The 2012 Atlanta Braves thread....

Lance

Don't see any way you can pull Medlen from the rotation at this point unless he forgets how to throw a baseball. The Braves have won 15 straight games that he's started and I'm pretty sure that ties the ATL record set by Smoltz. They have also won 18 out of his last 19 starts. All he does is win *cue DJ Khaled*.

I think that Hanson needs to be sent to the pen when it comes down to the final stretch. He just doesn't have the velocity he had a couple years ago and gets rocked because of it. Just don't see it happening though. I think it's Minor and probably Medlen that will be the odd men out.

No way Hanson goes to the pen. Medlen will go because he has experience there, and yes Minor would be the other, unless Sheets arm starts having issues. I would say a ATL playoff rotation would be:

1. Hudson

2. Maholm

3. Hanson

4. Sheets

No way Hanson goes to the pen. Medlen will go because he has experience there, and yes Minor would be the other, unless Sheets arm starts having issues. I would say a ATL playoff rotation would be:

1. Hudson

2. Maholm

3. Hanson

4. Sheets

I agree that there's no way Hanson goes to the pen, but I think that's where he needs to be if the current trends keep going.

Right now Medlen's stability in the starting lineup is much more consistent than what you know, or don't know, about getting out of Hanson. Aside from his slower velocity, Hanson either works 5 good innings but throws 100+ pitches and comes out of the game, gets railed early and is out by the 3rd, or goes the distance but gives up a 3-run bomb in the 8th. Hanson is one of my favorite Braves and one who may have the brightest future, but he's got a long way to go to be the pitcher everyone thinks or believes he can be.

Nats series starts Monday...if the stinking Mets could take one from them and they come in up 3 with a 3 game stint...would be a really cool series to watch...Strasburg is up in the 2nd game as well.

I always like it better when you have a 3 game series and are not 4 behind going in to it...just seems to make it better knowing you could catch them if you sweep.

Nats series starts Monday...if the stinking Mets could take one from them and they come in up 3 with a 3 game stint...would be a really cool series to watch...Strasburg is up in the 2nd game as well.

I always like it better when you have a 3 game series and are not 4 behind going in to it...just seems to make it better knowing you could catch them if you sweep.

6 games left against them this year. 4-2 would be a great turnout. Gotta make up 2 games somewhere.

Chipper is batting .313 and has 13 HR's...any chance he might pull a Favre and stick around 1 more? He's still able to contribute...wouldn't blame him at all if he did.

Chipper is batting .313 and has 13 HR's...any chance he might pull a Favre and stick around 1 more? He's still able to contribute...wouldn't blame him at all if he did.

I wish, but he's already downplayed that more than once this season. He says that he wants to go home and be a father to his 4 boys. Can't blame him there. He was also quoted a couple days ago saying something to the effect of, "Next year when I get the urge to play baseball, I'm just going to climb a tree and shoot something."

I think he's a lot like Billy Wagner was a couple years ago. Everyone wanted him to come back for one more season because they could be effective and help the team, but once they make their minds up they are too stubborn to change it.

I am still in denial that Chipper is done in just a matter of weeks. I seriously might cry.

BTW, Sheets is pitching a HR derby tonight. He's given up 6 earned runs and 4 jacks.

Luckily, the Nats are down 2-0 in the 8th too. Definitely need the Mets to come through tonight and we need to take this series tomorrow afternoon if we want any hope of catching Washington.

Weird game all the way around tonight. Every hit was an extra base hit. Braves had chances just couldn't convert. Maybe the new is rubbing off of Sheets. But, whats been his key is whole career is location, and his last start he left stuff up in the zone. I didnt see tonights game, just followed it on GameCast, but I would bet the same thing happened.

back to 4.5 out. Gnats have lost 4 straight, and the braves took 2 of 4 from division-leading sf over the weekend. Must take advantage right now.

ftfy

And we have 3 games coming up with the Padres, which we should at least take 2 of 3 if we don't sweep. Hopefully the Gnats keep this up and lose a couple to the Cards. We should be able to gain a game or two by the end of this week.

Looking ahead at the schedule, out of the 34 remaining games the Braves only play 3 games against a team with a winning record (Pirates), not including the 3 we play against the Gnats. The Gnats have 10 games against teams with above .500 records, not including the 3 games against us. We have a decent shot at making a run for the division title, but it is going to take some faltering from the Gnats, while we continue to play solid ball.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

Will Dan Uggla show up to play at any point this season? We need to look at possibly trading him in the off-season and getting rid of that big salary because he certainly hasn't been worth the price paid.

been saying that since last year, but all I heard was how his numbers averaged out...doesn't help much really.

honestly though, the Braves will end up eating most of his salary if they trade him, because no one is going to touch him with a 10 foot pole at this point with the money he's making vs. his production.

Braves have lost 7 of the last 10 games by the way....

been saying that since last year, but all I heard was how his numbers averaged out...doesn't help much really.

honestly though, the Braves will end up eating most of his salary if they trade him, because no one is going to touch him with a 10 foot pole at this point with the money he's making vs. his production.

Braves have lost 7 of the last 10 games by the way....

Have we run that past the Dodgers yet? They seem like they're in the market to take over big contracts for flailing players.

Starting to have flashbacks to last Sept., especially after blowing last night's game in the 9th and extras. If they do not make the playoffs this year does the club continue on with Gonzalez as manager? At least the last of Cox's teams made the playoff before falling apart...