what’s their best win? The really good team they beat to prove they were truly a top tier team? RV wasn’t very good by the time they played. I think they are on the same plane as GC this year. Capable of beating decent teams, could knock off a big name on the right day but just a step behind the top of the region. 

I just said who they lost to & what their records are. Didn’t really mean anything more than that. They beat everyone else on their schedule so there’s something to be said for not losing a game you’re expected to win.

Can’t control having Richlands, Marion, VA High & Lebanon on the schedule. Out of district schedule didn’t look bad when scheduling it.  Playing Union tight at BSG was hopefully a big step in the right direction.

I think most teams around here would finish with 3-4 losses playing that schedule. Just gotta figure out going forward how to cut those to 1 or 2.. or 0 would be better. 

next year will be tough opening up with away trips to Princeton & Riverheads in weeks 1 & 2.