Bradshaw -“I was so anxious. I was nervous, I was shaking"

VHSLhelper

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it unwise to belittle users who are making legitimate points.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .....

Guest The Variable

You guys can all shut up now. Thank you.

I figured you would lock the thread after this. Probably best that you did.

Guest The Variable

here's another one for you.

Ill go ahead and tell you Im not going to look at that youtube video. I dont care.

Everybody is repeating themselves now. You obviously are very put off by the discussion, maybe its time to cut-sling-load and lock the thread.

Two players are all in before the river: The board is 4 S 4 H 7 D 8 D

Would you rather hold 2 C 2 H or the 9 D and 10 D

For all of you who answer 2 2 you are ahead but about a 2 to 1 underdog......same as the situation in this thread neither one is a sure thing.....but ill take the 9 10 everytime.....and the field goal try

You guys can say whatever you want....THIS is why you take the TD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FOTeWUjHIo

watch, listen, learn.

almost the exact same situation..."IF" Bradshaw didn't flop in to the end zone.

The last thing that is said by the great John Madden is "There is nothing automatic in football".

You guys can all shut up now. Thank you.

This...WIN!!!!

This...WIN!!!!

Ugh, I knew I wouldn't say anymore about it, but...

Yeah, Madden won a Super Bowl. Good coach in his day. But that ranks behind:

Noll: 4

Belichick: 3

Walsh: 3

Gibbs: 3

Lombardi: 2

Landry: 2

Seifert: 2

Johnson: 2

Shanahan: 2

Coughlin: 2

Facts be facts, homes.

The two that I bolded on this list gave (1) the mandate to let NYG score and (2) for NYG to take a dive so that the offense wouldn't score. One of them is perhaps the great strategist in NFL history, the other I've said time and again is the most underrated coach in NFL history.

Ugh, I knew I wouldn't say anymore about it, but...

Yeah, Madden won a Super Bowl. Good coach in his day. But that ranks behind:

Noll: 4

Belichick: 3

Walsh: 3

Gibbs: 3

Lombardi: 2

Landry: 2

Seifert: 2

Johnson: 2

Shanahan: 2

Coughlin: 2

Facts be facts, homes.

And while you are at it, check the winning percentage of Madden in the 70's. He just had the misfortune of being in the same conference as maybe the greatest set of teams of all time in the steelers. And oh yeah, the dynasty that was broken up by the WFL in the dolphins. Who knows how many superbowls might have been won by miami if not for that.Madden wasn't a good coach, he was a great coach. But then again, you weren't alive when he quit so you wouldn't know. They played in like 7 AFL/AFC championships from 68 to 78. And that wasn't the watered down NFL of today.

Guest The Variable
ah now...CPF, you know you can't tell someone who knows everything, anything.

Indeed.

ah now...CPF, you know you can't tell someone who knows everything, anything.

Well, he's dead wrong about many things. I had literally a 2000-word post typed up going into excruciating detail about how wrong CPF was about pretty much everything he said, but I'll summarize it here.

Top 4 coaches of all-time by winning percentage:

1. Vince Lombardi: .740, 5 titles

2. John Madden: .731, 1 title

3. George Allen: .684, 0 titles

4. Blanton Collier (bet even CPF doesn't remember him): .678, 1 title

So outside Lombardi, the 2nd-4th "best coaches of all-time" have a whopping 2 championships. Well, stop the freaking presses! Kind of shoots that argument all to smithereens, doesn't it? BTW, Madden's 1 title? Over a Vikings team that was so old, it was dragging along Egyptian wrapping paper behind it coming out of the tunnel.

John Madden's resume:

.731 winning percentage, 2nd all-time

10 seasons

8 playoff appearances

7 division titles

1 AFC Championship

1 Super Bowl win

Does that sound like any team you've seen this past decade? A team that burned through regular seasons yet choked like Hell in the playoffs? *COUGH-INDIANAPOLIS-COUGH-COUGH-COUGH*

CPF is wrong about the divisional alignment. Pittsburgh was in the AFL East, while Oakland was in the AFL West. After the merger, Pittsburgh was in the AFC Central, while Oakland was in the AFC West. Oopsie.

Oakland had to deal with Kansas City, Denver, and San Diego after the merger. Out of the 32 seasons the non-Oakland AFL/AFC West teams had, only 15 were winning seasons (only 11 from 1968-1977...there were three 9-7 teams T-2nd in AFC West in 1978). So, the majority of the time, the Raiders were getting fat on SUB-.500 TEAMS. So much for his "waaaaah, the Raiders' division was too tough, waaaaaah" argument.

Edited by UVAObserver

A few more things....

found a new article in the Raleigh paper, writen by a NY guy. So I went to the Post and found the article... but with a differnt headline AND pic.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/07/1835892/score-score-score-oh-no-wait-dont.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/sports/football/super-bowl-46-after-giants-surreal-touchdown-debates-on-the-strategy.html?_r=1&ref=sports

----------------

Super Bowl scores by SW VA guys...

