Jason Mullins out at Central

Observer

45 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Helped his wife coach GC volleyball this past season I believe.  

Also coaches boys track and field.

4 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Does anyone know what he is up to these days?  Is he still in coaching?

As long as he is not anywhere near the football team at GC, it doesn't matter what he does!

The three names I have heard are Amburgey, Ricker, or Hall. Was then told potentially to make a push for Ricker as HC Hall as OC. (Precursor) I don’t know if either of the three would be interested nor if this is even factual My question is.. is it too late to call Luke or BI back?

On 1/31/2024 at 4:45 PM, sixcat said:

Honestly never heard of Bonanza before this thread. The only time I ever remember hearing of a Ponderosa was when the DC Sniper killed someone at the Ashland Ponderosa right down the street from my wife's sorority sisters house. 

there is a ponderosa still open in Ripley WVA,  

9 hours ago, 276 for the win said:

The three names I have heard are Amburgey, Ricker, or Hall. Was then told potentially to make a push for Ricker as HC Hall as OC. (Precursor) I don’t know if either of the three would be interested nor if this is even factual My question is.. is it too late to call Luke or BI back?

On 2/3/2024 at 8:10 PM, Jags52 said:

Sounds like a hire from within to me

a lot of different opinions on this job. Few say within, few say on outside. I don’t think anyone knows at this point

On 2/4/2024 at 5:39 PM, BearsFan88 said:

Sounds like Wise County. 

13 hours ago, 276 for the win said:

I dont see Amburgy leaving Abingdon. I just personally think Abingdon is a better job until you get to the post season. I can see Ricker leaving John Battle. Battle is just a tough place to coach football. They have the athletes but they seem to have a hard time getting guys out.

Why would Ricker come to Wise? Outside of playing football at UVa-Wise he has no connection. Throw in he's from Battle and so is his wife, it makes little sense. Also, nobody has ever had long term success at Wise in football. They've ran off every good football coach they have ever had dating back to Riggs.

21 hours ago, BSG Historian said:

Why would Ricker come to Wise? Outside of playing football at UVa-Wise he has no connection. Throw in he's from Battle and so is his wife, it makes little sense. Also, nobody has ever had long term success at Wise in football. They've ran off every good football coach they have ever had dating back to Riggs.

Wise does have better facilities, I’m assuming the baseball coach doesn’t talk the best athletes in the school out of playing football. Over the past 10 years wise has won almost 20 more games. He was also the AD at Battle he could be looking for a fresh start without all the extra stuff that an AD has to do. If a coach is gonna move with in a district you better be going to a better situation which I believe he is.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:11 PM, 276 for the win said:

Maybe if we pray hard enough, BI will make his return 😂

On 2/10/2024 at 9:29 PM, Union_Fan said:

I'm not sure if enough retirements, from the School Board Office, have taken place to allow BI to come back to the county, given the real reason behind his resignation.

Kick that cup of tea on over and fill us in.

Have interviews started? Its growing season for High school athletes, just curious because this could make an impact on an incoming coach ?  One of my friends coached against them this year and said it could be a fast turn around with all the young kids they have!

2 hours ago, TnT+h said:

Have interviews started? Its growing season for High school athletes, just curious because this could make an impact on an incoming coach ?  One of my friends coached against them this year and said it could be a fast turn around with all the young kids they have!

There have been 15-20 in the weight room consistently. Even though HC is vacant, an assistant has been manning the weight room for the time being.

No Clue on interviews, I know the posted job states it closes on 2-29