Scrimmages

Hokiebird7

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Are there any scrimmages Friday night or anytime Saturday? Need to find some football to watch this weekend,..hoping something in the area is worth going to

Down this way.  Grayson County and  Northwood

Galax will scrimmage Mount Airy Saturday at 6PM on the new turf that is 30% black!  What's the over/under on the number of players who suffer heat related injury?

Seriously though, who's idea was it to install black turf?  The money could have and should have been better spent in many other areas for educational purposes in my opinion but black?  Dam, that's gonna be a heat magnet!

12 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Galax will scrimmage Mount Airy Saturday at 6PM on the new turf that is 30% black!  What's the over/under on the number of players who suffer heat related injury?

Seriously though, who's idea was it to install black turf?  The money could have and should have been better spent in many other areas for educational purposes in my opinion but black?  Dam, that's gonna be a heat magnet!

Galax needed a new field BADLY...it was like playing in a cow pasture

40 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Any pictures?

I have just moved to Roanoke. I can try to find out the lowdown on Salem. Or hokiebird can. Just for our info and for what it's worth. 

I think that the lowdown on more 1A-3A teams around here may interest the board more than Salem. Find out what many Region D teams could be up against deep into the playoffs.

26 minutes ago, Dookthecook said:

What you think about Salem this year? They still going be good?  Down this way Roanoke times is week late.  Any help be appreciated birdman from where the Angels Rest!.

Salem will be Salem and playing in December as usual...just like sun rising and setting...it happens every year...this year probably no different

52 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Galax needed a new field BADLY...it was like playing in a cow pasture

Ill informed opinion.

Galax chose not to properly care for the existing grass field intentionally in an effort to sway public opinion in favor of a turf field.  

1 hour ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

That's what I thought too. I was originally told 6pm. But I've read on twitter today it's 7pm and I've been told 7pm the past 2 days, so I have no clue. 

Are you officiating it? 

Nevermind, you are correct. The scrimmage will start at 6pm per Coach Akers. 

25 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Ill informed opinion.

Galax chose not to properly care for the existing grass field intentionally in an effort to sway public opinion in favor of a turf field.  

Well whatever they did you should know more than me but that field was garbage...our players have said so themself

15 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Well whatever they did you should know more than me but that field was garbage...our players have said so themself

Your players never played on the field before the current administration took over!  It hasn't always been that bad.  

It was made that bad with a lot of intent!

19 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Your players never played on the field before the current administration took over!  It hasn't always been that bad.  

It was made that bad with a lot of intent!

You are right...all I know is last few years when we came there our kids had to play a game on a horse pasture field...something needed to be done before a serious injury happened