Choose a prior player to place on your current team

com74bsslc

For Richlands im gonna take DJ Simmons over just about everyone else you could put him on one side of the field and that side was shut off from a passing being completed he was overlooked alot but go back and look at the tapes in any game he played in the guy he covered may have caught 2 passes on a good day.

Yes, D. J. was an asset, couldn't remember his name, when posting earlier. Don't forget the Fajardo boys either. Little Fajardo taking on the big bruiser, the Pinkerton kid from PV was one of the best football pics I've ever seen. Big D posted it at one time on here...awesome photo.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may have protected him in high school but he is tough. Heath is one heck of a blocking TE for the Steelers. Lloyd Combs still says he thinks Heath's best sport was baseball. Lloyd said would have been in MLB.

Didnt mean to suggest that he wasnt tough, Hubbard just didnt want his QB getting hurt. Miller was a tough player.

Was Carey Perkins the one that was Emory and Henry's quarterback in the early 90's?? I can remember when my dad and I would go watch Emory play football and they had a deaf quarterback. He was impressive if this is the same guy I am thinking of.

A deaf quarterback? That's awesome. I'm deaf myself, and it would be hard, having to read lips and signs instead of just hearing the play call...

@CCHS, I would take Hunter Grubb. Why? Because he is my son and I loved watching him play! 2nd guy up, would be Billy Clougher. Pound for pound and on just sheer will and heart, Billy brought his A game every week and was a joy to watch.

A deaf quarterback? That's awesome. I'm deaf myself, and it would be hard, having to read lips and signs instead of just hearing the play call...

Josh Aliveto was the quarterback at Lord Botetourt in the mid 90's. He was deaf. He played college football but I can't remember where.

for Honaker, Heath Miller on offense, for defense Joey Dye and Travis Dye.

size for size id go with joey also.i remember him and julius jones popped like 2 big rams down bullet park.jones staggard to the sidelines and joey run back to the huddle,but he got a concussion out of it.

For James Monroe I would take Ben Thornton. He played just about every position but kicker and lineman during his time at JM. He almost single handedly helped us beat Wyoming East his senior season by playing the wildcat qb position instead of running back during the second half. If we had used him that way the whole game we probably would have won. Ben was a great player and a great guy as well.

Hands down I would have to take Aaron Marcum (FB,MLB)! I watched this guy not only make all state on defense, his talents as a FB was incredible. On D, he led the team for tackles every year. He was always lookin to lay a hit on someone. And on O, he was one hell of a blocker. If it wasn't for this Marcum, Garon wouldn't have got all of those yards. I watched time and time again of Aaron knocking someone on the ground and looked for someone else to hit so that little brother could score. Just giving credit where credit should be due.

Kory Bostic, probably the best athlete ever to play at Haysi. Absolutely incredible reciever

kory was good, real good...but don't know that he was the best athlete ever to play at haysi. for such a small school, haysi has been very fortunate in that category...had a lot of really good athletes over the years.

Very true, he was a great athlete but there were alot of guys to choose from. The QB list alone goes pretty deep

In the past few years I would have taken Josh Yates. Great player on O and D and a team leader. Played DT at E&H

Who is your pick bgj?

Being a Union Fan (hints the name) you would think i would say either of the Jones brothers for the reason of their NFL careers, but Im going to say if i could bring back one past player to put on Union it would be a toss up between the new ball coach Travis Turner or Robbie Duncan (PV qb on the 89 and 90 state teams). Union's run game is solid and with the young qb they have Id have to go with a war hardened vet at that position for obvious reasons. Therefore give me either one of the aforementioned qbs for this year's Union Bears

Very true, he was a great athlete but there were alot of guys to choose from. The QB list alone goes pretty deep

In the past few years I would have taken Josh Yates. Great player on O and D and a team leader. Played DT at E&H

Who is your pick bgj?

He'll just pick one of them old Hackney's. :)

Julius Jones would have to be my favorite, since he played for Notre Dame.

I thought of some former players @ Richlands, that played D-1 football:

Kelly Buskill @ Uva 50's

L.C. Lawson @ Uva 50's

Dale Cristrian @ UVA 50's

Bill Cranwell @VT 50's

Jim Sam Gillespie @VMI 50's

Gerald (Red) Bobbitte @VT 50's

Dickie Cranwell @VT 50's

Mark Ginn @ Wake Forest 80's

Chad King @ VT 80's

Rob Stanton @VT 2000's

Austin Fuller @ VT 2000's

Devon Johnson @ Marshall 2000's

I hope I did not leave anyone out.

Edited by Irishman

Kelly Buskill @ Uva 50's

L.C. Lawson @ Uva 50's

Bill Cranwell @VT 50's

Dickie Cranwell @VT 50's

Chad King @ VT 80's

Rob Stanton @VT 2000's

Mike Compton

Was Carey Perkins the one that was Emory and Henry's quarterback in the early 90's?? I can remember when my dad and I would go watch Emory play football and they had a deaf quarterback. He was impressive if this is the same guy I am thinking of.

Yes Cary went to E&H...he graduated from Grundy in '89

Kelly Buskill @ Uva 50's

L.C. Lawson @ Uva 50's

Bill Cranwell @VT 50's

Dickie Cranwell @VT 50's

Chad King @ VT 80's

Rob Stanton @VT 2000's

Yuupp, Mike Compton @ WVA 80's

size for size id go with joey also.i remember him and julius jones popped like 2 big rams down bullet park.jones staggard to the sidelines and joey run back to the huddle,but he got a concussion out of it.

i thought that was his brother travis that put the pop on julius. i was like 8 or 9 years old when they played each other. i could be wrong