Region 1D and 2D Region Tournament Boys Scores and Updates

1 minute ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Pretty good friends with a former Lee High player.  Her son plays for D-B now and made first team all conference this year.  I think they were really good back when she played for them back in the mid 90's.

I know at JJK Robin would schedule them for the great competition they'd have.

21 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Pretty good friends with a former Lee High player.  Her son plays for D-B now and made first team all conference this year.  I think they were really good back when she played for them back in the mid 90's.

Jessica was a pretty good ball player in her own right.  Cam had no choice but to be a good athlete lol.  He has a bright future in baseball!

Jessica was a pretty good ball player in her own right.  Cam had no choice but to be a good athlete lol.  He has a bright future in baseball!

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

VHS wins by eight, 55-47. Bearcats end Bears season and punch state tourney ticket. 

With a solid core of sophomores this Union team has a bright future, but they've got to find a big man.

35 minutes ago, Unchained said:

With a solid core of sophomores this Union team has a bright future, but they've got to find a big man.

And change up the style of play. Losing Reyshawn is a huge blow tho and I don’t know how’ll they replace him. With such a guard heavy team, why is Union playing games in the 40s? They should be pushing the pace and get more easy shots to make up for the half court deficiencies 

11 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

And change up the style of play. Losing Reyshawn is a huge blow tho and I don’t know how’ll they replace him. With such a guard heavy team, why is Union playing games in the 40s? They should be pushing the pace and get more easy shots to make up for the half court deficiencies 

I think the jv kid Ravon Jones is going to be a solid guard, but I'm not sure about the other. I agree with you on style of play. We should be running and gunning, but we allow ourselves to get sucked into muck up games:(

19 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

So... no M7 boys teams advance...

Same amount of SWD girls teams. 

I don’t think this shocks anyone, I posted in this thread I believe or the other one that Graham is a terrible matchup for GC. Those guards ate GC up after the half and they couldn’t just feed it to GG. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Same amount of SWD girls teams. 

I don’t think this shocks anyone, I posted in this thread I believe or the other one that Graham is a terrible matchup for GC. Those guards ate GC up after the half and they couldn’t just feed it to GG. 

I figured it could go either way. I’m still concerned if  Graham gets in foul trouble in any given game. They tend to have some really dumb fouls.

I’m guessing game will be at VA High not Gate City?? Anyone know for sure. 

10 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I figured it could go either way. I’m still concerned if  Graham gets in foul trouble in any given game. They tend to have some really dumb fouls.

They usually do this at a neutral. Could it possibly be Richlands? It’s the mid-point between the two.  

7 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

They usually do this at a neutral. Could it possibly be Richlands? It’s the mid-point between the two.  

I wasn’t sure since VA High won district, they’d get to host but neutral site like Richlands would be great, less driving, lol! 

47 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham, Virginia High, Martinsville, and Gretna are all very athletic. All 4 are good enough to win the west and all 4 are very close. 

Fairlawncat, the Mavahi-Radford game was two good defensive teams really going at one another. It was a battle. I thought Radford was very well coached and the kids played very hard. They just couldn't get anything going consistently on offense. Gretna is very athletic and deep. They are going to be a handful for the Dogs tonite.

I was thinking Lebanon or Abingdon may have been a likely change of venue.  VA High being the higher seed would have probably been right to have more say.  Maybe it was proposed and they couldnt agree to a different site and maybe VA High wants to keep Graham on the road longer.