The new football coach at Graham is......

Dung Marrs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Williams of Fork Union,VA military academy. Congratulations,and welcome to the family.

Welcome to the Graham family, Coach Williams. As a UVA fan, and someone who's knowledgeable about FUMA, those guys know football inside and out. They know what makes great players, and they know how to mold young men out of boys. A great day for Graham football.

Mike Williams of Fork Union,VA military academy. Congratulations,and welcome to the family.

Awesome!!! never saw that coming.....looks like an upstanding young man.

Hope he and his family like it here in Bluefield.

Edited by futbolking

Sounds like Graham hit a homerun with this hire. He's young, he's experienced at a high-level, and he comes from winning traditions. BUT, I cannot believe they hired a former Salem Spartan as head coach.... ;)

Agreed!!!!

(Note: biting tongue as I type this next bit...)

I hope he can bring some of that Salem/Willis White tradition to Bluefield, VA...you may as well learn from the best...

Welcome to Graham, Coach Williams!

Congrats to the Graham faithful on their hire ! Sounds like a good young coach that can get Graham back on track.

I want to wish you guys all the luck in the world ( except for one game a year....lol ) and hope that you guys are now on your way back to the top as Graham should be !

Hope you have a great season !

Congrads to the G-men for finally getting a coach who will bring something new to the table. Graham has always had potential, and now maybe this new coach will bring it to the front. I like to see all the area schools do well, and be better competition. All of our local teams need to play quality opponets throughout the regular season, which will only make them tougher in the playoffs. I think this is a good hire, and a good direction for Graham.

Agreed!!!!

(Note: biting tongue as I type this next bit...)

I hope he can bring some of that Salem/Willis White tradition to Bluefield, VA...you may as well learn from the best...

Welcome to Graham, Coach Williams!

I guess its still from the gainer tree.just a different branch.

way to go ghs and tcsb on what looks like a great hire for graham high football and school. look forward to the season with renewed vigor and anticipation. just dont want to expect a mircale just yet but who knows. he has some great experience it looks like and can only benifit ghs in getting back to the old ghs football.

I spoke with a friend who works in Tazewell county a couple of weeks ago, who said he felt pretty sure the person who interviewed from FUMA was going to get the job. He couldn't remember the name at the time. Now, that I see who it is, I played ball at E&H with him. He started on the OL, and was a solid guy. Looks as though he has slimmed down from the FUMA picture. Really great guy though, and I think should do Graham proud.

Sounds like Graham hit a homerun with this hire. He's young, he's experienced at a high-level, and he comes from winning traditions. BUT, I cannot believe they hired a former Salem Spartan as head coach.... ;)

why not remember many years ago hired a coach from bhs. carlock.

I certainly hope there is a good turnout of kids to meet the new coach tomorrow. His words jump off of the page at you. He sounds excited to be here...I hope that enthusiasm and excitement translates into players coming out. I hope all returning players show up and encourage their buddies who are interested in playing to do the same.