Gary Clark, TD - XXII, 1988, Pulaski Co.

Gary Clark, TD - XXVI, 1992

Antonio Freeman, TD - XXXI, 1997, Va. Tech

Antonio Freeman, TD - XXXII, 1998

Ahmad Bradshaw, TD - XLVI, 2012, Graham

----------------

I saw the replay a few times yesterday and saw some interesting stuff...

the ref was kinda lackluster with his TD signal, like HE wasn't sure he wanted the Giants to score;

the timekeeper was kinda slow on stopping the clock.

-----------------

Didn't know that bouncing on a wire was a sport.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/sports/football/super-bowl-slacklining-gains-stage-in-madonnas-halftime-show.html?src=me&ref=sports

He got you pretty good, Lance, I have to admit.

Seems petty to ban him for that when he pointed out a pretty dark pot calling the kettle black.

Even though I'm not in this discussion, I agree.

I've seen threads get way more out of hand than this and they just get locked & people agree to disagree.

While Variable may step on a lot of toes, I don't think he went too overboard with his comments on this thread. He gave his opinion & wasn't too overbearing. He definitely shouldn't have been banned for that.

Well, he's dead wrong about many things. I had literally a 2000-word post typed up going into excruciating detail about how wrong CPF was about pretty much everything he said, but I'll summarize it here.

Top 4 coaches of all-time by winning percentage:

1. Vince Lombardi: .740, 5 titles

2. John Madden: .731, 1 title

3. George Allen: .684, 0 titles

4. Blanton Collier (bet even CPF doesn't remember him): .678, 1 title

So outside Lombardi, the 2nd-4th "best coaches of all-time" have a whopping 2 championships. Well, stop the freaking presses! Kind of shoots that argument all to smithereens, doesn't it? BTW, Madden's 1 title? Over a Vikings team that was so old, it was dragging along Egyptian wrapping paper behind it coming out of the tunnel.

John Madden's resume:

.731 winning percentage, 2nd all-time

10 seasons

8 playoff appearances

7 division titles

1 AFC Championship

1 Super Bowl win

Does that sound like any team you've seen this past decade? A team that burned through regular seasons yet choked like Hell in the playoffs? *COUGH-INDIANAPOLIS-COUGH-COUGH-COUGH*

CPF is wrong about the divisional alignment. Pittsburgh was in the AFL East, while Oakland was in the AFL West. After the merger, Pittsburgh was in the AFC Central, while Oakland was in the AFC West. Oopsie.

Oakland had to deal with Kansas City, Denver, and San Diego after the merger. Out of the 32 seasons the non-Oakland AFL/AFC West teams had, only 15 were winning seasons (only 11 from 1968-1977...there were three 9-7 teams T-2nd in AFC West in 1978). So, the majority of the time, the Raiders were getting fat on SUB-.500 TEAMS. So much for his "waaaaah, the Raiders' division was too tough, waaaaaah" argument.

Well, I guess if your going to be a dick, then I'll call you out. Pittsburgh was never in the AFL east. They were in the NFL prior to 1970. The point I am trying to make is that many years Oakland was the 2nd best team in the NFL. In the first 15 superbowls the AFL/AFC won eleven, and of the 4 the NFC/NFL two of those were from the Lombardi era. Oakland lost to the eventual champion many years. But I guess you will write a 15 thousand word post to prove I am wrong.lol you really are a know it all. Go along and read some articles on Wikipedia to prove me wrong. And by the way, if you had access to Ahmad's seal juvenile records, then it is highly unethical for you to even mention that here. I bet there is someone who would be interested in that. You aren't as smart as you think you are.

A few more things....

found a new article in the Raleigh paper, writen by a NY guy. So I went to the Post and found the article... but with a differnt headline AND pic.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/07/1835892/score-score-score-oh-no-wait-dont.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/sports/football/super-bowl-46-after-giants-surreal-touchdown-debates-on-the-strategy.html?_r=1&ref=sports

----------------

Super Bowl scores by SW VA guys...

Gary Clark, TD - XXII, 1988, Pulaski Co.

Gary Clark, TD - XXVI, 1992

Antonio Freeman, TD - XXXI, 1997, Va. Tech

Antonio Freeman, TD - XXXII, 1998

Ahmad Bradshaw, TD - XLVI, 2012, Graham

----------------

I saw the replay a few times yesterday and saw some interesting stuff...

the ref was kinda lackluster with his TD signal, like HE wasn't sure he wanted the Giants to score;

the timekeeper was kinda slow on stopping the clock.

-----------------

Didn't know that bouncing on a wire was a sport.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/sports/football/super-bowl-slacklining-gains-stage-in-madonnas-halftime-show.html?src=me&ref=sports

Isn't Freeman from Maryland or something?