Jason Mullins out at Central

Observer

1 hour ago, cityofRaven said:

Two great areas in SWVA are now without a head football coach.

Which one will Bill Belichick chose?

Both Lebanon and Wise offer tremendous eateries, shopping options, and scenic views...

Could come down to the wire in this one.

Gotta be Wise on this one.  Walmart and Mexican and Asia Cafe within a 2 minute drive.  

5 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Gotta be Wise on this one.  Walmart and Mexican and Asia Cafe within a 2 minute drive.  

The Lebanese Walmart is tremendous with a great Mexican restaurant in the same shopping center and the Tokyo is tough to beat.

I think the kicker here is that their Bonanza is still thriving while the Wise one is not.

18 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

The Lebanese Walmart is tremendous with a great Mexican restaurant in the same shopping center and the Tokyo is tough to beat.

I think the kicker here is that their Bonanza is still thriving while the Wise one is not.

Bonanza? Wow, that's a blast from the past. Haven't heard that name in 30 years if you are talking about the old steakhouses. I thought they were long gone a 3rd of a century ago. 

18 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Bonanza? Wow, that's a blast from the past. Haven't heard that name in 30 years if you are talking about the old steakhouses. I thought they were long gone a 3rd of a century ago. 

It's essentially the thread holding Russell County together at the moment. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Should have been. Only three things are guaranteed in Lebanon. The two sports that are the most popular in our area are the worst of all of the programs. Honaker not putting Lebanon on the baseball schedule. And getting your a$$ blown out after eating at bonanza

43 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Should have been. Only three things are guaranteed in Lebanon. The two sports that are the most popular in our area are the worst of all of the programs. Honaker not putting Lebanon on the baseball schedule. And getting your a$$ blown out after eating at bonanza

Best cleanse that I've found.

Did some googling. Was about 700ish Bonanza and Pondersosas (same ownership) in the USA around 1990. By 2001, only 300. Today, only 13 total (Ponderosa and Bonanzas) and 9 or 10 of those 13 are Ponderosas, and only 3 or 4 Bonanzas left in the United States. Don't quote me on those numbers. They are close but might not be exact. I did the search last night.

Lebanon is kind of unique that it's only one out of 3 or 4 Bonanzas left in America regarding what once was, an outstanding steak house.  We are getting into "Tastee Freeze" territory here with only about 12 Tastee Freezes left in America. Just rare to find one, much like Lebanons Bonanza.

Just wait till that middle school team comes up! Winning will be so easy a caveman could do it and the unemployed Geico caveman needs a gig!

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Did some googling. Was about 700ish Bonanza and Pondersosas (same ownership) in the USA around 1990. By 2001, only 300. Today, only 13 total (Ponderosa and Bonanzas) and 9 or 10 of those 13 are Ponderosas, and only 3 or 4 Bonanzas left in the United States. Don't quote me on those numbers. They are close but might not be exact. I did the search last night.

Lebanon is kind of unique that it's only one out of 3 or 4 Bonanzas left in America regarding what once was, an outstanding steak house.  We are getting into "Tastee Freeze" territory here with only about 12 Tastee Freezes left in America. Just rare to find one, much like Lebanons Bonanza.

What about Rax?  Harlan, Kentucky still has one of those.  May have to stop in if I get up to Harlan County to watch a game in their barn this season.

1 hour ago, RichRich said:

Wise use to have one,  Pretty sure its were arbys is now.  Near  where bonanza was.  Best i can remember it had a little food bar.  The wendys there had a nice little bar too back in the day

Yeah was beside Arby’s the old bonanza is now a just grilling or just melt something like that 

8 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

We are getting into "Tastee Freeze" territory here with only about 12 Tastee Freezes left in America. Just rare to find one, much like Lebanons Bonanza.

I’m just glad in the absence of Tastee Freeze we still have some DQ’s in our area. Man, Tastee Freeze was great though. 

I love me some bonanzas but what’s going on there? They were almost there and hit tough times, can it be revived, is there some talent around