? for the weather gurus out there

Pirate1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the biggest snow in a few years is going to take place this weekend...Roads are horrible...I live 2 miles away from my workplace and it took me 55 minutes just to make it home...Mainly because traffic and everyone driving 2 mph...ughhh..

I just hope that everyones kids made it home safely!

Luckily Graham had early release schedule today since its last day of semester.

My mom went up K-Mart today and she has to leave her car there for the night or the next couple days.

just got in from work...I left at 1:00 took me an hour and a half to go from k-mart to lowes.....then another hour and a half to get from wal-mart to college avenue near the community center....it's awful outside...I don't know how I made it home....cars everywhere......some people just left their cars where they were on the road....I couldn't make it up the hill where I live and just parked it in an apartment building parking lot and walked up the hill home....Thank the lord my wife made it home from work and daycare with my 4 year old child! Why in the world would they not let those schools dismiss early if they knew this was coming???

People far and near, please floods this office with complaints and your wishes for these two people to step down from their positions as they obviously couldn't lead a person out of a t-shirt!

Mercer County Schools

1403 Honaker Ave

Princeton WV 24740

304-487-1551

Fax 304-425-5844

Deborah S. Akers, Superintendent

Ext. 236

dsakers@access.k12.wv.us

Don White, Assistant Superintendent

Ext. 271/285

djwhite@access.k12.wv.us

Per WVVA website:

Mercer Co. students have all been picked up from school, are on route home

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 7:09 PM EST

According to Don White, Assistant Superintendent of Mercer County Schools, all students have been picked up from school and are on route home. There are numerous buses that are stuck in traffic, but he says they are moving slowly.

People far and near, please floods this office with complaints and your wishes for these two people to step down from their positions as they obviously couldn't lead a person out of a t-shirt!

Mercer County Schools

1403 Honaker Ave

Princeton WV 24740

304-487-1551

Fax 304-425-5844

Deborah S. Akers, Superintendent

Ext. 236

dsakers@access.k12.wv.us

Don White, Assistant Superintendent

Ext. 271/285

djwhite@access.k12.wv.us

Per WVVA website:

Mercer Co. students have all been picked up from school, are on route home

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 7:09 PM EST

According to Don White, Assistant Superintendent of Mercer County Schools, all students have been picked up from school and are on route home. There are numerous buses that are stuck in traffic, but he says they are moving slowly.

She's been an idiot for years. Still is ...no change but hey, let's give her a pay raise. maybe she could take that $600 a month car stipend and take people home.

UVAObserver, you still in PA? And has it started down that way yet? It's 11:30, and we haven't seen a snow flake up to this point. But it is windy... We're expecting 10"-15". Looks like I'll have to wait until Monday to drive.

I just woke up a little bit ago. Looks to be about 8'' here, but I haven't went out to measure it yet. Still coming down at a pretty good clip. And it's supposed to continue here through tomorrow. I hope you guys don't get it as hard as The Weather Channel is forecasting.

VDOT sucks, havent even touched the roads here, and there is literally 2 feet on the ground..i guess VDOT's differ from county to county..

Well this sure isn't a 2 incher that's cleared up quickly. VDOT themselves, along with everyone else, has had trouble getting around especially with so many stuck on the roads. Remember they've been cut way down in numbers too, going to be even harder for them to keep up especially with bigger snows, and not just clearing snow off the roads but cleaning up the mess this heavy wet snow has created (with downed trees and such)...bad time for this.