Bradshaw -“I was so anxious. I was nervous, I was shaking"

VHSLhelper

The best post in this thread in my opinion.

I'm happy for Ahmad for the win, but seems like everyone on here is sugarcoating the fact he was told not to score and did it anyway...even he acknowledged he screwed up.

We know in hindsight it worked out, but Tynes hitting a field goal from that distance was at least a 97% probability, versus maybe a 15 or 20% chance of Brady leading the Pats to a score in the final 57 seconds.

I would rather be ahead than behind with less than a minute to go in the Super Bowl. The TD was sure thing, we can all agree. And no matter how you want to look at it, the FG was not. Too many things can happen, especially in a huge pressure situation like that...Scott Norwood can vouch for that.

I'd rather take my chances with the lead, than gamble from behind...but that's just me...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best post in this thread in my opinion.

I'm happy for Ahmad for the win, but seems like everyone on here is sugarcoating the fact he was told not to score and did it anyway...even he acknowledged he screwed up.

We know in hindsight it worked out, but Tynes hitting a field goal from that distance was at least a 97% probability, versus maybe a 15 or 20% chance of Brady leading the Pats to a score in the final 57 seconds.

I would rather be ahead than behind with less than a minute to go in the Super Bowl. The TD was sure thing, we can all agree. And no matter how you want to look at it, the FG was not. Too many things can happen, especially in a huge pressure situation like that...Scott Norwood can vouch for that.

I'd rather take my chances with the lead, than gamble from behind...but that's just me...

Also, Bradshaw was not told in the huddle to stop short of the goal line, unless I'm reading his statement incorrectly. He said Manning handed the ball to him and then tried to give him the instruction in the middle of the play. To me, that's nuts, and risky.

Also, Bradshaw was not told in the huddle to stop short of the goal line, unless I'm reading his statement incorrectly. He said Manning handed the ball to him and then tried to give him the instruction in the middle of the play. To me, that's nuts, and risky.

Either way, the Patriots felt better about their chances giving up the touchdown than waiting for the kick. I think Giant fans would have felt the same way had the roles been reversed...

Always take the easy points.

If the touchdown is going to put you up by 3 points or less than I can understand downing the ball to run time off of the clock otherwise take the easy points. Bradshaw done the right thing by scoring the touchdown. New England is a great offensive team but they just dont have that quick strike ability like they have had in years past.

He paid for the town water fountain by Walmart. That was about 90 k. Is that enough? He's

Had 2 football camps, the second of which they found his dad dead of a heart attack one of the days of his camp. But he still finished the camp while still grieving. Most people wouldn't do that. There was no camp last year due to the fact he was in Florida training trying to get a contract. We are planning to do a camp this year if possible. Truth of the matter is that Mr Bradshaw has done nothing wrong in over 5 years,but some people just can't let things go. And you know what that is their problem, its a character flaw on those folks part.Us of those who get it choose to look forward. Not wallow in hate.

I'm with you...and I hope you know that I was directing that at somebody who was "throwing stones"....not at A.B......and he doesn't have to do anything for the community....but he has...

This was my initial thought....I couldn't understand why they would not want the lead with less than a minute to play.....I would want the sure thing...points on the board....and rely on a defense that's been playing pretty great lately to hold the Patriots out of the endzone ...they did have to score a TD and not a FG....pretty dang good odds, if you ask me.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
I'm with you...and I hope you know that I was directing that at somebody who was "throwing stones"....not at A.B......and he doesn't have to do anything for the community....but he has...

Do you even read my posts? You complain to me about throwing stones, yet you make jab after jab because I asked a question. Sad thing is, we both feel the same way. See below. ***Note I put NOT in all caps BEFORE this post.

I had to ask myself, what has he done for the community? There was one camp in 2009 according to the BDT, but it seems like that stopped with just one.

Am I missing something here? A quick google search of quite a few keywords found nothing. Maybe the BDT hasn't reported it, or Ahmad & staff haven't sent out PR material on his work in this area (He has done a few signings in NYC for free) but it seems like the giving back to the community just has not happened. Granted, he is still early in his career, and I am NOT asking him to give back, but just not seeing it...

