Updates...please post here!!!

GMan

i think princeton beats bluefield next week

Woodrow b**ch slapped Princeton tonight...43-16...they've outscored the Kittens 110-28 in the last two games...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looked like defensive and offensive lines all went out...early....i think princeton beats bluefield next week and graham beat tazewell...some how

Not for sure about Graham vs Tazewell.... You couldn't tell much about Tazewell tonight, GW has and awesome team and it will be hard for anyone stop them!

looked like defensive and offensive lines all went out...early....i think princeton beats bluefield next week and graham beat tazewell...some how

Graham had subs in before Bluefield, but it doesn't really matter....Bluefield was the better team. I don't see the point of risking injury to your starting qb and starting rb at that late stage....

Graham needs work, it'll take time to get the system down. The line can't protect the qb...and the qb is indecisive...the few times he made a quick decision, good things happened. I think Williams will turn this wagon around and we'll have a decent team again, just have to be patient.

Union Bears win the Bucket. Union High 29 & Lee High 24. Wonderfully exciting game for the Bear fans - the Bears score a touchdown with about 30 seconds to go in the contest.

It was 24 for Lee and 23 for Union with less than a minute to go in the game and Union was down to 4th & 3.

Lee gave the Bears all they could handle but came up short again.

Bears played a lot of different players and there appears to be a lot of experimenting going on - but at crunch time it was T-formation power football that prevailed.

Union Bears win the Bucket. Union High 29 & Lee High 24. Wonderfully exciting game for the Bear fans - the Bears score a touchdown with about 30 seconds to go in the contest.

It was 24 for Lee and 23 for Union with less than a minute to go in the game and Union was down to 4th & 3.

Lee gave the Bears all they could handle but came up short again.

Bears played a lot of different players and there appears to be a lot of experimenting going on - but at crunch time it was T-formation power football that prevailed.

Great game indeed. Barker ran hard all night long and Davis had a good 2nd half. He and Barker will be tough to handle. Lee's got a duo though too themselves. Both had their early season mistakes but not too bad overall. I see both having good seasons. Lee's improving and looking better than before with an attitude that rings they're interested and more confident. Hopefully they'll avoid many injuries and such, the varsity numbers are thin...thankfully a good number on jv though. When Union picked up that safety off the holding near the end I think everyone knew it was going to be tough to keep them out of the endzone on that last drive. Also was nice to see a big crowd, been a while since there's been that many. While it wasn't 90s big but still pretty good sized. Traffic was a pain, but that was to be expected if you were in Pennington throughout the day, it was already getting rough well beforehand. Good luck to Union the rest of the way.

Edited by Beamerball

Graham had subs in before Bluefield, but it doesn't really matter....Bluefield was the better team. I don't see the point of risking injury to your starting qb and starting rb at that late stage...

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not sure how long the starters stayed in because I left at halftime as the game was well in hand by that point. But here are my thoughts...

Leggett and Edwards, as well as basically all the other starters are only sophomores, aren't they? Admittedly, I haven't studied Bluefield's roster but Fox, Simon, and Shorter are about the only seniors that get a great deal of PT any way right? If so, I can see Coach Simon's reasoning for leaving the "starters" in for so long if they were in fact left in that long. Bluefield is a young bunch and will need all the real-time game experience that they can get if they want to have any chance at making a run at another title. Other than risking injury, as you point out, as long as the play calling is vanilla (no Hail Marys, etc.), I don't see a real big problem with it.

FWIW, if you'd like to talk class, Freddy could've EASILY put about 70-80+ points on Graham the past several seasons and didn't. Just a thought...

Graham had subs in before Bluefield, but it doesn't really matter....Bluefield was the better team. I don't see the point of risking injury to your starting qb and starting rb at that late stage....

Graham needs work, it'll take time to get the system down. The line can't protect the qb...and the qb is indecisive...the few times he made a quick decision, good things happened. I think Williams will turn this wagon around and we'll have a decent team again, just have to be patient.[/quote

Graham will be ok eventually...I agree patience is key in Blfd, VA. Graham never quit and they played hard all night.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not sure how long the starters stayed in because I left at halftime as the game was well in hand by that point. But here are my thoughts...

Leggett and Edwards, as well as basically all the other starters are only sophomores, aren't they? Admittedly, I haven't studied Bluefield's roster but Fox, Simon, and Shorter are about the only seniors that get a great deal of PT any way right? If so, I can see Coach Simon's reasoning for leaving the "starters" in for so long if they were in fact left in that long. Bluefield is a young bunch and will need all the real-time game experience that they can get if they want to have any chance at making a run at another title. Other than risking injury, as you point out, as long as the play calling is vanilla (no Hail Marys, etc.), I don't see a real big problem with it.

FWIW, if you'd like to talk class, Freddy could've EASILY put about 70-80+ points on Graham the past several seasons and didn't. Just a thought...[/quote

Graham has a lot of work to do to get back to being a good team. It's going to take a while. I don't think it's that big of a deal. It would've been a nice gesture to put in a backup qb and a freshman running back, but in the end it is what it is and he may have had good reason, just as you said..... It's a non factor, because you are correct, Bluefield could've named the score for 3 years in a row now....I just anxiously await the day when Graham is competitive again and hope it's sooner rather than later.

I actually have to agree, Simon did put in some back up guys early in the 3rd. I noticed when the Beavers were on offense there were a bunch of, what looked to be, linemen sitting on the beach on their side and noticed they had the starting qb and Legget (however you spell his name) both were out too. Given this was when it was 44-7 (which is basically where I ended the "real" game). About the time we scored the second td and when the back up qb got hurt on the field (Looked like nothing more than a cramp) they put at least the starting qb and Legget back in. And Williams did keep pulling Jackson and Edwards from the second td on.

Honestly the only thing that I felt was not very classy on Bluefields side of things was at the end when the Bluefield player intercepted the ball and instead of going down to end the game he kept running on down the field and was met by the Bluefield student section about the 50 yard line. That really was the only unclassy thing I saw. Cause honestly I saw a lot of late hits, roughing the qb, and other stuff from the graham team to bluefield that weren't called so I think a lot of it was a rough game and the refs did let them play a lot with out to many calls so the ones they did give were as I felt kind of called for to keep the teams in check so to speak.

hokie07

your exactly right have to play these guys they need the game experience to help them out for the rest of the season!!!

Whatever helps you sleep better at night...

As was pointed out, Bluefield put the second team offense in for the first offensive series of the second half and second team defense on the next series in which Graham scored their second TD. As previously stated also, many of Bluefield's starters are underclassmen themselves with many of the second team kids being as young or younger. From what I witnessed, the second team unit just isn't mature enough at this point to play against another team's varsity unit for any extended period of time without risking potential injury. WV needs to institute the running clock rule that Virginia has during the second half of lopsided games. If that had been in place last night I believe the starters would have been pulled permanently long before they were.

In closing, I'll say that I hope Graham is able to turn their program around. While I have enjoyed the last three Beaver/Graham games, I must admit that lopsided nature of those games have taken some of the shine off of the rivalry. I recall about 5-6 years ago when Graham folks proclaimed the tide was turning in the series and now they're upset about Bluefield leaving their starters in too long. Beaver/Graham shouldn't be about that type of thing. It should be about hard-hitting, high-intensity, nail-bitters where the crowd isn't leaving at halftime (rain or shine) because the game is a rout. Good fortune to Graham moving forward.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules