Falcons still better than Gate City

Falconman

Its official, we are better than the city. Yes, the Falcons lost a hard fought game tonight, but still manage not to get beat by them as much as Gate City. So, the proof is in the numbers. My thoughts on the game? Stay tuned . . . :p

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its official, we are better than the city. Yes, the Falcons lost a hard fought game tonight, but still manage not to get beat by them as much as Gate City. So, the proof is in the numbers. My thoughts on the game? Stay tuned . . . :p

Well that's typical, talk big about a team you know your not going to play...lol.

did richlands pull their starters?if so when ?i just made the statement that gate city has probally played richlands closer than anyone .id like to have some insight on this .i didnt figure they pulled their starters on gate city.im askin this because i truly dont kno.

Starters out against abingdon. Austin Johnson, Left tackle, Center went out in second quarter and will be out 3 to 6 weeks. But hes a great kid and he'll do what he's suppose to. 3 weeks he should be back. Hope your feeling alright this morning keep your head up. Love You Boy

No your not better than gate city in my opinon you scored the same amount of points as GC did here is my reason for that the first TD pass you guys got hess was 3 yards pass the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball and the refs let it go and the 2nd td pass came when the jv had been put in and you all wanted to prove that your varsity can score on our jv.

Well the scoreboard doesn't tell the story of the richlands gate city game. the score was 3-0 at half time. And then our conditioning got to us and richlands blew it open. They were just the better conditioned, more athletic, and had more depth team. Abingdon would not stand a chance. Im sure if any coaches knew your fans we would run the score up on you. As a matter of fact i think we could beat you by 50+ points.

Don't even start with Gate City, you are not going to win that one.

First of all, the Abingdon-Richlands game was a lot closer than the scoreboard says. Did any of you guys watch the game? I thought the Falcons dominated the mighty Richlands offense. We just had some really iffy penalties and bad turnovers or we could have had a shot. Look guys I will be honest, if Richlands is a state title contender then my Falcons could compete in the playoffs. I was really not that impressed with the Mighty Blues, we hurt ourselves with penalties and turnovers. The refs were horrible! At least we have Tazewell next week and a sure win. Regroup Falcons we will win next 2 for sure! :D

All I will say is Gate City is healthy now. They was not in week 1. Last night Gate City's biggest rival only managed 3 first downs and only 20 yards total offense. If GC and Richlands played now the score would be closer but the outcome would not change. I hear GC is looking to replace some on their schedule. Give them a call there Abingdon!

First of all, the Abingdon-Richlands game was a lot closer than the scoreboard says. Did any of you guys watch the game? I thought the Falcons dominated the mighty Richlands offense. We just had some really iffy penalties and bad turnovers or we could have had a shot. Look guys I will be honest, if Richlands is a state title contender then my Falcons could compete in the playoffs. I was really not that impressed with the Mighty Blues, we hurt ourselves with penalties and turnovers. The refs were horrible! At least we have Tazewell next week and a sure win. Regroup Falcons we will win next 2 for sure! :D

ANY EXCUSE IS BETTER THAN NO EXCUSE. Adingdon could not handle Joe Vaughn and Clark both would have 200yd game. You are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth is Richlands could have spotted you 4 touchdowns and still would have won...Final Score: 43-14. That's 29 points. That qualifies as a masacre. A blowout. A beatdown. How's your crow this fine Saturday?

Edited by blueinbama

All I will say is Gate City is healthy now. They was not in week 1. Last night Gate City's biggest rival only managed 3 first downs and only 20 yards total offense. If GC and Richlands played now the score would be closer but the outcome would not change. I hear GC is looking to replace some on their schedule. Give them a call there Abingdon!

Gate City tried to get Abingdon on the schedule when Clintwood droped them and the mighty Falcons said NO that goes to show you that they want no part of Gate City...........

Gate City would roll you guys........as pointed out, the Richlands left tackle didn't start and the starting center sat out a good part of the game due to injury.

Edited by parsons

I've bit my tongue on four posts but this one did it. "Iffy" penalties for you guys? The crew last night was just as bad as the WV crew that reffed the 2002 Richlands vs Bluefield game. Bluefield had to win the game to get into the playoffs and the refs made sure it happen. Last night was just as bad. The first touchdown you scored should have been called back and not because of where Hess threw the ball. #1 for Richlands was fired up from being called four times for bad calls before that and those four calls were just horrible. #1 popped #6 for Abingdon on the play and put him on his butt. Then #6 commits unsportsmanlike conduct to #1. The back judge comes running to them and actually pulls the flag out of his pocket, looks up, sees the touchdown and puts it back in his pocket. Then the ref tells Coach Mance that it would have been a dead ball penalty anyways. So he admits what he did but the thing is it wouldn't have been a dead ball penalty. It happen during the play.

But I just stated that because you said you had some "iffy" penalties. The pass interference called on #1 was pathetic. The WR tackled him from behind. Before that #1 had perfect position on his WR and made the pick. The refs called it simultaneous possession. Plus the holding call on Richlands' first touchdown was called on the guy that scored the touchdown, #11. Then the refs corrected themselves by saying it was on #1, who was running a route that took him away from #11.

