What about softball?

thssoph07

Stiltner is a good athlete, but she is not the best infielder Richlands has. Hurt, Hogston, Proffitt, are all just as good! Stiltner is a big help to the defense, she covers a lot of ground, but she throws sidearm. She is a big help, but all the other girls are just as good. She could have helped them Im sure, but one player doesn't make that big of a difference. It takes a whole team to win. Im not knocking her, b/c i think she is a great athlete, just not the best Richlands has.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kobidog, where did u learn about softball???? ur best player doesn't have to play short stop! Have u ever seen all the other girls play? U need to watch and learn before you make comments that you have absolutely no clue about! I never said Stiltner wasnt a good athlete. She is!! That's true. But she is not the best richlands has. The other girls are as equally good or better! And yes, Proffitt is probably the best player richlands has this year. But when you look at the other girls like McCowan, Street, Hurt, and Hogston, these girls are just as good as her! Not to mention Jenny Keene. She could definately give Stiltner a run for her money at short stop. Not only is she quick, but her arm is stronger. however, her lack of varsity experience is a negative factor! Anyway, my point is, stiltner is a good athlete but NOT the best richlands has. I've been watching these girls forever and I have seen them all play. Every girls brings something different to the team and they are all individually the best!

no, im not on the team!!!Get your informaiton STRAIGHT!! i never said Stiltner wasn't the best! Did u not read my post correctly?? I said stiltner is one of the best, however, not the best! All those girls are great athletes and they each bring a piece to the table! Proffitt probably is the "standout player" simply because she will lead the team this year! I never said stiltner wasnt good, just not the best! GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT before you make FALSE ACCUSATIONS!

Stiltner might just be the best tho IMO of course you have yours and i agree they are all good. I just feel like she is probly the best on the team as an infielder and hitting.But Proffit is the best pitcher and she can also swing the stick. As for Jenny, shes awsome but i dont see her takin Stiltner's spot this year or next year for the cause that Stiltner has experience and she is just better right now. But Jenny's future is bright, she didnt even play JV basket ball she jumped right to Varsity and was the best player on the team and she played JV softball as a 8th grader and now is on the Varsity team as a Freshman, so thats gotta tell u sumtin bout the gurl.

lets leave all the summer league ball and all the other stuff in the past....let the scoreboards do the talking!I agree with bigbluefan4life....we are all good players..... we work as a team we work as a team to make each other look goodwe don't try to out do one another cause we want to win....cause if we play as individuals...we lose!! REMEMBER...TEAM...together everyone achieves more!

i have been watching these girls for years. i cant believe u people! i never said stiltner is not a good athlete. JUST NOT THE BEST! I think all those girls are good athletes! Stiltner is not the stand out player on that team! I know! Do the headlines read...STILTNER & The Blues?? NOPE! they read LADY BLUES...as in a TEAM! Softball_pitcher, you are exactly right! You girls do play as a team and thats what makes you all a good bunch of girls!

I've played ball with these girls all my life!! All those girls are amazing athletes (just as I have said before)!! In my opinion...not one out shines the other. They are good athletes and have their high moments! Some days some girls are better than the others and vice versa! They all have their good and bad days...it's all part of the game! It's ridiculous to argue over who the better player is....b/c e'one is gonna have a different opinion! <font color="blue"> </font> *Go Lady Blues* *Go Lady Blues*

And i never said that u said she wasnt a good athlete i was just statin my opinion, sorry. But i didnt say i didnt agree with u or with everyone else bout it bein a team, trust me i know cause u dont go 21-0 in baseball last year and have one player lead the way or go or 11-2 in football this year and not play as a team but sorry if i was pullin your string i didnt mean nething by it.

And i never said that u said she wasnt a good athlete i was just statin my opinion, sorry. But i didnt say i didnt agree with u or with everyone else bout it bein a team, trust me i know cause u dont go 21-0 in baseball last year and have one player lead the way or go or 11-2 in football this year and not play as a team but sorry if i was rubbin ya the wrong way i didnt mean nething by it.

bluefan,ican't believe you ask kobidog such a question,here's a person that has forgot more about softball than you and i will ever know.Sorry my bad you must not know who kobidog is.No offence to you bbfL cool.gif

Know what, you people kill me, You talkin all these smack but yet most of you are not even on the team, you don't know what goes on in practice, you don't know who gets pressured in game situations you anything!!!! I think that SOFTBALL PITCHER put it best we have to play as a team to win anything and as far as the whole little league situation goes you know they were there and we did beat them. so that is what I have to say on the LL aspect and You know Stiltner is a good player she really is but every girl on the team brings a part to it there is NO who is better and these girls know that. I thik we all feel that we have to play as a TEAM to get anywhere, also Proffitt is good to but you know If McCowan was not back there to catch the balls she throws then how far would you get and if Stiltner is not on second when McCowan throws down then you get no where if Bailey is not on first when a grounder is hit then how do we play on getting anyone out!! Do you see where I am going with this? Everyone has to play a part it is a TEAM EFFORT HERE!!!!!!!!!

Well said RHS14! People always want to focus on one player and sometimes forget that their are 8 other players on the field! It takes all of you girls to win....the girls on the field and the ones in the dugout! That's what makes it a TEAM! *laughs* I'd really like to see 1 person beat 9 players!

A lot of folks don't live in va. and we like to know whats going on in The Old Home Town,thats why we ask questions about different players.It always takes 7 in the field 1 on the mound and agood catcher that don't make mistakes. cool.gifcool.gif

I think that Richlands will have the best catcher in the southwest district. Timber got alot of recognition last year and I think that she will get a full ride after this year. Good luck #14.

Let me guess, you played on that Pee Wee league team this summer? People that know sports know the excellent players from the want 2 bees. This REAL team that you are talking about, are they the ones that finished third in the district last year? Thats not too bad, you did beat two other teams. How many games did you have to win to win the pee wee league? We will just have to wait and see what the dawgs bring in this year. (SWD Championship)

the dogs will be lucky to hit or even score a run against the lady blues! I predict 2 shutouts when richlands plays tazewell. This is the best TEAM since the state championship team.

Proffitt is AWESOME! Especially when she's on her game!! She's unstoppable!! Yes, colleges have been knocking on her door! From what I've heard, quite a few! She's definately a grade A! Last season her sister caught her and the two were an unbeatable duo! blues88, Tazewell and Richlands both lost their catchers! So I agree that McCowan will be one of the top catchers in the SWD! As long as she does her best and I'm sure she will. The Proffitt sister duo was broken up and that's a big loss to the team! She's a tremendous athlete and a great catcher. But I know McCowan is gonna do just as great this year! It's her time to shine! I hope she does her job well this year!