Marcum

psycho

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i talk to Garon often and Aaron when he's not on the internet and i can get someone on the phone...lol.

To be honest Garon is still hurt...he hurt his shoulder in that Va High game and never recovered and told me last week he is still not 100% from the hip pointer...might never be...but as of last week he told me he was still interested in playing and might show up at Moorehead St. with some of the Richlands crew...so..my previous statement stands...you have not seen the last of that kid on a football field...i think he will be back when the time is right for him.

Aaron told me last time we talked that he was probably done...looking towards other things for now anyway.

Both good kids and still in my opinion Garon was the best back Grundy ever had on the field...would have been nice to see what he could have really done if given the chance.

If Marcum can play somewhere, then good luck to him. I personally don't see how he can be out for a year and expect to come into a program and compete. It's hard enough to be out just for the summer and come back and get into the rythym of things.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

okay no disrespect but "UVA - Wise... NAIA.... "Moorhead D 1AA.... so there is a large diff.... but I wish Garon the best of luck tho... so I hope no one gets the wrong oppinion of me on here casue im not puttin anyone down....

[ QUOTE ]

okay no disrespect but "UVA - Wise... NAIA.... "Moorhead D 1AA.... so there is a large diff.... but I wish Garon the best of luck tho... so I hope no one gets the wrong oppinion of me on here casue im not puttin anyone down....

[/ QUOTE ]

could be construed as a put down...you think he could play for Wise but not for Morhead?

[ QUOTE ]

i talk to Garon often and Aaron when he's not on the internet and i can get someone on the phone...lol.

To be honest Garon is still hurt...he hurt his shoulder in that Va High game and never recovered and told me last week he is still not 100% from the hip pointer...might never be...but as of last week he told me he was still interested in playing and might show up at Moorehead St. with some of the Richlands crew...so..my previous statement stands...you have not seen the last of that kid on a football field...i think he will be back when the time is right for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

How on earth is the guy still hurt? If he has been hurt for two years now, I'd worry that going back to football would jeopardize his health. I played for Virginia High in that game and don't remember him getting injured in that game and don't remember anybody from Grundy using the excuse that Marcum was injured after the game either, so I don't understand that too well (I'm not trying to dig up old news but I'm sure it would have been mentioned). Anyway, to put in my two cents, it's not feasible for the guy to go anywhere at this point. I'm not trying to knock on him, but I watch every football game I can and I can't think of a single D1 running back who is white (not that this should be an issue either, but for some reason it just doesn't happen). Also, I had a hip pointer once when I played football and it was painful, but I got over it in about a week I think. Basically, I admit I don't know him personally or anything, but I feel like he was about on the borderline of getting an chance to play in college right out of high school. I don't see him getting much consideration at this point, and if he's not 100% healthy after two years, it seems nearly impossible. Of course, if he worked hard and maybe got some good luck, stranger things have happened.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

No im not saying he couldnt, but im saying just becasue of kid takes a year off and then plays for a NAIA school doesnt mean a kid can take a year off and play for a D1AA school... it will take alot more work ethic and alot more dedication, but it can be done

If any body can do it from this county garon can......he is the best talent to come out of the county in a while...and i have to say some NAIA colleges are on the level of some NCAA schools...Wise beat North Greenville last year Divison 2 NCAA school.....so it can be done and if garon decides to do it he will be on the moorehead football team...and if naia shools are so easy to go play for lets see u go do it....

[ QUOTE ]

No im not saying he couldnt, but im saying just becasue of kid takes a year off and then plays for a NAIA school doesnt mean a kid can take a year off and play for a D1AA school... it will take alot more work ethic and alot more dedication, but it can be done

[/ QUOTE ]

Tweeder I dont tyhink you should post neither way about this kid you never played with him you dont know what he can or cant do ..I hope he can if he so desires...He isnt on here posting why you didnt play this year did he? Thats for you to decide as is his decision to maybe try football again..Lot of folks just seem to have a bug up there ass about this kid,I guess thats the price you pay for being as damn good as he is..sounds like sour grapes to me..

why is this post even on the board and more less on the wrestling board. you are talking about a young man where his future plans did not go as planned. for people that do not even know the life this young man lived. he and his brother about raised themselves the last few years of school. they were on their own 95% of the time. mother lived in kentucky and dad worked away from home, older brother away at school. no one home to fix meals or no one to make sure they got up to go to school. he had every reason to be a turd and go bad. at least he learned something in life and that would be he learned to work. he is working and making a living instead of living off the government. if he never plays another down of football, the wave fans can always look back with fond memories of this young man. or with people who like to bash people when they are down, they can take pleasure that he did not reach his goal. (YET) so the next time you feel like bashing a young man, look into the kids life out of a uniform.

[ QUOTE ]

why is this post even on the board and more less on the wrestling board. you are talking about a young man where his future plans did not go as planned. for people that do not even know the life this young man lived. he and his brother about raised themselves the last few years of school. they were on their own 95% of the time. mother lived in kentucky and dad worked away from home, older brother away at school. no one home to fix meals or no one to make sure they got up to go to school. he had every reason to be a turd and go bad. at least he learned something in life and that would be he learned to work. he is working and making a living instead of living off the government. if he never plays another down of football, the wave fans can always look back with fond memories of this young man. or with people who like to bash people when they are down, they can take pleasure that he did not reach his goal. (YET) so the next time you feel like bashing a young man, look into the kids life out of a uniform.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kid will succeed in Life..Thats the most important game.He's an excellent young man..

