State Finals Updates/Scores

Wise running away from JM and I would expect Eastside to win by more than Central will in the 1A game.  What I saw of Brunswick on film Im not sure they would have made it out of the Cumberland to the region tourney in our neck of the woods.  

Well done by Wise-Central.  I had JM winning, but close.  I will keep my pick for the following years though.  This will be the last year that JM's girls lose in Class 2 for a while.  This what the time to get a W and state title and it looks like Wise pulled it off.

24 minutes ago, EH31 said:

McAmis is very fun to watch. She was just that much better than everyone on the floor. 

It's crazy to watch her at 5-6 grabbing rebounds in between 6 footers. She's a star no doubt.

41-23 at the half with JM leading.  All the respect in the world to Va High.  Man, this bunch is something.  Mozzell (probably off on the spelling) could give a total of 2 rats arses about JM and how great they are.  That kid can play.   I know it sounds crazy and sure, VH is losing, but to be down by 18 at the half and holding them under 45 points is actually pretty darn impressive.  It will get worse in the 2nd half though as VH has major, major foul trouble.

8 minutes ago, Observer said:

Kudos to the Va High kids for not backing down.  Listening to these announcers try to validate what JM is doing is sickening.  They, and the VHSL, should be ashamed of themselves for doing what they're doing.  That wasn't a true 2A championship game that was just played.

Hatfield is an eastern Virginia guy anyway... He loves to see teams from this side of the state get beat down.

Guys I think what yall are saying is spot on about JM, but..............you don't get to start complaining now AFTER THE FACT. The time for that from a VH perspective or any other Class 2 perspective is Before the game, and of course many on here including myself did exactly that. We talked about the unfairness BEFORE the game was played.,BUT..........once you play the game and you submit to the system and become a mutual party to the unfairness, you can no longer complain about the unfairness (in my opinion) it's a bad take.

I stand by my statement a week ago. VH should not have played the game. Complaining about it now, after the game has been played is way too little, way too late. From any other team in Class 2s perspective, if you continue to play them, then you make your choice. We all have free will. When we make a choice to play, live by those consequences without complaint. Same thing goes for any team that would refuse to play them, live by those consequences.

All the VHSL cares about is the eastern side of the state,  much like government.  That's why they changed the bracket setup in 1A-3A so that region C and D can no longer meet up in the state finals.   They did not like it on the girls side when C\D were continuously dominating.

40 minutes ago, wdr31 said:

Congrats to Wise Central and VHS.  Eastsides turn to step up.

Congrats to both.  Wise Central a championship trophy, and for the Bearcats, memories of a great season.  

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

McAmis is very fun to watch. She was just that much better than everyone on the floor. 

Clay of Eastside reminds me a lot of McAmis.  Watching her play the two games against Honaker, similar mannerisms and scoring pretty much at will.  

34 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Guys I think what yall are saying is spot on about JM, but..............you don't get to start complaining now AFTER THE FACT. The time for that from a VH perspective or any other Class 2 perspective is Before the game, and of course many on here including myself did exactly that. We talked about the unfairness BEFORE the game was played.,BUT..........once you play the game and you submit to the system and become a mutual party to the unfairness, you can no longer complain about the unfairness (in my opinion) it's a bad take.

I stand by my statement a week ago. VH should not have played the game. Complaining about it now, after the game has been played is way too little, way too late. From any other team in Class 2s perspective, if you continue to play them, then you make your choice. We all have free will. When we make a choice to play, live by those consequences without complaint. Same thing goes for any team that would refuse to play them, live by those consequences.

I'll complain before, during and after if I so choose......

35 minutes ago, F@lcon said:

All the VHSL cares about is the eastern side of the state,  much like government.  That's why they changed the bracket setup in 1A-3A so that region C and D can no longer meet up in the state finals.   They did not like it on the girls side when C\D were continuously dominating.

Could you all imagine if a school tried to do this on our end of the state??  NO WAY the VHSL would let them play!!!