Gate City @ Tazewell

Nadoball

Predictions and thoughts. I think GC will be to much for the Dawgs. I am taking GC 31-7.

I predicting that Tazewell shows up and plays with heart till the final whistle like last week... That's all I ask for!

Going to be a rough one....GC will be upset becasue they were pounded last week....the Dawgs won't quit though they showed a lot of heart Friday....they are very young

Going to be a rough one....GC will be upset becasue they were pounded last week....the Dawgs won't quit though they showed a lot of heart Friday....they are very young

I agree completely. Two tough games to open the season with, should build lots of character. Hope they play tough and don't quit no matter the score.

I agree completely. Two tough games to open the season with, should build lots of character. Hope they play tough and don't quit no matter the score.

Agree with this.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Don't know if I would call them weak!

This is going to be a tough game for Tazewell that's for sure. Gate City is going to be out to prove something this week. The devils have a good offensive line and I'm not sure how big and athletic the defensive line for the dogs are. Tazewell is just to young and still learning a new system and Gate City's defense is better then George Wythe. They have a couple of good linebackers !

Gate City 35 Dogs 6

With the youth that Tazewell has now, they will be a good team in the future . If everybody buys in to the new coach.

This is going to be a tough game for Tazewell that's for sure. Gate City is going to be out to prove something this week. The devils have a good offensive line and I'm not sure how big and athletic the defensive line for the dogs are. Tazewell is just to young and still learning a new system and Gate City's defense is better then George Wythe. They have a couple of good linebackers !

Gate City 35 Dogs 6

With the youth that Tazewell has now, they will be a good team in the future . If everybody buys in to the new coach.

The last 9 games are gonna be tough for them, Tazewell may not win many games if any, but they will bust ya in the mouth!

Honestly, the best chance of a game they can win is against graham later on in the season. Like everyone else has said they are just far too young right now. The only thing I don't understand is why big ol' shaq is playing at linebacker and not on the line!!!

The last 9 games are gonna be tough for them, Tazewell may not win many games if any, but they will bust ya in the mouth!

That's a good start ! Bust people in the mouth and be physical is the way you need to play in SWD. It sounds like they played with a lot of heart at Wythe last week so it sounds like he has them playing hard.

He ( the coach ) is probably still figuring out his talent. He hasn't been there for a full year yet and the kids are still getting use to a new way of doing things. Getting them to play hard is a good start for a young team and the rest will come with experience.

You know what they say, that most teams make their biggest improvement from game 1 to game 2.

Honestly, the best chance of a game they can win is against graham later on in the season.

Funny you should say that...most Graham fans think that is Graham's best chance to win a game this season...:D

Tazewell's best chance at this game is to run the ball outside of the tackles all night and keep the clock moving...every now and then throw one deep to keep GC half way honest.

GC should win this one by 14+ but the Dawgs could keep it closer than most might think if they can eat the clock...if they come out and try to throw the ball all night then GC will win this by 35+

I think Tazewell may be a little improved this week. They were still trying to figure out where some people should be playing last week and still have to get used to the new system. I think Gate City should still win this game but Tazewell will put up a fight. Tazewell will hit you.

I'm not sure what the kids name is that came from Graham but that kid is fast, I hope they let him get more touches this week, and I hope the return teams can catch the ball this week and get better field position...

Tazewell's best chance at this game is to run the ball outside of the tackles all night and keep the clock moving...every now and then throw one deep to keep GC half way honest.

GC should win this one by 14+ but the Dawgs could keep it closer than most might think if they can eat the clock...if they come out and try to throw the ball all night then GC will win this by 35+

I agree here, I think it could be closer than some may expect but I am still gonna say 31-7

I'm not sure what the kids name is that came from Graham but that kid is fast, I hope they let him get more touches this week, and I hope the return teams can catch the ball this week and get better field position...

His name is Joseph Grubb and that kid has wheels. I believe his limited playing time last week was due to him only having one week of practice with the Dawgs under his belt and not having all the plays down. I'd be shocked if he didn't get plenty of touches Friday. Good luck Dawgs.

The dawgs will get everything rolling before the season is over. You hate having to say they'll be good in the future but in this case i think it will be true. But you can't make excuses boys just gotta keep thinking it's your year and no matter who you play always think you're going 2 win. Never ever think for a second there is someone better than you on the other side of the ball. Step up and be a leader. Good Luck to the Dawgs this year.

His name is Joseph Grubb and that kid has wheels. I believe his limited playing time last week was due to him only having one week of practice with the Dawgs under his belt and not having all the plays down. I'd be shocked if he didn't get plenty of touches Friday. Good luck Dawgs.

That is interesting. You are suppose to have 20 days practice in before the first game. One week practice equals 5 maybe 6 if you count saturday. 2 a days count as 1 practice day. What kind of calendar are they using at Tazewell?

The dawgs will get everything rolling before the season is over. You hate having to say they'll be good in the future but in this case i think it will be true. But you can't make excuses boys just gotta keep thinking it's your year and no matter who you play always think you're going 2 win. Never ever think for a second there is someone better than you on the other side of the ball. Step up and be a leader. Good Luck to the Dawgs this year.

Their middle school team looked pretty good monday night. #34 was a big kid with some speed.