I never bad mouthed him, I never complained. I understand he doesn't have to give a dime back. I don't see the gripe. I asked a honest question, gave reasons for the lack of information, and thankfully Lance answered that for me without attacking me as well.

Just going on what I was told, and believe me I have a great source. He went to jail for a probation violation at Marshall over the original violation at UVA. That was not anything he did just a doctor with a grudge. Another hater.

Two things I see here. 1) Why in the world would a Dr. who probably makes tons of money, be out to get Ahmad? Not sure where the Dr. was from, but I don't see the connection. Maybe I am missing something again?

2) If Ahmad did donate the money, he should let it be known. Bradshaw is a brand, and with having the most expensive agent in the league, he needs some good PR with the cash he is paying him. Kudos to him if he just doesn't want it to be known, but it would help him out if he would. May even sway an old grouchy hater like myself who evidently throws stones all the time :eek:.

Guest The Variable
Instigating will get you put in the box every time...besides, I had an itchy hammer finger...it had been a while...

Someone disagrees with you. I am back.

although i don't expect anything good about AB from you...so not much of a surprise you would say that...shoe on the other foot, if he doesn't score and they miss or get the FG blocked what then? You take it while you can get it and trust your defense to do it's job.

You never know how things will go, except probably not as you expect.

I said earlier, AB is probably the only guy that can score the GAME WINNING touchdown in the Super Bowl...and get bitched at for it. Incredible.

Wow, that's a bit of an overreaction.

Are you honestly saying that it wasn't a mistake to score there? Really? Tynes would make 999 of 1000 FGs from 18 yards out, and that one would probably be blocked. New York could've ran the clock down to :01 before snapping it for said FG. When you get down to the brass tacks, Bradshaw's boner took what was about a 99% chance of the Giants winning and turned it into about a ~75% chance. As I said, if Brady's WRs didn't have hands of brick on that last drive, it could've been utterly devastating.

Sorry if I don't think that Bradshaw's worthy of the praise being heaped on him for making a bone-headed mistake on the biggest stage in sports. Two, if you count the fumble inside the NE 20...

Good post, deuces.

It goes both ways, Vurble. Different people care about different things. Frankly, no one gives a shit that you broke and/or got a new recliner (except UVAO, who may or may not have just been saying that to appease you), but we didn't say anything to you about it.

Eh, I cared. He mentioned it on the Chatbox, and I just figured I'd make some small talk. Recliner's a fair-sized purchase you don't make every day.

Guest The Variable
He paid for the town water fountain by Walmart. That was about 90 k. Is that enough? He's

Had 2 football camps, the second of which they found his dad dead of a heart attack one of the days of his camp. But he still finished the camp while still grieving. Most people wouldn't do that. There was no camp last year due to the fact he was in Florida training trying to get a contract. We are planning to do a camp this year if possible. Truth of the matter is that Mr Bradshaw has done nothing wrong in over 5 years,but some people just can't let things go. And you know what that is their problem, its a character flaw on those folks part.Us of those who get it choose to look forward. Not wallow in hate.

Thanks for the vote of confidence earlier, I appreciate that, since I have had about ZERO interaction on the forum with you. Glad you hold some phantom grudge because Im not living next door to you. Im actually proud I do not live up to your standard of who should be a member here.

Just curious, has anyone denied that Bradshaw is philanthropic? No. I believe yall when he says he gives back to the community. Is anyone here calling him evil? No. In fact, I said I still have hope for the kid. When he plays, I smile and realize I have talked with people who really have that hometown emotional attachment to his success, and not in a condescending way. I said he continually makes the same mistakes over and over and does not seem to learn from them. The first comment was tongue in cheek and it became plain that some people cant handle it. Its so bad and petty that I got banned for 3 days (sentence seemingly commuted) for disagreeing with folks. Yes I learned my lesson, I can post on this board as long as I dont make any percievable negative connotation attributed to a professional athelete from SWVA. Sorry, I thought we were men here who are able to discuss sports and able to handle an arguement without letting emotions win out. That is the real embarassing thing here.

I will be more respectful in the future concerning the sensibilities of yall before offering my thoughtful and rational opinions of sports athletes hailing from this geographic area. Does that make you feel better GMan?

