SWVA Sports Podcast - Episode 1

Ryan4VT

Here is the first episode of the podcast! I did as best I could without any cohost or guest. Looking forward to having weekly guests from this point on to help spice it up and whatnot. 

Let me know what you like, don't like, any ideas for segments or guests you may have. It's all fair game. 

Enjoy!

https://m.soundcloud.com/swvasportspod/swva-sports-pod-s1e1-week-1

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

By the way, great Podcast Ryan. It was fair, honest, and very unbiased. The only thing I would suggest is to give us some stats,(rushing/passing, first downs, turnovers, etc.) from the bigger games, especially the game of the week. But overall it was good!

I can start doing that. Never thought about that part. Thanks for that! 

3 minutes ago, Hoosyadaddy said:

Sounded good. Maybe adding a cohost would make it easier. Conversation style makes the flow better. No expert just did a podcast for a bit. Helped me out a lot 

Oh I absolutely want another voice. Gives me a break as well as brings in a secondary viewpoint and some back and forth. I've just gotta figure out how exactly to record the audio from someone who isn't with me, since I record in Blacksburg. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Oh I absolutely want another voice. Gives me a break as well as brings in a secondary viewpoint and some back and forth. I've just gotta figure out how exactly to record the audio from someone who isn't with me, since I record in Blacksburg. 

Skype would be the easiest / cheapest way. Sound quality won't be perfect but you can play with the settings on the recorder and make it decent. 

Ryan,

You can try the format at blogtalk radio, it would allow you and a co-host to record from two different locations. Also, if you have a regular scheduled program, it will provide you with a number and you can take call-ins. Once the program ends, it is then available as a live stream via an rss feed. 

Hope this helps

37 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Skype would be the easiest / cheapest way. Sound quality won't be perfect but you can play with the settings on the recorder and make it decent. 

1 minute ago, bucfan64 said:

Ryan,

You can try the format at blogtalk radio, it would allow you and a co-host to record from two different locations. Also, if you have a regular scheduled program, it will provide you with a number and you can take call-ins. Once the program ends, it is then available as a live stream via an rss feed. 

Hope this helps

Both of these was what I was going to say 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

You need someone with a rich, baritone voice who has strong opinions regarding these games that often clashes with your own.  Now, where to find someone fitting that description...

On 8/31/2017 at 0:29 PM, bucfan64 said:

Ryan,

Hope this helps

I had considered this, but it's $40 a month, and I am a broke college student haha. If I could find a sponsor that would give us $40 a month, I'd be all over that haha.

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I had considered this, but it's $40 a month, and I am a broke college student haha. If I could find a sponsor that would give us $40 a month, I'd be all over that haha.

Should quit paying for the FUBO streaming subscription package so you can watch all the Chelsea games.  Lol

28 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

Really don't a lot about this podcast thing, but anyway you can add time stamps on when you talking about certain teams?

That would ruin all the fun! ;) 

8 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

Really don't a lot about this podcast thing, but anyway you can add time stamps on when you talking about certain teams?

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

That would ruin all the fun! ;) 

Right.  You promote the product intending for the listener to listen to the whole show.  Lol.