Jason Mullins out at Central

Observer

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Wouldn’t Trivette have to sit a year if she transferred again?  

Trivette going to Abingdon wasn't nearly as impactful as I thought it would be.  I think Richlands would have been pretty tough if she stayed. 

43 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Trivette going to Abingdon wasn't nearly as impactful as I thought it would be.  I think Richlands would have been pretty tough if she stayed. 

I agree. They certainly would have made a good run. Their current coaching staff seemed to do a good job this season and the players seemed to like them from what I heard. 

4 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

This is sarcasm right?  They had 18 more wins this year than last year and made the state playoffs winning the region.

18 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Wouldn’t Trivette have to sit a year if she transferred again?  

I doubt it.... 

This season, a girl transferred from Daniel Boone to Knoxville Catholic at the start of the school year, played to the Christmas break with Catholic, and then transferred back to Boone and was eligible immediately and finished out the season at Boone.

12 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

I'd say going from next to last in the district last year to a state semifinal appearance this year would say she was pretty impactful.

2 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

I'd say going from next to last in the district last year to a state semifinal appearance this year would say she was pretty impactful.

They didn't win the Mountain 7.  They were the 3rd or 4th best team in their own district and they would have been the 3rd or 4th best in the 2D Region.  Richlands could have done that, especially with Trivette.  This isn't a slight on the player as some have taken it.  I expected them to be at Central's level and they weren't.  They weren't at Ridgeview's level. That could be coaching, system, fit, etc.

3 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

They didn't win the Mountain 7.  They were the 3rd or 4th best team in their own district. Richlands could have done that, especially with Trivette. 

Not sure the quoted message above is the flex you seem to think it is. The Mountain 7 is the toughest district for girls basketball of the lower 3 classifications in the state. Central Wise might have been the favorite to win the Class 3 state title. 

On 3/20/2024 at 9:11 AM, RaiderNation said:

guy from PH Roanoke

On 3/20/2024 at 10:51 AM, sixcat said:

Alan Fiddler or one of his assistants?

Anyone have an answer?

11 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I doubt it.... 

This season, a girl transferred from Daniel Boone to Knoxville Catholic at the start of the school year, played to the Christmas break with Catholic, and then transferred back to Boone and was eligible immediately and finished out the season at Boone.

That’s Tennessee, right? Maybe someone else can clarify the rules for Virginia about multiple transfers. I could be off base about sitting a year. That could be an old rule or something I completely fabricated in my mind. 🤣

2nds apparently didn't provide any clarification, and a new mystery candidate will be given a interview this coming week. Rumor is he will get the job.

Not heard of any transfers but heard a lot of disgruntled parents at Central, but thats par for the course with Central parents(and really parents in general)

I am pretty sure the old rules (pre-LCA and John Marshall throwing all rules out the window) allow transfers to be eligible with a physical residence change without limit.  Extenuating circumstances such as those with Hammons at Eastside to transfer to JI Burton require a special approval.  

On 3/24/2024 at 1:24 AM, BKFootball said:

I almost feel like parents should be disgruntled just a little bit

It is getting pretty late in the year and the Head Coach search has taken awhile. Maybe its a indication of a thorough search? 

Looks like they were not too excited about the initial candidates first and second pass.  Makes me wonder if they are recruiting someone they like, hence the mystery candidate.  

There was one assistant that applied that I think deserves it out of any of them. He is with them every day in the weight room and has motivated mine to better himself. Regardless, idk that it could get worse than last year? 

14 hours ago, onewarrior2 said:

There was one assistant that applied that I think deserves it out of any of them. He is with them every day in the weight room and has motivated mine to better himself. Regardless, idk that it could get worse than last year? 

It always seems like those guys don't get elevated, doesn't it.  During the last RV change, they minimized the roll of the only coach that worked with the kids all summer.  The ones that never showed up to those voluntary workouts were promoted.  Hopefully his hard work will be properly recognized.  I do miss that RV/Central heated rivalry from 2019-2022.  Those were some good matchups of two talented teams that did NOT like each other very much.  Lol.

On 3/27/2024 at 12:17 AM, BKFootball said:

hopefully js gets it and can be the leader and motivator someone the kids look up to and in since fear. then we will make a run of something

If we’re thinking of the same PV graduate I can honestly say I agree. I played against him and always respected him. He has been busting ass with the kids that are putting work in, in the weight room and I can’t think of anyone else more deserving.

15 minutes ago, onewarrior2 said:

If we’re thinking of the same PV graduate I can honestly say I agree. I played against him and always respected him. He has been busting ass with the kids that are putting work in, in the weight room and I can’t think of anyone else more deserving.

Yeah that would be the same one.