SWD Next Year?

grundysports

[ QUOTE ]

there's a few guys from richlands who play football on my team in pctn every year.....they're real smart and very fundamental...they have good coaching down there, thats what makes the difference between 8-3 and 14-0.....tazewell has a good coach but i just dont think he knows where to put his players and our offensive imagination is downright awful.....i think the pee wee leagues run more imaginative offenses....lol

[/ QUOTE ]\

we could get Harris hart and Tom Keene back for ya. Now there was some imagination!Just imagine what that would be like again!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

mance is going to put a 1st team all state WR at qb???

[/ QUOTE ]It sounds crazy, but with not much experience at QB, it's a good option. When Fuller was in he ran the offense just as good as McCracken did. They'll still have good recievers, Matt Davis will probobly be the main guy, and Shane Wicks will get thrown to alot IMO. I would like to see Joel be the QB tho. He ran well and scored a couple TD's in mop up duty this year. But in most cases, putting your best athlete (Fuller) at QB works. Ask Rockbridge.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

there's a few guys from richlands who play football on my team in pctn every year.....they're real smart and very fundamental...they have good coaching down there, thats what makes the difference between 8-3 and 14-0.....tazewell has a good coach but i just dont think he knows where to put his players and our offensive imagination is downright awful.....i think the pee wee leagues run more imaginative offenses....lol

[/ QUOTE ]\

we could get Harris hart and Tom Keene back for ya. Now there was some imagination!Just imagine what that

would be like again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Harris Hart was a heck of a football coach when i played for him! Tom Keene was a good coach too! Those guys didnt give up on Tazewell, Tazewell gave up on them. Look at what Coach Hart has done at Bland County.....when given support and not influenced by the boosters, Hart is one of the best coaches around.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

we could get Harris hart and Tom Keene back for ya. Now there was some imagination!Just imagine what that

would be like again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Harris Hart was a heck of a football coach when i played for him! Tom Keene was a good coach too! Those guys didnt give up on Tazewell, Tazewell gave up on them. Look at what Coach Hart has done at Bland County.....when given support and not influenced by the boosters, Hart is one of the best coaches around.

[/ QUOTE ]

UHHHH yeah right! LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

would be like again!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will agree also, Hart and Grindstaff know how to and love working with the kids, I played for them in middle school and again my senior year!!! Great coaches and guys at that!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

would be like again!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes true but......lol.. he was always influenced by the boosters

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they did when i coached.......lol... thats why tazewell couldnt beat the same team twice and never won the second half except maybe one game...against abingdon i think. no imagination. you get predictable and run the same thing over and over and then they know exacly what you are doing

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

would be like again!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UHHHH yeah right! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

why all the hate toward Harris Hart?? He must've started over you in school or something.....i dont know. But prior to 2002, Harris Hart was one of the best coaches around.

I'm curious to see if Austin's growth rate is at a end. At 200lbs if he gains anymore he might be thinkin about tight-end. If he and the other seniors will lead, reach down and grab them under classman by the shoulder and say "follow me", Richlands will be special next year. The trick to me will be how to arrive at the moviation that they had this year, but watchin these coaches I know its already cookin.

If theres anything ive learned from this year its that great expectations can also bring great heartbreak.so do get your hopes all built up because they can crumble real fast.you can only be so good for so long then it ends just as fast as it started.all good things must come to an end.learn it,live it,believe it.

[ QUOTE ]

If theres anything ive learned from this year its that great expectations can also bring great heartbreak.so do get your hopes all built up because they can crumble real fast.you can only be so good for so long then it ends just as fast as it started.all good things must come to an end.learn it,live it,believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure richlands will be very good for at least 2 more years.........the only variable that i see would be injuries

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

we could get Harris hart and Tom Keene back for ya. Now there was some imagination!Just imagine what that would be like again!

[/ QUOTE ]

What ya hating on Tommy for?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And then again great expectations can also bring a Virginia AA D3 STate title to SWVA and the town of Richlands,as we did with the expectations of one. I kno wat ur saying it wont happen that often and not every year but everyone should expect a team to bring the trophy home...whether it be RIchlands,Graham,grundy,t-town.clintwood,pocy,bluefield,GC,CC or whoever.

[ QUOTE ]

Fuller can be just as dangerous at QB but I think Elswick will take the job. He'll benefit from camps and 7 on 7. I think Addison will play WR with Schwiengruber and Sizemore in the mix at TB.

[/ QUOTE ]

as good as fuller is at receiver (best i've seen at this level in the area) i can't imagine not using him at qb next year......he has a big arm and is,, in my opinion, the best athlete by far, returning in the region........i would think that you wound want to get him the ball as often as possible next year and if he plays qb he will be touching it every play....as for receivers, he has davis, addison (if he doesn't move to tb) and several others.......i honestly expect next year's team to challenge this year's team in points per game....

You're right. I think his performance in Lynchburg, receiving, rushing and passing, shows why you want to get him the ball. When you think about it he's Timmy Brown, Justin McCracken and Rob Stanton all rolled into one. The main reason I want to see Elswick is because he'll be the front runner to start in 2008 anyway and I'd like him to have a year under his belt rather than have a first year senior starter two years in a row.

Greg probably wants to have Joel start as well, and might even have Austin start the season and then move Joel in. Greg knows what he is doing, haha I will just leave it up to him! Good thing is if Austin does start at QB (and I think he will) he will get his hands on the ball every offensive snap. Already talking lineups, geeez I don't know if I can wait 8 months!!

well at this point anything is possible.its still 2006.every team has their glory days.i know the g-men have had theirs thats for sure and plenty of them.the graham-richlands series is a good one but graham holds the edge 27-17 since 1973 if you include playoffs its 27-19 i would expect the g-men will be increasing these numbers in the near future.