I have a lot of respect for all of the Marcum boys. They all have great work ethics and are great people. They would give you the shirt off their back! Nobody needs criticism. The internet forum has turned into the place to go say the things to people that you do not have the nuts to say to their face. This forum is real good for that I guess that is why they chose this one.

By the way Moorehead is a D1-AA non scholarship school or was at one time. So most NAIA schools are ahead of them. They are in the same conference that jacksonville and austin peay are in and UVA-Wise use to hand them whippins every year. they are still a good football team but not your usual D-1AA team. I do know that Wise always beat jacksonville and austin peay every year. They may be a full scholarship team now. Most NAIA schools are on the same level as most D2 schools.

What does it matter where he goes to school? If he chooses to he does, and if not, then he is out making a living for himself, unlike a lot of people do these days..I basically grew up with Garon, all the way through school, and played ball with him as well..But when you have people bringing up stuff about him not going to school anywhere. It point blank pisses me off! What's the matter? Are you all jealous or something? Jealous that he could run over your pansy ass and make you like it? Or break your ankles with a juke step? Most of these people hide behind computers and dream of being as good as the Marcum boys were. Hell I'd give 3 fingers to have half the football talent as one of them. If he goes to Moorehead or Wise, SO WHAT!! At least he will be going to school on football. You all should praise him for that, and praise him for the memories that he gave us on Friday nights, instead of being jealous that he was twice the player that you will ever be...My 2 cents...

I would have to agree with olewave on this one. At least he is working and not taking handouts like a lot of people would do. If the kid doesn't want to play then he doesn't want to play, but don't judge the situation unless you know what it is. At the same time though, I do feel it would be hard for him to come back into the sport after taking that much time off, but you never know until it happens.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I see ppl like to get pissed pretty easy on here.. im not saying he CANT do it!!!! if you would read my post and for all you who always has a smartass replie back about me not playing my Senior year can kiss my A$$... I have my reasons that you guys have no idea about... I support anyone in this area who takes their tallents to the next level... just becasue I said its hard wasent saying he couldnt do it... I said I HOPE HE HAS THE WORK ETHIC... i didnt say he is sittin around doing nothing... all hail to the kid for not gettin on here praising himself.... if you would read all my post on here I never praise myself either...So get off my back about things when I just post my oppinion...and by the way i never said i could ... so the next time you guys take me wrong go back and read my post and pay attention to my post

i am going to have to take the side of tweeder on this...he never said garon was not talented or anything like that he said it would be hard for him to come back and he is right but i really believe garon could do it if he sets his mind to it.........

wow...this just keeps going.

anyway..Garon and Aaron (and Jimmy) are all like brothers to me and as someone else stated they would all give you the shirt off their backs to help you out...those of you who really knew these guys know the truth about them...and those of you who don't know them, you really missed out on some good people.

As for the VA High thing...yeah no one used it as an excuse...so what's that tell you? And if you had a hip pointer and got over it in a week thats great...you were lucky...i was just telling you what he told me...the kid is tuff..he doesn't complain...he played better with a broken arm than most people could play healthy...i'd take him on my team any day.

For those who would like to watch it..here is his highlight video again:

http://www.swvasports.com/GMarcum.wmv

you can "RIGHT CLICK" and "SAVE TARGET AS" if you want to keep it...a lot of good memories here for Grundy fans.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Im just asking ppl on here please dont take me wrong on subjects cause im never on here trying to start trouble... thats just not my nature... and for ppl who seems to know everything about me... saying I gave up football for gentler sports and I dont even strap them on anymore... ppl if you only knew what I would give to have got the chance to strap em on those games last year I missed from our 8-2... If I was physically able I wouldnt have even minded now to have got the chance to strap them on from our 0-10 team this year... so e-one understand im not on here trying to start trouble I just post my oppinions..

[ QUOTE ]

wow...this just keeps going.

anyway..Garon and Aaron (and Jimmy) are all like brothers to me and as someone else stated they would all give you the shirt off their backs to help you out...those of you who really knew these guys know the truth about them...and those of you who don't know them, you really missed out on some good people.

As for the VA High thing...yeah no one used it as an excuse...so what's that tell you? And if you had a hip pointer and got over it in a week thats great...you were lucky...i was just telling you what he told me...the kid is tuff..he doesn't complain...he played better with a broken arm than most people could play healthy...i'd take him on my team any day.

For those who would like to watch it..here is his highlight video again:

http://www.swvasports.com/GMarcum.wmv

you can "RIGHT CLICK" and "SAVE TARGET AS" if you want to keep it...a lot of good memories here for Grundy fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Paintsville clip I'll never forget Lance..When Marcum took off and Aaron Looney'Killed" that kid from Paintsville with that block made the hair on my head stand up.Did again when I saw it on the clip(what hair I have left lol)..Thanks for the link it will definitley be in my library..

[ QUOTE ]

Im just asking ppl on here please dont take me wrong on subjects cause im never on here trying to start trouble... thats just not my nature... and for ppl who seems to know everything about me... saying I gave up football for gentler sports and I dont even strap them on anymore... ppl if you only knew what I would give to have got the chance to strap em on those games last year I missed from our 8-2... If I was physically able I wouldnt have even minded now to have got the chance to strap them on from our 0-10 team this year... so e-one understand im not on here trying to start trouble I just post my oppinions..

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all good Tweeder...Im guilty of jumping the gun at times,every body is guilty of that....The Marcum boy's have gave alot of encouragement to special kid I know and made him feel welcome when he became a member of the WAVE Family..Made friends for life with me..