Edited by The Variable

I agree with UVAO.

He didn't single out Ahmad, he singled out the scenario. If Brandon Jacobs, Eli, or Walter Payton scored that TD and Tom Brady somehow came back to score the game winning TD because of the extra time on the clock then they would be highly scrutinized no matter who it was. The only place they could escape the blame is probably their immediate family (or a hometown message board).

You're right in that "you never know how things will go" because IF Tom Brady would've had a little help from his receivers on the last drive and had they not dropped the ball on a couple plays during the final drive, Brady could've just as easily won the game. Yeah, it's a "what if..." scenario, but it still happened. "What if" the Giants ran the clock down and missed a FG? They all hold the same weight.

You either trust your defense or you trust your kicker. Neither choice is better than the other... especially in the Super Bowl against one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

I think this is a fair interpretation of the other side of the coin. True, it's a gamble, but I'm siding with the FG over giving Tom Brady :45. Lawrence Tynes, though, has been a rock in clutch situations. He's won some huge games with kicks, including both NFC Title Games. I just trust him more than I do the Giants' secondary, which hasn't been all that and a bag of chips this year. I think the first wide-open drop proves that point.

So does the play itself. Eli admitted that Coughlin sent in the order to take a dive, and Eli relayed it. Didn't happen that way, and it's pretty much irrelevant in the long run since the Giants came out ahead.

I have my own personal opinions about AB, and I think I've done very well at keeping AB's personal life out of my comments about his play. In fact, even if I wanted to trash him publicly with his past, I couldn't say the particulars, because I've had intimate knowledge of stuff that's been sealed. That's a Felony VI in VA. Of course, some stuff he's done in his adult life is public knowledge (underage drinking and resisting arrest at UVA, etc.), but I'm not going to go farther than "great athlete, made very questionable life choices, not a role model".

That's all I'll say about that. I've been sidetracked.

Edited by UVAObserver

Guest The Variable
See you are tugging on supermans cape. No grudge, your just too stupid to get out of your own way.

That is so profound and insightful. Thank you, Ill remember that the next time I look at all the things I have accomplished in life by my being "too stupid". Glad you are looking out for me.

BTW, you dont have to be a genius to figure out that when someone asks for a perma-ban, they have an axe to grind. I appreciate that integrity you have about you.

Killing dogs and drinking a beer illegally are not the same....neither is being accused of stealing a playstation....his juvenile record is sealed....if you "think" you know something about that....you shouldn't.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule.

Edited by UVAObserver

You're probably right about that. Also consider that Lawrence Tynes hasn't missed a FG within the 30 yard line, including extra points, in 4 years. That was reason enough to just run out the clock and let Tynes try to win it, but with 20/20 hindsight, we know that Ahmad's decision wasn't too costly.

That was my original point.

Just going on what I was told, and believe me I have a great source. He went to jail for a probation violation at Marshall over the original violation at UVA. That was not anything he did just a doctor with a grudge. Another hater.

Not correct. Don't need any special knowledge for this one. ESPN's version is correct.

Edited by UVAObserver

Wow, that's a bit of an overreaction.

Are you honestly saying that it wasn't a mistake to score there? Really? Tynes would make 999 of 1000 FGs from 18 yards out, and that one would probably be blocked. New York could've ran the clock down to :01 before snapping it for said FG. When you get down to the brass tacks, Bradshaw's boner took what was about a 99% chance of the Giants winning and turned it into about a ~75% chance. As I said, if Brady's WRs didn't have hands of brick on that last drive, it could've been utterly devastating.

Sorry if I don't think that Bradshaw's worthy of the praise being heaped on him for making a bone-headed mistake on the biggest stage in sports. Two, if you count the fumble inside the NE 20...

yeah...i'm saying you take the points and let your defense do it's job...i'd rather take a TD on the ground with 1 min left and 80 yards to go and know they had to have a TD than put it all on the kicker....insert Norwood ref here.

You have to have a perfect snap, perfect hold, perfect kick, perfect blocking...and no penalties...under a ton of pressure. I'll take the TD and the sure points any day.

I bet Dallas sure wishes they had the TD at Seattle a few years back when Romo duffed the hold.