The refs held the flood gates for as long as they could. I feel the Blues showed immense composure for not losing it when this was going on. If I was out there I don't think I could have done that.

I don't complain about refs but this game should be showed to the VHSL. It was obvious what was going on.

I've bit my tongue on four posts but this one did it. "Iffy" penalties for you guys? The crew last night was just as bad as the WV crew that reffed the 2002 Richlands vs Bluefield game. Bluefield had to win the game to get into the playoffs and the refs made sure it happen. Last night was just as bad. The first touchdown you scored should have been called back and not because of where Hess threw the ball. #1 for Richlands was fired up from being called four times for bad calls before that and those four calls were just horrible. #1 popped #6 for Abingdon on the play and put him on his butt. Then #6 commits unsportsmanlike conduct to #1. The back judge comes running to them and actually pulls the flag out of his pocket, looks up, sees the touchdown and puts it back in his pocket. Then the ref tells Coach Mance that it would have been a dead ball penalty anyways. So he admits what he did but the thing is it wouldn't have been a dead ball penalty. It happen during the play.

But I just stated that because you said you had some "iffy" penalties. The pass interference called on #1 was pathetic. The WR tackled him from behind. Before that #1 had perfect position on his WR and made the pick. The refs called it simultaneous possession. Plus the holding call on Richlands' first touchdown was called on the guy that scored the touchdown, #11. Then the refs corrected themselves by saying it was on #1, who was running a route that took him away from #11.

The refs held the flood gates for as long as they could. I feel the Blues showed immense composure for not losing it when this was going on. If I was out there I don't think I could have done that.

I don't complain about refs but this game should be showed to the VHSL. It was obvious what was going on.

i have no dog in this fight but just because a player is running a route away from where the pass is going he can still be called for holding it happens on all levels of football. holding is holding no matter where it happens on the field. it could be on the 5 yard line when the pass is down field at the 50 yard line. so if the player held and he was away from th play it is still holding if seen by one of the officials.

i have no dog in this fight but just because a player is running a route away from where the pass is going he can still be called for holding it happens on all levels of football. holding is holding no matter where it happens on the field. it could be on the 5 yard line when the pass is down field at the 50 yard line. so if the player held and he was away from th play it is still holding if seen by one of the officials.

He was "running" a route. As in it's hard to hold while running. I know you can hold anywhere but there was no hold on the play.

A. Transitive property in football is useless.

B. You're wrong. GCHS > AHS

He was "running" a route. As in it's hard to hold while running. I know you can hold anywhere but there was no hold on the play.

as i said i have no dog in this fight but i was not at the game but did listen to a bit of it. and holding for fans is subjective you may see no holding and someone for the other team will see holding. it is the refs that make the call right or wrong if he called it then it was holding in his view. and actually you can hold as you said in trying to make a block after the pass was made to keep the defender away from the receiver even if he is on the other side of the field.

this is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time...thank you for the laugh...lol.

as i said i have no dog in this fight but i was not at the game but did listen to a bit of it. and holding for fans is subjective you may see no holding and someone for the other team will see holding. it is the refs that make the call right or wrong if he called it then it was holding in his view. and actually you can hold as you said in trying to make a block after the pass was made to keep the defender away from the receiver even if he is on the other side of the field.

Everything you have said is very true as far as what can happen as far as holding goes. And I'm not trying to attack your stance on this either, I'm just stating my opinion.

But that's not what happen. Listen, fans of all teams complain about the refs all the time. But not very often after a 4 TD win so that a lone should tell you how it went. Today is the first time in almost 500 posts that I have ever said anything about the refs, but last night " some " of the calls made it look like they had a an agenda. I didn't say they did have one, I said it made it seem like they have. They did do a better job in the 2nd half.

They ( HS refs in general ) do a terrific job that is very difficult. And I think we all owe them a debt of gratitude for what they do. Without them, there would be no game.

But sometimes you get a crew or one or 2 refs in a crew that is incompetent, now maybe they were just having a bad night last night, but it sure looked bad.

Dude, you make it sound like the only calls that you think were bad were against RHS. So NOT true. What about the kid who stands up after he's tackled and spikes the ball on about the 20???? Why in the crap was that NOT called???? What about #44 spearing one of our kids...BADLY? Why was that not called???? Here's the freakin deal....you guys were actually having to play a game last night instead of waltzing thru as usual and your guys committed some penalties because of it. Period. Did AHS have some penalties called and uncalled? Abso-freakin-lutely. To even insinuate that refs had a na genda is ludicrous and it is petty. Period. Look, if RHS is as good as everyone says then why don't they act like they have been here before and be a little humble. To claim that the game was close because of the refs is very poor sportsmanship and frankly, I expected more from you RHS fans. I am now done with this thread so go ahead and rip me all you want....pump yourself up on a public forum, gain some e-cred from your buddies..do whatever it is you do. Peace out.