Bradshaw -“I was so anxious. I was nervous, I was shaking"

VHSLhelper

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should've been nervous and shaking. If Tom Brady had engineered that comeback (a distinct possibility if the Patriots WRs don't drop two perfectly thrown passes), then Bradshaw becomes probably the 2nd-biggest goat in Super Bowl history behind Scott Norwood.

He should've been nervous and shaking. If Tom Brady had engineered that comeback (a distinct possibility if the Patriots WRs don't drop two perfectly thrown passes), then Bradshaw becomes probably the 2nd-biggest goat in Super Bowl history behind Scott Norwood.

although i don't expect anything good about AB from you...so not much of a surprise you would say that...shoe on the other foot, if he doesn't score and they miss or get the FG blocked what then? You take it while you can get it and trust your defense to do it's job.

You never know how things will go, except probably not as you expect.

I said earlier, AB is probably the only guy that can score the GAME WINNING touchdown in the Super Bowl...and get bitched at for it. Incredible.

although i don't expect anything good about AB from you...so not much of a surprise you would say that...shoe on the other foot, if he doesn't score and they miss or get the FG blocked what then? You take it while you can get it and trust your defense to do it's job.

You never know how things will go, except probably not as you expect.

I said earlier, AB is probably the only guy that can score the GAME WINNING touchdown in the Super Bowl...and get bitched at for it. Incredible.

These are my feelings as well. A kid from Bluefield, VA scored the game winning touchdown in the Super Bowl. Absolutely amazing.

The Giants were already in FG position. All they had to do was take a knee, make sure the ball was in the middle of the field, and kick the winning FG. But, as Lance said, that's no guarantee. How many times have we seen games lost on missed or blocked FG's? The Scott Norwood comparison actually enforces this point. I am glad he went ahead and ran the ball into the end zone, even though in hindsight it could have given Brady too much time. I still have to trust my defense to make the stops, especially after the way the Giants' defense played. This was the Super Bowl. The final seconds are ticking away, and your team is down by two. The quarterback calls your number, and your job is to run the ball, not fumble, and make positive yardage. Bradshaw had no idea the Pats were going to just step aside and let him score. He was running full speed ahead, and to me, especially with all that's at stake here, I can understand him not being able to stop short.

“I was taking a handoff and Eli was saying, ‘Don’t score, don’t score,’ ” Bradshaw said. “I tried to declare myself down and touch down with my hand. They didn’t call it and my momentum took me into the end zone.” If that was the plan, shouldn't it have been called in the huddle instead of in the middle of the play? True, it could have ended badly for the Giants, but as I see it this was in no way Bradshaw's fault.

Edited by blueinbama

Guest The Variable

Lets just hope he doesnt go out to a club at 2 am when another Giants reciever shoots himself in the leg.

Lets just hope he doesnt go out to a club at 2 am when another Giants reciever shoots himself in the leg.

What exactly does this comment add to the conversation?

But back to the topic, Ahmad also said this wasn't his best game. That's probably true, but 72 yards on 14 carries with the Super Bowl winning touchdown is nothing to sneeze at.

Also, everyone around the city is so pleasant this morning. I've never had a conversation on the bus to work before. This morning I was pretty much greeted by everyone as I stepped on. It's fun to be victorious.

Guest The Variable
What exactly does this comment add to the conversation?

But back to the topic, Ahmad also said this wasn't his best game. That's probably true, but 72 yards on 14 carries with the Super Bowl winning touchdown is nothing to sneeze at.

Also, everyone around the city is so pleasant this morning. I've never had a conversation on the bus to work before. This morning I was pretty much greeted by everyone as I stepped on. It's fun to be victorious.

The fact that after finally making it in the NFL and after being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people, he still hasnt learned his lesson. Hopefully he wont bring Cruz into his social life, that kids going places.

Its nice to know that new yorkers can only be pleasant when they win championships though. Another reason why I hate going there.

The fact that after finally making it in the NFL and after being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people, he still hasnt learned his lesson. Hopefully he wont bring Cruz into his social life, that kids going places.

Again, what does that have to do with the touchdown he scored last night? If you want to start a thread about his social life, by all means go for it. But let's leave this one about the game last night. Ok? Ok.

look...its as simple as this...if the Giants didn't WANT a TD in that situation...then its on Coughlin and whoever is calling the plays to have ELI take a knee...plain and simple...if they KNEW ahead of time then that's what should have happened. Why even try to advance the ball in that situation if you are going to settle for a FG and just run the clock?

Don't blame AB...

Its nice to know that new yorkers can only be pleasant when they win championships though. Another reason why I hate going there.

just knock it off dude...this is a total low rent sort of thing to do...go back to the political forum and do this stuff if you must.

just knock it off dude...this is a total low rent sort of thing to do...go back to the political forum and do this stuff if you must.

Thanks Lance.

Though, I don't expect the Richmond kid to understand how important this is to SWVA.

look...its as simple as this...if the Giants didn't WANT a TD in that situation...then its on Coughlin and whoever is calling the plays to have ELI take a knee...plain and simple...if they KNEW ahead of time then that's what should have happened. Why even try to advance the ball in that situation if you are going to settle for a FG and just run the clock?

Don't blame AB...

My thoughts exactly. They were on what, the 6-7 yard-line? Still basically an extra point. If they wanted 3 points then they should've taken a knee and let the cock run down.

Guest The Variable
Thanks Lance.

Though, I don't expect the Richmond kid to understand how important this is to SWVA.

Yes, because that 3 seconds that the name Bluefield, VA was put on national TV is going to heal all woes in SWVA and put them on the map.

Explain why it is important please?

And if its a low rent comment, sorry. He is a talented athelete, he plays on the highest level. I dont like his attitude, it was so bad that my wife thought at first that he was showing off (which he does frequently).

Im curious, who is this guy to you all anyway? Yall close to him?

Yes, because that 3 seconds that the name Bluefield, VA was put on national TV is going to heal all woes in SWVA and put them on the map.

Explain why it is important please?

And if its a low rent comment, sorry. He is a talented athelete, he plays on the highest level. I dont like his attitude, it was so bad that my wife thought at first that he was showing off (which he does frequently).

Im curious, who is this guy to you all anyway? Yall close to him?

It's a SWVA thing man. We get shat on quite a bit in multiple facets. We get excited when our Heath Millers, Jones Brothers, Jimmy Gobbles, Billy Wagners, and Ahmad Bradshaw's represent us on a national level. I grew up 80 minutes from Bluefield and have only been there a handful of times, and I got excited as hell when it popped up for 3 seconds on that television. Stuff like that means very little to anyone outside of our cozy countryside.

legend11, not sure if you have seen it yet or not, but you might want to grab a copy of the NY Times today. The pic below is the headline sports picture.

Pretty cool keepsake.

2-sub-Super-A1-articleLarge.jpg